What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kit clashing

Jason Maher

Immortal
I hate the concept of away strips

Originally everyone had one strip that didnt clash

All traditional clubs ie pre 1995

Even original Cowboys is fine

Its since then when clubs stopped trying to have a unique look that issues occurred

NRL should just enforce that a club has unique look and get rid of away jersies

Eg Penrith v Warriors v Wests shouldn't have a all black look - this a blight on the game

No issue for a summer or 9s jersey

Or a special event or heritage jersey

But each clubs original jersey bar Parramatta and Auckland were unique

Parramatta 1986 jersey was unique

Norths and Illawarra clashed prior to 1992. Penrith and Wests clashed after Penrith changed from brown to black in 1991.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Newcastle did not need to wear their away strip against the sharks

Canberra and Parramatta should both be wearing their home jerseys

League gone mad

Jason Maher

Immortal
Didn't illawarra wear a white jersey against Norths?

When they played at North Sydney. Not sure what happened in Wollongong.

Edit: I was able to Google this image. Can't tell which ground though. Both have hills.

DE2325C_t620.jpg

Last edited:

beave

Coach
When they played at North Sydney. Not sure what happened in Wollongong.

Edit: I was able to Google this image. Can't tell which ground though. Both have hills.

DE2325C_t620.jpg

I reckon that is NSO. Can kinda make out the picket fence in the background.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
And this whole Marvel thing. I get it. It's great for marketing and blah blah blah, but these jerseys are getting stupid.

The Spider Man jersey that the roosters wore is great for the Knights because it looks like the goddamn Knights still.

Melbournes Thor jersey was unacceptable. Not an ounce of resemblance and would have been terrible for any other NRL team. Ya'storm? Or ya'bunch of clowns?

Manly - only resemblance was the small amount of moron.
UNACCEPTABLE

Canberra - only resemblance was the fact it was green. But a green that is not identified with the raiders. UNACCEPTABLE

St. George Illawarra - lil bit o red. Well done dickheads. UNACCEPTABLE!

Wests - Shit jersey, but at least you could tell who they were

Brisbane, North Queensland and Newcastle - good enough

And it's gotta be 'Marvel ROUND!' Not 'Marvel couple o' weeks'

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While I agree the Marvel is outdated, plenty wrong with this...

The Spider Man jersey that the roosters wore is great for the Knights because it looks like the goddamn Knights still.
Red and blue... made sense to me. Design itself wasn't that great, made them look very odd.

Melbournes Thor jersey was unacceptable. Not an ounce of resemblance and would have been terrible for any other NRL team. Ya'storm? Or ya'bunch of clowns?
Yeah, because Thor, god of thunder... makes no sense when paired with the STORM... :rolling_eyes:

Manly - only resemblance was the small amount of moron.
UNACCEPTABLE
Falcon is a type of bird in a similar vein to an eagle... made sense to me?
Canberra - only resemblance was the fact it was green. But a green that is not identified with the raiders. UNACCEPTABLE
The Raiders have used about 4 different shades of green since 1982, including one resembling the one used this time.
St. George Illawarra - lil bit o red. Well done dickheads. UNACCEPTABLE!
LOL now you're just sooking.
Wests - Shit jersey, but at least you could tell who they were
Again, sooking.
And it's gotta be 'Marvel ROUND!' Not 'Marvel couple o' weeks'
Clubs want to wear the promotional jersey at home to maximise the promotional opportunities - would you prefer they don't give themselves the opportunity to make a truckload of money?

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Red and blue... made sense to me. Design itself wasn't that great, made them look very odd.
They did look like the Knights though

Yeah, because Thor, god of thunder... makes no sense when paired with the STORM... :rolling_eyes:
Yeah, the connection is obvious. Can't have a purple Thor jersey though?

Falcon is a type of bird in a similar vein to an eagle... made sense to me?
Again, obvious bird theme. No reason it can't be predominately maroon

The Raiders have 4 different shades of green since 1982, including one resembling the one used this time.

LOL now you're just sooking.
You bet I'm sooking :wink:
Again, sooking.
I feel like my sooking is warranted with this combined with all the unnecessary away jerseys this year

Clubs want to wear the promotional jersey at home to maximise the promotional opportunities - would you prefer they don't give themselves the opportunity to make a truckload of money?

I think a clubs colours and identity is very important.

I'm not against promotional and different Jerseys, I just think that you should be able to tell who a team is at first glance.

Smack

Coach
I get the point of Marvel week(s) as clubs are trying to find ways to raising money other than pokies. My issue is with the kit clashing.

stormbati

Bench
I think unless the superhero resembles the clubs colours or mascot in some way then forget it.

Storm - Thor
Parra - Wolverine
Panthers - Black Panther
Roosters - Captain America
Raiders - Hulk
Knights - Superman
Broncos - Ironman

Latest posts