What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis vs Fiji - Quarter Finals

JJ

Immortal
Great to hear, like the Warriors, that results mean nothing and they're both doing special things

They need to up their meds

Matua

Bench
Well, this RLWC went as expected, except it didn't. I don't think anyone really thought it would go this bad. Even with the defections I still expected us to thump Tonga and beat England and make the final.

This is nuts. It's nearly impossible to process. Kidwell needs to fall on his sword, stand up and fall on it again and then repeat for eternity. SJ needs to shut the fudge up and start playing some decent footy, Blair needs to stop chewing gum.

Jesse Bromwich and Benji are probably sitting their thinking "thank god that loon put us in the do not select box" because they'd be so embarrassed. Bromwich probably has a similar vocabulary as Blair but he'd say the right things (like we were poos) as would Benji.

Kidwell has overseen the worst culture and worst performances from the Kiwis since we had the coach he rolled - Kemble.

I'm just rambling now because this situation is so FUBAR.

spear tackle

Juniors
After seeing the Kiwis play Samoa at the start of the tournament I was actually quite excited, however that was very misguided of me.
I hear on the radio a lot of people are blaming the Warriors players for attitude etc, I find that a bit hard to believe . Tonga for example have a fair few Warriors or recent Warrior players in their squad and I'm not seeing a slack attitude from them.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Well, this RLWC went as expected, except it didn't. I don't think anyone really thought it would go this bad.
Actually, I did. I predicted that we weren't going to win the RLWC and that we would also struggle with the pacific island nations. Easy prediction when you got the sure thing Kangaroos around. Underneath this paragraph is my post dated 30th of AUGUST 2017.
Oh absolutely, rugby league in New Zealand seems to me like its declining throughout, from the grass roots through to the Kiwis. Living in New Zealand, this is what Im seeing...Can we do it? I don't fancy our chances against England, Tonga or Samoa let alone Australia so yeah, like you say, absolutely no upside :(
September 12th 2017 underneath...
Making the semis is a tall order for the Kiwis this year.
I'm not the only one that saw our kiwis side would struggling this year in the world cup. I was watching in the hope that I would be proven wrong but my knowledge of the game, to be fair, is often on point ;)

September 26th 2017
We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup.

Sorry. You were saying...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Tonga for example have a fair few Warriors or recent Warrior players in their squad and I'm not seeing a slack attitude from them.
They're so passionate about the jersey. The Tongan players make stuff all cash compared to what they'd get if they chose to play for NZ and Aus. Immediately you know those Tongan boys aren't there for the money. And you're right - I've seen better efforts from most of the Warriors in both the Tongan and Samoan teams. Please bring that same effort/attitude back to the Warrior.

Rich102

Staff member
Not sure I entirely agree about all this "pride in the jersey" stuff. What about pride in themselves?
Not too sure there's too much of that at the Warriors.

spear tackle

Juniors
Not sure I entirely agree about all this "pride in the jersey" stuff. What about pride in themselves?
Not too sure there's too much of that at the Warriors.

Like any job, you either show up and put in or go find something a little less hard to do.