What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KFC Twenty20 Big Bash 2008/09

El Diablo

Post Whore
like that would benefit Victoriania anyway if they were :lol:

you should thank Christ White won't be playing

eddiesmith

Juniors
Aus players not being released to play prelim final
Typical :roll:

What possible excuse would they have for not releasing them? No game untill Friday, a shot trip from Brissie to Sydney, pathetic

Oh but I see they have released QLDs no1 bowler, so they miss out on Hopes (Wow :roll:) and we miss 2 of the best T20 batsmen in the world

willvillain

Juniors
Haha. Why do the Vics take this comp so seriously? I'll be honest, I just don't get it.

But it is providing me some laughs via this thread, so carry on lads.

eddiesmith

Juniors
States dont make any money from crowds so why wouldnt a place in a $9 million tournament be taken seriously? Especially if after 4 years of domination we dont ever get the chance to beat the rest of the world because the BCCI are a bunch of morons

El Diablo

Post Whore
you only dominated because other states were missing players to rep duty

whinging f**king Victorians

eddiesmith

Juniors
We would smash a full strength NSW in T20, Lee and Clark would be worth 100 runs between them, NSW is better off without them

MSIH

Bench
Haha. Why do the Vics take this comp so seriously? I'll be honest, I just don't get it.

But it is providing me some laughs via this thread, so carry on lads.

I'm more passionate for NSW than Australia, and am a Big fan of the Big Bash. That game the other day was the one of the best and most enjoyable games of cricket ive seen. The players showed a fair bit of passion for it as well.

I also love seeing Shane Harwood lose. He is the biggest douchebag in the Universe.

willvillain

Juniors
Really dude?! I might be more passionate about it if it was the full strength squads for all states, and of course the players were excited, for plenty of them this is their first/second year of cricket - that's a big deal for a 20 year old.

As it is, it's a 20/20 game (my least favoured form of cricket) involving the second XI of my state in a comp that doesn't mean a great deal to me... The drama surrounding the finish did drag me into the game though. I didn't want to see NSW lose after performing so valiently, but I don't think I would've been fussed if the Vics had polished off the runs inside 15 overs or anything.

Ditto on Harwood though. He's evil. Not a bad trait for a fast bowler to have, but makes him easier to hate.

IanG

Coach
Good Luck to the Baby Blues in the final. They haven't had alot of luck in the other 2 formats this season. Running 2nd Last in the Sheffield Shield and running 4th in the Ford Ranger Cup, Except the NSW Ladies are hosting the final of the WNCL

Spike

First Grade
Victorians having a whinge

Victoria angry at Twenty20 decision
Cricinfo staff
January 20, 2009
330732.jpg

Victoria entered the season having lost only one Twenty20 match but are now in danger of failing to qualify for the final lol losers © Getty Images

Victoria have been left fuming by Cricket Australia's decision not to allow their star batsmen Cameron White and David Hussey to play in Wednesday's Twenty20 preliminary final against Queensland. The winner of the match is guaranteed a place at the multi-million dollar Champions League in India in October but neither side will have their Australian one-day representatives available.
The Bushrangers entered this summer having been beaten only once in a Twenty20 match and they had won the domestic tournament every year since its inception. They qualified for the Champions League last year but when it was postponed due to the terror attacks in Mumbai they were forced to earn their spot again by reaching the final of the Big Bash this month.
That has become more difficult with a pair of defeats from their past three games and they must beat the Bulls at the Gabba on Wednesday to get to Saturday's final against New South Wales in Sydney. Cricket Victoria's chief executive Tony Dodemaide said he could not understand Cricket Australia's cotton-wool approach given the importance of the match.
"I was hoping you might be able to explain," Dodemaide told the Herald Sun. "We would have thought there might have been some consideration, given the players who are involved. They were really keen to play. It would have given state cricket a real boost, I would have thought."
Victoria will be without their captain White, a renowned Twenty20 performer, and Hussey, who is second only to Brad Hodge on the competition's all-time run-scoring list. The men were part of Australia's side for the first two one-day internationals against South Africa but with the Twenty20 game coming during a four-day break between ODIs, Dodemaide said it was frustrating that Cricket Australia had stopped the two from playing.
"It's disappointing for Victorian supporters in what is really the most significant game of the season," he said. "If it were Ricky Ponting or Peter Siddle, who have been through a long, hard Test series you would understand, but the players involved haven't had that and by my reckoning there are only nine playing days for Australia in the next month."
Queensland have also been hit by the ruling with their allrounder James Hopes unavailable for selection, although their fast bowler Ryan Harris will play having been cut from the ODI squad. It is Victoria who will feel most aggrieved by the decision, considering their recent dominance of the format and the importance of White and Hussey.
"Given the significance of the Champions Trophy tournament that awaits the two finalists and what we've achieved in this competition over the past three years, this is very disappointing," Dodemaide said. "But we'll move on, go up there with a view to winning the game and then the final."
Hodge will lead the side in the absence of the captain and vice-captain. He is in charge of an unchanged 12 from the side that lost to New South Wales on the weekend.
"The clash with the Bulls can't come soon enough," Hodge said. "We're all pumped to have another crack at getting through to the final and we're desperate to play our best cricket and prove we've got what it takes to challenge for another title."
Victoria squad Brad Hodge (capt), Aiden Blizzard, Rob Quiney, Aaron Finch, Andrew McDonald, Matthew Wade, Adam Crosthwaite (wk), Damien Wright, Shane Harwood, Jon Holland, Bryce McGain, Dirk Nannes.
Queensland squad Chris Simpson (capt), Wade Townsend, Ryan Broad, Lee Carseldine, Nathan Reardon, Glen Batticciotto, Craig Philipson, Chris Hartley (wk), Ryan Harris, Nathan Rimmington, Ben Cutting, Alister McDermott, Ben Laughlin.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/387050.html

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bulls are having the same whinge on Foxsports

Hopes will be at the game but he's not allowed to play

eddiesmith

Juniors
Yeah a huge advantage missing a bloke coming off 40* off 18 balls in his last T20 at the GABBA or the same bloke who led us to Victory in a previous game with a quickfire 50 odd :roll:

Latest posts