What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis 2011 - join the defending champs!

LeagueNut

First Grade
Cool bananas.

I've posted mine, I decided I didn't want to cause myself any unnecessary stress by making sure I posted nice and early so that I wouldn't be worried about a lack of time and/or having to ask myself to sub myself out. I appreciated that.

Oh Jesbaaaaaaaass..............??????????? ;-)

Jesbass

First Grade
Cool bananas.

I've posted mine, I decided I didn't want to cause myself any unnecessary stress by making sure I posted nice and early so that I wouldn't be worried about a lack of time and/or having to ask myself to sub myself out. I appreciated that.

Oh Jesbaaaaaaaass..............??????????? ;-)

You know the drill, LN. Get back to me at 10:59pm on Saturday evening and I'll let you know if I can't get an article in... :crazy:

LeagueNut

First Grade
Time to try and figure out a ladder for the 4N comp so far...

4N2011.jpg

Still to play: Kiwis vs Aussie and GB vs PNG.

So if I've got that right, and there's only a maximum of three points up for grabs per match, then we've booked a finals spot yes?

I might have to stand down if we make the final, I still get haunting dreams about what happened the last time... :(

Jesbass

First Grade
Time to try and figure out a ladder for the 4N comp so far...

4N2011.jpg

Still to play: Kiwis vs Aussie and GB vs PNG.

So if I've got that right, and there's only a maximum of three points up for grabs per match, then we've booked a finals spot yes?

I might have to stand down if we make the final, I still get haunting dreams about what happened the last time... :(

Assuming your table is correct, then it does indeed seem to me that we'll be in the final.

And as for previous finals...are you talking about 2010 or 2009? I thought 2010 would be water under the bridge, and also that it made up for 2009...? :(

LeagueNut

First Grade
Yeah you're right, 2010 definitely made up for things as far as the Kiwis are concerned - we are the defending champions after all!

I just don't have a great record in the big games so I'm being paranoid. :crazy:

Jesbass

First Grade
Yeah you're right, 2010 definitely made up for things as far as the Kiwis are concerned - we are the defending champions after all!

I just don't have a great record in the big games so I'm being paranoid. :crazy:

Bah humbug! We go with the best 3 available players, whoever they may be.

Jesbass

First Grade
The draft is done. I'm awaiting feedback, and then will post once it has been put back together. :thumn

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You guys are posting?

Gosh, we Aussies haven't even got our mascot organised. Looks like we'll washing the dishes on this one.

Hope you didn't put your best articles in.

:shock:

Jesbass

First Grade
Looks like I'll have to take the captain's advice and post, even though I'm not fully sold on the article. I'll ponder it a bit more, then consider the re-write, and have it in before full time regardless.

Jesbass

First Grade
Alrighty, I've had a re-read and have made a few tweaks. I think it's an improvement, so I'll get it posted today.

Jesbass

First Grade
You guys are posting?

Gosh, we Aussies haven't even got our mascot organised. Looks like we'll washing the dishes on this one.

Hope you didn't put your best articles in.

:shock:

:shock: indeed.

You know you guys have to win to guarantee a final spot, right?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:shock: indeed.

You know you guys have to win to guarantee a final spot, right?
In that case, may the best team win.

I've got writer's block. When that happens, I switch to plan B: Drink a bottle of Irish Whiskey, and start typing random words one hour before full time. It has worked in the past.

Jesbass

First Grade
In that case, may the best team win.

I've got writer's block. When that happens, I switch to plan B: Drink a bottle of Irish Whiskey, and start typing random words one hour before full time. It has worked in the past.

I daresay this is the only competition in which that would work.

Well...unless you're George Best...

LeagueNut

First Grade
Good stuff Jesbass.

Now, since you're the boss of this whole bloody thing, can you call fulltime now? :)