What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Train on Squad

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Possible Kangaroos side...

1. Darius Boyd (Broncos)
10. Shannon Boyd (Raiders)
3. Blake Ferguson (Roosters)
12. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
11. Matt Gillett (Broncos)
5. Valentine Holmes (Sharks)
16. David Klemmer (Bulldogs)
6. James Maloney (Sharks)
2. Josh Mansour (Panthers)
13. Trent Merrin (Panthers)
14. Michael Morgan (Cowboys)
4. Justin O'Neill (Cowboys)
15. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
8. Matt Scott (Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
7. Jonathan Thurston (Cowboys)
17. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Haha what? Surely you've heard people use the term passive aggressive? Not sure if your serious....

I didn't think I was being insulting, you just get on the offensive and USE big words to TRY and get your point across and USE a few lols to undermine the other person. But hey I genuinely find you a funny poster and enjoy the banter with you, even if you don't always get it ;)
Lol google the terms passive and aggressive.

You clearly miscomprehended something I said I can prove it to the point that it becomes undeniable. I dont want to go through the hassle to prove you wrong as I think we both knew that once you brought in the "small man syndrome" like seriously, where did that come from? One strays from the subject when theyre found out.

Big words? You say I USE big words and then you say I dont get it lol. If you cant understand big words then its you that cant get it. Im not the one with the miscomprehension and THATS proven.

Anyway peace out and I mean that. Ive said my bit. Say what you wanna, you will have the last say. Ill read it and wont reply so feel free.

Last edited:
1. Rapana
2. Nightingale
3. Kata
4. Kenny-Dowell
5. Fusitua

Yeah bro that's why I wanted Rapana at FB because we won't feed him any quality ball with our bulldozer of a Centre Kata or SKD for that matter. Maybe if Kata goes wing with Fus or Rapana at Centre who can draw and pass to their outside man then we be covered.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Mate I think you might need to get into Google and type in passive aggressive and find the meaning of it
To use both terms in the context of that sentence is an oxy moron. Its not an accurate description of how he was trying to describe me nor could you interpret my post as both. I was pointing out that Villa missed a certain part of my post, when youre informing youre not really passive as was the case in my posts.

Also you dont "get into Google" lol. You should "google or look up" the meanings. No mistakes from me, just correcting some people *ahem*. You can get angry and resort to insults if you want lol or ditch the subject altogether.

When Im wrong I just say so. Some people are never wrong or dont want to be seen on this forum as wrong. As if anyone can see who you are.

I think its clear that some posters are skim reading. This causes miscomprehension or completely missing a point that someones already made. When I read your post, I read it in its entirety.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah bro that's why I wanted Rapana at FB because we won't feed him any quality ball with our bulldozer of a Centre Kata or SKD for that matter. Maybe if Kata goes wing with Fus or Rapana at Centre who can draw and pass to their outside man then we be covered.
Well like beavers headgear seems to allude to...we may get Beale and Kahu as centres. Not my fancy but we'll see.

Kata on the wing looks good cos he hardly ever carries the ball in 2 hands, Im not sure about him under contested bombs though and thats my only concern with him on the flanks.

Well like beavers headgear seems to allude to...we may get Beale and Kahu as centres. Not my fancy but we'll see.

Kata on the wing looks good cos he hardly ever carries the ball in 2 hands, Im not sure about him under contested bombs though and thats my only concern with him on the flanks.

Beaver would be on the money with both Beale and Kahu. They can draw and pass beautifully. I understand your concern with Beales shit form recently and his defence was up there with the best before he had a patchy last couple seasons. We all have placed some good sides up maybe a few shuffles here and there being the difference. It will be an awesome tournament very strong squads and I believe some maybe overlooking some of the minnow teams. I can see an upset or 2 to wake up the top teams

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Beaver would be on the money with both Beale and Kahu. They can draw and pass beautifully. I understand your concern with Beales shit form recently and his defence was up there with the best before he had a patchy last couple seasons. We all have placed some good sides up maybe a few shuffles here and there being the difference. It will be an awesome tournament very strong squads and I believe some maybe overlooking some of the minnow teams. I can see an upset or 2 to wake up the top teams
Yeah I was discussing that with beaver before he went poking his nose into things that dont concern him.

