What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran claims he will not follow Des Hasler to Bulldogs despite get-out-clause

dikefalos

Juniors
Don't worry the Stewarts aren't leaving, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Mate I hope your right but I was in disbelief when told about the Stewart brothers lets hope that with Warwick staying that this might convince foran to stay

2010Dragons

Bench
I saw a new sign at Brookvale oval today..."The last player to leave please switch off the lights" Oh how the Sea Eagles are falling...hilarous!!!
lightsout.jpg

jono

Juniors
Diminished? He's done his dash in my books already.
I wouldn't be too harsh on Des, if you're gonna blame anyone , blame the board for not tying him up long term earlier in the year when he wanted to stay.
You can't blame Hasler for accepting the Godfather offer.
As a Parra supporter , I'd be more than happy to have the two premierships he's delivered to you.

MSIH

Bench
I wouldn't be too harsh on Des, if you're gonna blame anyone , blame the board for not tying him up long term earlier in the year when he wanted to stay.
You can't blame Hasler for accepting the Godfather offer.
As a Parra supporter , I'd be more than happy to have the two premierships he's delivered to you.

Mate the Board have clearly got to take alot of the heat. But the way Hasler has gone about it, ripping the club apart in the process. He's a stain.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm a huge Kieran Foran but not liking this pussy 'I don't want to be coached by anyone but Hasler' stuff.

^_^

Juniors
Has he said that though? very Boydesque of him if true & def agree. As Choc has come out & said the players play for each other & would most likely base their choices on who they want to play with (players) obviously contract negotiations play a big role too

mikail-eagle

Bench
I'm a huge Kieran Foran but not liking this pussy 'I don't want to be coached by anyone but Hasler' stuff.

Don't know where you got that quote from but this is what he said last night..
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ment-shocking-hasler-news-20111110-1n7z6.html

New Zealand five-eighth Keiran Foran, who has been linked with a move to Canterbury, and rookie Kangaroos halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, also spoke about what the latter described as "shocking news".
Foran said: "I do have a [get out] clause but I'm at Manly next year and I'll be there next year."

Watmough was confident that Foran wouldn't exercise the clause enabling him to leave if Hasler wasn't the coach the following year either.
"We all heard that he was supposed to be going to the Roosters before and he signed with us," Watmough said.
"At the end of the day it came down to him playing with his mates and that was his decision in the end. He wanted to stay there and play with his mates, the guys he can go and have a beer with or the guys he can go and have a feed with.
"I think at the end of the day he wouldn't leave his mates for Dessie Hasler or anyone else. It is the bond we have and Dessie, the great man that he is, didn't make that club everything it was.
"It was a great club before Dessie and the boys there, they made it that great club and they made that great culture there. We will still have that great culture and we will stick together."

Cherry-Evans, who is set to make his Test debut in Sunday's match against Wales, said: "Obviously as a player, I don't want any of the other boys leaving but at the end of the day it is a business and they will make their own decisions".

Cherry-Evans added: "It is only early, we are still sort of in the 2011 season and 2012 is at least four months away so hopefully they will have it sorted before kick off. If Toovs is there I have no doubts he will do a good job for us."

Fast Eddie

First Grade
It was the headline of some article I read the other day, obviously wasn't from his mouth though so I guess you have to take it for what its worth.

themacemaceman

Juniors
If the bulldogs approach all of des's staff then it's not des's fault. Most support staff go with the coach when he moves on anyway. Smith bought his own staff to Newcastle then the roosters. Bennett is bringing some of his staff to Newcastle. Maguire is bringing his own staff to souths. I guess the difference with manly is Toovey was already one of the staff himself so they in effect have to find people who may be unproven in these roles. Its not like toovs has a team of his own. At the end of the day manly can only blame themselves. There must be a lot of pissed of people in the organization for them to all be leaving a club that has been highly successfully in the last decade and just won the title.

GuardDog

Juniors
If Des and Crusher are as good as they claim then Josh Reynolds can be developed as the next 5/8 for the dogs.Foran should stay put at Manly.There is enough talent at the dogs to start from scratch for Des

ceagle

Bench
It was the headline of some article I read the other day, obviously wasn't from his mouth though so I guess you have to take it for what its worth.
Yes, I remember the article, it didn't even say where he said it and in what interview.

firechild

First Grade
If the bulldogs approach all of des's staff then it's not des's fault. Most support staff go with the coach when he moves on anyway. Smith bought his own staff to Newcastle then the roosters. Bennett is bringing some of his staff to Newcastle. Maguire is bringing his own staff to souths. I guess the difference with manly is Toovey was already one of the staff himself so they in effect have to find people who may be unproven in these roles. Its not like toovs has a team of his own. At the end of the day manly can only blame themselves. There must be a lot of pissed of people in the organization for them to all be leaving a club that has been highly successfully in the last decade and just won the title.

Hmmm...that whole response sounds like a massive contradiction. As you say, the coaches bring their staff with them, i.e. it is their choice and their doing. Yet you claim that it is not De$'s doing but go on to claim the situations are comparable. So which is it? Is De$ just doing what every other coach does (and therefore breaching his contract) or is he not?