What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran Officially Signs With Warriors 1 Year

POPEYE

Coach
lucky?

if you chose a life in the public profile, be prepared to either live your life to a certain standard or run the risk of shit coming out

you do realise this isn't contained to RL players?
Cry me a f**king river . . . like so many others I'm just happy to not have been caught for most of the naughty things I've done

franklin2323

Immortal
If she was abused I doubt it was in her capacity as a woman but in her capacity as a rugby league muck racking gossip journalist. You don't get to spread horrid, vicious rumours about people and then hide behind your gender. No deal.

remember Teo refused to speak to Weidler. Nothing to do with him as a ranga but a rubbish journo. I doubt any other journo wouldn't of copped the same

myrrh ken

First Grade
Fair enough - didn't see that.

I'm sure police can pursue the text if Hartigan gives it. Why hasn't he instead of making a press statement?

TheFrog

Coach
They wanted the NRL to do their dirty work for them. They should have realised the NRL would be disinclined to assist.

TheFrog

Coach
An even less reputable source than his wife
Maybe I'm gullible, but I tend to believe him, and whats more all the hard evidence was presented to the NRL previously, so he's probably still got the wherewithal to sink Foran without trace should he care to do so. He should either do so or STFU.

Incorrect

Coach
Yeah Hartigan would want to have proof of these threats.... An aggrieved widower might be given some leeway to blow off a bit of steam but making these kinds of allegations in such a public forum could/should get him in to a spot of bother if he's going on little more than hearsay... In any case the texts will be easily retrieved as evidence if either Hartigan or Foran wish to pursue it in an effort to confirm or deny depending on which side of the fence you are....

Personally I don't buy this stuff that Wilson was noticeably shaken or horrified... Only thing she ever was shaken from was probably the DT's

insert.pause

First Grade
There wouldn't be a journo around who hasn't copped it before from someone they have reported on, Wilson gave as good as she got. She showed a callous disregard for the well known mental health problems of Foran for a cheap headline. She didn't care about Foran beyond embarrassing him and the NRL. Without disregarding the sensitivity around her death, and I feel for her family, I doubt it's a story if she were still alive. I certainly don't think journos who were close to her, like Webster, should be reporting on it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
^and as has been said Foran probably had no idea that she was sick. I had no idea until this story broke and she'd alread gone to the big members bar in the sky by then.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
reading some of the posts in here and the celebrations around the treatment of people (let alone women), no wonder there is such a stigma associated with our game

How? The stigma is caused by agenda, driven from people like Wilson. Why was it ok for her to day in day out give it to football players, and their families, yet now she is being treated unfairly? Is it because she's dead?