Yeah they both got the skill sets that make them more rounded centres than SKD and Kata. They rely mostly on that because they dont really break the line. They rely on their halves to get those ideal "look ins" at the defence line and make do with how they are.

My concern for Beale is reminded to me when I watched this years ANZAC test where we got 16 nilled. He did nothing. I hope he doesnt get selected but come Saturday night, Ill support him 100%.

Simon Mannering out is a big loss. Im not a big fan of Mannering but I think what he brings to a team is world class.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
The secret to dealing with a passive-aggressive people:

"Ah, passive aggression. The best way to handle conflict.

Not.

There’s a reason why passive-aggressive behavior gets such a bad rap. Not only is it supremely frustrating for both parties involved, but it’s also incredibly unproductive to the passive-aggressive person — because his or her needs aren’t actually ever acknowledged or addressed.

And for the target of the passive aggression, experiencing this kind of behavior can “make you feel like a crazy person,” explains Scott Wetzler, Ph.D., vice chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Montefiore Medical Center and author of Living With the Passive-Aggressive Man. “You’re being told what’s happening isn’t happening, and there’s something very withholding about the interaction. You know something is going on, and he’s denying it.”

At its heart, the behavior “really is a sugar-coated hostility,” Wetzler tells HuffPost. “So instead of someone who’s actually going to assertively reject something you ask them for, these folks ... indirectly don’t do what’s expected of them.”

Passive-aggressive behavior, while expressed in many different ways, has the same roots: There is an underlying fear and avoidance of direct conflict, yet a feeling of powerlessness and helplessness. The result? An unspoken power struggle, that can appear in several different ways. Some potential manifestations:

• Sarcasm
  • The silent treatment
  • Withholding of intimacy
  • Withholding of praise
  • Being critical
  • Sabotage
  • Running late
  • Not doing something that’s asked of him/her"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ive-aggressive-behavior-signs-_n_5515877.html

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
“You’re being told what’s happening isn’t happening, and there’s something very withholding about the interaction. You know something is going on, and he’s denying it.”
Exactly. Already know what it means but thank you for bringing that up as it actually supports what IM saying. If someone recognises something as an oxymoron, its a clear indication that they know what those words mean.

Some people are just never wrong and thats the point here. When Im wrong, I say so and apologise. Am I wrong? No, my comprehension is just fine. I had a case like this earlier with Big Marn and it turned out it was a case of skim reading on his part. Same thing happened here.

I was trying to point out someones error in that they miscomprehend my post. Difficult thing to do to say "hey you didnt read my post properly" without annoying that person and thats what I did. For that I got INSULTS!

Last edited:
Be funny to all have a drink or just general meet up at a public place. It's a whole different kettle of fish once you come out from behind our screens and keyboard. We all have the same dreams of one day the Warriors winning the NRL and/or Kiwis staying number 1. When I first met you on here Zero I misinterpreted you by prejudging you in a way that was pretty unfair on my part so I pulled myself out of that mindset and actually find you not funny but informative and misunderstood. I have had a few members on here a little ruffled but once they get to know me it becomes quite clear we have quite a few things in common and be come real understanding of each other. In the end you both (Beavers Headgear) bring something to the table and I appreciate that. You guys are very similar to each other and that's not an insult or joke just an observation. I learn quite a lot on here from everyone. In the end though perhaps a private message to each other to clear the smoke or misunderstanding out would be a little more productive than trying to prove to one another who's right wrong misunderstood etc. Actually can I ask you for my curiosity what your names are? I'm starting to know most on here by name I respect if you want to keep your privacy and not wanting to answer this question too

