What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kitinas

bluemazda

Juniors
Should he be snapped up for a 1 or 2 year deal with the bunnies ? Richo seemed happy with him last night bob Mc Carthy shook his hands at end of the game rubbing with glee

Vicious

Bench
I`ve had reports that all the players have a lot of respect for him,but there`s no hurry,it`s not as if any other club is going to sign him straight away,so results between now and the end of the season should determine Arthurs fate!!!

izzo

Juniors
dont sign him up!!!

you cant sign someone up cause they won a game

we signewd langmack up cause we lost 2 games by 10 points

viva_la_bam

Juniors
hell no he should be signed up !! are you kidding me ? as izzo pointed out, we done this with langmack and look what happened. we done this with craig coleman as well.

sure, he won a game, let him caretake for the remainder of the season bringing stability, but do not let emotion get in the way of common sense.

the right decision will be daniel anderson or shaun mcrae coming in for 2-3 years allowing for a 1st year rebuild (again) implementing their way, coupled with good recruitment and a supportive board behind the coach.

then we will see the so called souths fans in numbers again in the early rounds and it will be a matter of putting performances in to keep the likes of fat boy mieky robbins coming back week after week.

izzo

Juniors
put kitinas on coaching staff for 2005 , get an experienced coach to attract the signings.

izzo said:
put kitinas on coaching staff for 2005 , get an experienced coach to attract the signings.

Arthur already is on coaching staff for 2005 at the rabbits. He has been a wonderful junior coach since 1987 he started at the Roosters for memory. As Ball coach and was President's Cup coach in 1993 when they won it. Very knowledgable and does very well with the kids. He will be an asset but he isn't a name that will attract the top liners. BUT in saying that Shane Richardson could be.

choc_soldier

Coach
GoTheBears said:
Who is Shaun McRae? Where else has he coached?

He's been coaching in the English Superleague. What club(s), I don't know... but they've been good ones (which I guess narrows it down to a handful... :lol: )

bluemazda

Juniors
now u should sign the bloke two top teams shot down twice in a row !!!!!!!!!!!! if it was langmack theyd be flocked !!!!!!!!!!!

taoistlumberjak

Juniors
Hold on there

i'd pass judgement at the end of the season. If he goes undefeated the rest of the way, then Souths are frickin stupid not to sign him.

Just don't jump the gun, only been 2 games.

btw, Hull is 3rd under McRae. He seems like a real firey type, maybe just the boot in the ass Souths need.

here's a bio

"Director of Rugby ‘Bomber’ is the only ever present Head Coach since the summer format of Super League commenced in 1996. In three glorious years at St. Helens he guided the Club to the Inaugural Championship in 1996 along with consecutive Challenge Cup triumphs with the Saints in 1996 and 1997. Shaun then enjoyed an enjoyable year with new franchise Gateshead Thunder in 1999 before spending the past four years at the helm of Hull FC in which the Black and Whites have proved to be one of the most competitive sides in the competition. Before Shaun arrived in England, he worked for many years with the very successful Canberra Raiders outfit in the Winfield Cup and has also worked for the Australian, New Zealand, Great Britain and Scottish International sides."

Shaun McRae is close friends with Shane Richardson so i think he will be coach in 2005 for the bunnies

Look forward to a few signings Souths fans ive heard a few rumours
Frank Prichard
Paul Whatuira
Aaron Mercer
Hazem El Masri
Braith Anasta

roosterspremiers2002 said:
Shaun McRae is close friends with Shane Richardson so i think he will be coach in 2005 for the bunnies

Look forward to a few signings Souths fans ive heard a few rumours
Frank Prichard
Paul Whatuira
Aaron Mercer
Hazem El Masri
Braith Anasta

The bottom 3 are on the money. Actually I can tell you one of those signed for Souths the Tuesday before origin I.

Seano

Juniors
Forgive my ignorance :) but who does aaron mercer play for?

And Im sure i heard that Anasta hasnt been given a release (yet)

Dogs Of War

Coach
As far as I'm aware Anasta is signed for another year. El Masri has been offered a contract far below in value to what offers he has recieved from other clubs and the fact that we resigned Utai suggests their is not much money left. I think you can add Thurston to the list of players that souths is looking at as well. I don't think the dogs are that interested in the bloke anymore.

Latest posts