What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis 2006 Tri-Nations Assault!

LeagueNut

First Grade
Kiwis.jpg

2006 FORUM SEVENS TRI-NATIONS

Oct 29 - Nov 8: Australia vs Great Britain (Brian Bevan Cup)

Nov 12 - Nov 22: NEW ZEALAND vs AUSTRALIA (Tawera Nikau Cup)

Nov 26 - Dec 6: NEW ZEALAND vs GREAT BRITAIN (Henry & Robbie Paul Cup)

Our missions this year are to DEFEND the Henry & Robbie Paul Cup, and WIN the Tawera Nikau Cup. So if you're keen to be part of the team that WILL achieve these missions, please put your name down below!

When you register, it'd be cool if you could indicate which game(s) you would be available for.

GO THE MIGHTY KIWIS!! :D

Jesbass

First Grade
*is lured in by a certain bulk PM, with the famous words of John F. Kennedy ringing in his ears like tinnitus* :shock:

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

I'd like to put my hand up for availability, despite a thorough lack of match fitness after missing out on the finals series. I have a corked thigh, a strained calf muscle and a dislocated jaw. However, unlike my fellow countryman Scott Styris, I don't have a buttock strain, so I should be fit to play come game day! :lol:

LeagueNut

First Grade
LeagueNut (capt)
[furrycat] (should be capped)
Mixmasterreece (hello!)
Robster :)crazy: )
jesbass (What size jandals do you take?)
Dragon_psa (What does the _psa mean??)

Keep 'em coming team! :)

Lossy

Juniors
Also falling prey to the bulk PM is Polar Bob. Awoken mid-hibernation, his vengeance will comprise swift and blinding violence... or just some really bad third-person references.

Jesbass

First Grade
LeagueNut said:
LeagueNut (capt)
Mixmasterreece (hello!)

At the risk of looking like a fool, I'm going to assume that was a serious question. This is what I told Willow about four days ago:
Jesbass said:
Okay, I'm not actually too sure what size my feet are, but hopefully this might help you to figure it out. My shoes are size 9 (UK), 10 (US) and 43 (Europe). Oh, and 28 (CM), though I don't know where CM is referring to, lol!

Um, so yeah...I don't know what that equates to in Australian shoe sizes... :/

He said he thought the 8/9 size would do. *shrugs*

Looks like a great team, though, captain, especially with PB joining our ranks. Strong, tough forwards with fast, elusive backs. We'll be a force to be reckoned with! :D

LeagueNut

First Grade
jesbass said:
At the risk of looking like a fool, I'm going to assume that was a serious question.
:lol: It was a serious question, but I didn't expect you to answer it in here! Never mind, it's always good to share these things.

And welcome to Polar Bob! :)

BTW everyone, I'm going to whip up some banners for us. Hopefully they'll be ready to go over the next couple of days.

Jesbass

First Grade
LeagueNut said:
:lol: It was a serious question, but I didn't expect you to answer it in here! Never mind, it's always good to share these things.

:sarcasm:

LeagueNut said:
BTW everyone, I'm going to whip up some banners for us. Hopefully they'll be ready to go over the next couple of days.

Any chance they can be numbered, LN? And if so, I'd love to get my favoured number 7 jersey... :D (Assuming I get picked, of course.)

LeagueNut

First Grade
Here's a prototype:

f7_kiwi_leaguenut.gif

If anyone wants to have a go at another design, feel free! This team is all about democracy.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
LeagueNut said:
LeagueNut (capt)
Mixmasterreece (hello!)

Psa is an old online gaming "clan" nick me and a couple of mates formed a few years ago. It stands for "Pot Smokers Anon".

LeagueNut

First Grade
Squad update:

LeagueNut
[furrycat]
Mixmasterreece
Robster
jesbass
Dragon_psa
Polar Bob

and welcome to our latest representative ...

choc_soldier (who was parra_panther in a previous life ... I think?!?)