Back to the Kiwis though we all want the same thing I'm sure and if I have to be pretty straight up its the first time I've felt very confident before the tournament starts and rate us pretty well on defending the crown despite Australia always being tough and us not doing well historical wise in England. Is anyone similar to this confidence of mine?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Be funny to all have a drink or just general meet up at a public place. It's a whole different kettle of fish once you come out from behind our screens and keyboard. We all have the same dreams of one day the Warriors winning the NRL and/or Kiwis staying number 1. When I first met you on here Zero I misinterpreted you by prejudging you in a way that was pretty unfair on my part so I pulled myself out of that mindset and actually find you not funny but informative and misunderstood. I have had a few members on here a little ruffled but once they get to know me it becomes quite clear we have quite a few things in common and be come real understanding of each other. In the end you both (Beavers Headgear) bring something to the table and I appreciate that. You guys are very similar to each other and that's not an insult or joke just an observation. I learn quite a lot on here from everyone. In the end though perhaps a private message to each other to clear the smoke or misunderstanding out would be a little more productive than trying to prove to one another who's right wrong misunderstood etc. Actually can I ask you for my curiosity what your names are? I'm starting to know most on here by name I respect if you want to keep your privacy and not wanting to answer this question too
Ive noticed that when youre wrong, you admit to it. Not that youre wrong very often. Im the same, I get it wrong all the time. We all do. I respect those who fess up though. Some just want to be seen by others here as always right. On one occasion, in an effort to settle an arguement, I told a poster that I'd post that I was wrong because that poster messaged me that they didnt want to look like they lost the arguement! Lol, Ill never mention the name but they know who they are. Ego shouldnt live here in a place of words IMO but it does.

I cant tell you who I am nor what I do but I do agree on having a beer with some of the passionate posters here. We all know league, Ive always credited everyone with that, Im probably the only to credit everyone with that. Not trying to be anyones "friend" but I do try to be respectful but it can be difficult when you get misunderstood and insulted.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Back to the Kiwis though we all want the same thing I'm sure and if I have to be pretty straight up its the first time I've felt very confident before the tournament starts and rate us pretty well on defending the crown despite Australia always being tough and us not doing well historical wise in England. Is anyone similar to this confidence of mine?
Im not a 100% confident because Im not sure about the team. This weeks game will give us a look at Kidwells selections but whether we win or lose will tell very little. If we thrash the Roos then thats another story. England is looking good as well. Mannering is out. Scotland is a mystery. Hard to be a hundred about this 4 nations.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I don't want to be passive aggressive but isn't the above oxymoronic?
Ahh DMC youre learning a new word, maybe one day I can learn something from you. Its possible to respect someone without you liking them you know (e.g. boss or superior at work). I respect Simon, I just dont like his hit ups at times.

Love it how you look holes in my post whilst completely missing the point. Im glad you (and others) look for my posts, it shows this forum would have nothing to look at without me *ahem* lol hyperbole.

You see my posts and think 'oh whats Zero posted about, this should be good...'oh that thread of Zeros was a good idea, I might do my own'. Its what I bring to the table. Stay tuned DMC, stay tuned, I might have another word to teach you my friend :)

Last edited:

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
So, I'm gunna stoke the fires on this a little bit... Zero! you said :
"Well its reading properly and COMPREHENDING that some of us CLEARLY struggle with *ahem*. As I've proven, you've...misred what I said earlier and thats ok. Some of us cant bare to be corrected, rather just put a "lol" there and "say youre reading too much into it" completely missing the point.

As I provided with that article which I dont think youve red, you will see what Im talking about."

Now I'm sorry but that's a classic passive agressive post. When I pointed that out, Zero, you said : "Passive - aggressive lol. They're opposites, learn their meanings because youve used it in an oxy moron type sentence lol."

Well, yes, that's exactly true it IS an oxymoron, but that doesn't make the term passive agressive any less true, which is what you were being.

You then went on to say that you admit when you're wrong... come on big fella, you made it abundantly clear you didn't know what passive agressive meant, and instead thought that they were just two different words that didn't go together.

This is a safe place mate, we're all in this together.

(FYI I'm just fooking with ya, I really do enjoy your posts. Entertainment value is very high!)