What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klemmer

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just see fui's raw power in his first few games and it has astonished me. I think fui has definitely started stronger than Crichton did! But let's be honest as long as they're both our future second rowers no one can really complain. Cam Murray is also being praised in the lower grades!
Murray imo won't be as damaging as Fui or Crichton.

truthslayer

Juniors
they are both miles away from being a real 1st grade player crichton and fui didnt need much game time did they??you either have it or you aint ......Shadow...
Your ability to spot talent is much the same then you either have it or you aint. I have faith in those younger players and their development some take a little longer, crichton has been developing for a few years with Souths , yes he is a class player and that's why he was signed ..its called vision!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Murray imo won't be as damaging as Fui or Crichton.

Murray actually reminds me of a jack de Belin mould. The kid runs hard and tackles hard. With lock being his best position I can see him going well there. For me it doesn't matter whether Sam Burgess is lock or prop because he's just as damaging on the field. The positions are the same these days plus Sam doesn't even stay at lock if you watch our games he drifts into the second row sometimes. His just too good of a forward tbh you place him anywhere at the front and he'll do his job better than most!

Scoopdog

Juniors
I think Crichton will turn out to be the best out of the 2 but Fuimaono will be very good but not great like Crichton will be.
Time will tell!when fui finds his place in the teams set moves on the fringes like chricton already has,we will see!i know who my money is on!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
crichton is 100x more class than fuimaono but ile be right behind fui but crichton is the man and will be pulling on an australian jumper before too long but i believe fui wont reach that echelon in footy cant see it.....FACT.....Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
crichton is 100x more class than fuimaono but ile be right behind fui but crichton is the man and will be pulling on an australian jumper before too long but i believe fui wont reach that echelon in footy cant see it.....FACT.....Shadow...

Big call shadow! Fui has some pretty extraordinary stats for a rookie and he's a big tackle breaker. I think we should be thankful they're both in our squad!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Big call shadow! Fui has some pretty extraordinary stats for a rookie and he's a big tackle breaker. I think we should be thankful they're both in our squad!
Pfft his had 5 games now. If he's not an origin calibre player by then than he is a dud and needs to be sacked

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Pfft his had 5 games now. If he's not an origin calibre player by then than he is a dud and needs to be sacked

Haha I f**king hope not. These kids we need to lock down long term while they're not expensive. Fui was one of our best signings last year so far!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha I f**king hope not. These kids we need to lock down long term while they're not expensive. Fui was one of our best signings last year so far!
As they say you win some and you lose some in regards to young players.

I think we are losing with guys like Jennings and Greinke so far. We lost with Talakai at centre too. I repeat he could do a job on the bench though in the back row if injuries happen.

greg jay

Juniors
souths need 2 top forwards and 3 top backs ..other wise stay mediocre...Shadow...
And where does the Salary Cap space for all these desperately required "top" imports stem from??? Culling 12 or so [mostly lower Cap Number] "duds"??? Hardly. And if such an exchange can actually be engineered then where does DEPTH figure into things??? How can any club cull 12 or more "duds" then import 5 "top" players and have adequate depth?? From young Crisps' juniors or those from other clubs??? These are variables you have never explained. Nor do you address Maguire's player [mis]management. Remember Maguire already HAD several "top" YOUNG backs in Dylan Walker and young Kirisome Auva as well as L. Keary BUT he GOT RID OF THEM ALL. Johnson too is being shown little love and he could well leave. That's a TOP Backline Maguire ALREADY had ... and then Maguire... "Madge" ...LOST them all!!!

greg jay

Juniors
We should be out looking for a 1st grade standard hooker. Since 2013 we've used 6 hookers, Luke, Peats, Korisau, Mcinnes, Farah and Cook. Sonehow we've managed to let the best 4 go and end up with the bottom 2. Farah is currently out playing cook. We've f**ked up the situation badly.
So what then is your conclusion about Maguire's player [mis] management and Maguire as a Head Coach??? The team has also lost virtually a STARTING GR WINNING backline with three young studs gone and Johnson on the precipice. Any team around the world in any type of football will only go one way with this type of mis-management and The Coach... usually follows. Not with Crowe steering things though.

DiegoNT

First Grade
So what then is your conclusion about Maguire's player [mis] management and Maguire as a Head Coach??? The team has also lost virtually a STARTING GR WINNING backline with three young studs gone and Johnson on the precipice. Any team around the world in any type of football will only go one way with this type of mis-management and The Coach... usually follows. Not with Crowe steering things though.

But is it Maguires fault. If all rumours and reports are true then he desperately wanted to keep Walker, Keary and Mcinnes. Auva'a is a different kettle of fish. He would have already used up all his chances with the domestic violence conviction. He was extremely lucky to still be at the club after that. So to show up to training wasted is pretty stupid.
Micheal Maguire has to take some of the blame for our situation, that's not out of question. But one of the biggest problems seems to be almost different factions within the club, and everyone seens to be on the same page. An example of this is Crowes meddling in the team. With Crowes meddling we have Lost 2 good young spine players who have now gone on to good things at new clubs, while also anchoring us with 2 massively under performing twins and a Sam first approach that while Sam has generally been one of our better players, has left us with a paper thin squad. Bringing a new coach into that environment will see us fail again. We need to fix that environment first otherwise we'd just be in a situation the tigers found themselves in over the last 5 or so years

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
But is it Maguires fault. If all rumours and reports are true then he desperately wanted to keep Walker, Keary and Mcinnes. Auva'a is a different kettle of fish. He would have already used up all his chances with the domestic violence conviction. He was extremely lucky to still be at the club after that. So to show up to training wasted is pretty stupid.
Micheal Maguire has to take some of the blame for our situation, that's not out of question. But one of the biggest problems seems to be almost different factions within the club, and everyone seens to be on the same page. An example of this is Crowes meddling in the team. With Crowes meddling we have Lost 2 good young spine players who have now gone on to good things at new clubs, while also anchoring us with 2 massively under performing twins and a Sam first approach that while Sam has generally been one of our better players, has left us with a paper thin squad. Bringing a new coach into that environment will see us fail again. We need to fix that environment first otherwise we'd just be in a situation the tigers found themselves in over the last 5 or so years

The factions within the club are extremely odd though. From what you can see all the boys really like each other. I think Crichton and Sam Burgess have a little bit of a bromance as well!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I think Crichton will turn out to be the best out of the 2 but Fuimaono will be very good but not great like Crichton will be.

oi SSTID are you still predicting fui to be better than angus??someone else said that too???who was that r20 i cant remember???i am impressed with fui but crichton is like phar lap and tyrrell,clark and turner are all donkeys but i know the dont knowers are clueless they probably think turner and clark are better than crichton NFI....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi SSTID do you think fui could ever score 3 tries in a game?? i think 1/2 tries would be his best effort in a game....Shadow...but fui is impressive though....

Latest posts