What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran Officially Signs With Warriors 1 Year

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
who said anything about hiding behind gender? our game has a horrible history when it comes to the treatment of women, I'm sure you don't need me to elaborate.

no chance of removing that stigma as long as people think its ok to abuse and threaten people, regardless of gender.

Society has a horrible history when it comes to treatment of women. This is not limited to footballers. They just happen to have a job as a footballer. Similar to someone who drives a forklift, packs shelves, is an accountant etc etc

taxidriver

Coach
Society has a horrible history when it comes to treatment of women. This is not limited to footballers. They just happen to have a job as a footballer. Similar to someone who drives a forklift, packs shelves, is an accountant etc etc

let me ask you a question and will leave it to you to answer honestly.

do you think the NRL is viewed positively in regards to this issue?

taxidriver

Coach
How? The stigma is caused by agenda, driven from people like Wilson. Why was it ok for her to day in day out give it to football players, and their families, yet now she is being treated unfairly? Is it because she's dead?
you clearly haven't read a word I said

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

Not at all. But that is the NRL's own fault by allowing those who commit offences play the game still.

shiznit

Coach
Wouldn't have anything to do with him playing for the Warriors

Still doesn't excuse what he did.
Excuse what exactly?? Giving a Jurno a serve for writing hurtful stories about his family??

That's an understable reaction.

There's nothing at all to suggest that Foran knew she was dying...

Iafeta

Referee
did you actually read the article?

are you saying it's acceptable behavior to make personal threats to someone's well being, let alone a professional male athlete to a middle aged woman?

Wilson is one of the worst journalists to ever put pen to paper, no doubt about this and I had zero respect for her in that capacity.

her deficiencies in no way condone what has been alleged

Alleged.

Publish them if that is the case. But show the full context too.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Why have they made him sit out first couple of games? Is it a punishment? seems if they need another psych report they could get that now or do they think watching the first games is going to create some untoward reaction?
So Warriors can fit him under the cap, pro rata

Iafeta

Referee

No.

Is it completely valid? No. Of course there's some poor behaviour in this area. But as there is in normal society and other sports as well.

M2D2

Bench
"But show the full context too."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The knights have a better shot at winning the 2017 GF than that happening.

T-Boon

Coach
From my experience the biggest negative women (i.e. mothers) have against NRL players is how dumb they speak. Its like cultural that you have to talk dumb.
I think the image amongst mums is tat the lads treat women well.

Iafeta

Referee
"But show the full context too."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The knights have a better shot at winning the 2017 GF than that happening.

My point exactly. I bet if these alleged texts exist, Wilsons responses will never see the light of day.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
From my experience the biggest negative women (i.e. mothers) have against NRL players is how dumb they speak. Its like cultural that you have to talk dumb.
I think the image amongst mums is tat the lads treat women well.

Maybe my sarcasm radar is on the blink, so apologies in advance if so.

But you cannot actually be serious with this comment can you?

If so, wow.

Latest posts