What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klemmer?

mickeylane

Bench
Id throw $900K a year at Klemmer for 4 years he's that good and at an age where he will be at top of his game come 28yo-29yo..
Vaughan and Klemmer for next 4 years starting w Graham off the bench over next 1-2 years with some young ones ready to roll in....
LAM is gone imo .....the word is very strong around the club he may just move on...dont dismiss Newcastle here either as one of his suitors...the longer it drags on the less chance we have w LAM

mickeylane

Bench
Alternately, our coaching staff and HPU could be pushing our players too much mid-week, resulting in higher levels of fatigue during games. Not likely, but it’s another possibility.

As I’ve said previously, the ‘burnout’ effect comes from persistence in playing injured players, inability to adapt to opposition countering our ‘power game’ and poor ability to adapt younger players to first grade.
11 straight games same 13 doesn't demonstrate to me burn out - it actually demonstrates supreme fitness - its obvious that any sportsmen suffers fatigue at some stage and that goes for all teams - at this point of the season we are by far and i mean faaaaarrrrr. the fittest team in the NRL...least penalties conceded and most points scored w 2nd most metres gained...please stop the negative assumptions w no basis for arguments..

Frank Facer

First Grade
During the off-season, our forwards were tuned to perform at a up-tempo and premium level from game 1 of the season. It is not the number of minutes, it is the intensity, speed and strength our forwards use in getting on top of the opposition pack.

In my opinion they would not be able to continuously do this week in week out for the full season. In time they will 'burn out' and come back to the field or even below the field because of fatigue. No of the stats measure fatigue, intensity or strength used. So the question should be asked, why do our players stop performing and stop being so dominant after do this for 8 or so rounds of the competition? I believe a good forward rotation plan would eliminate this problem however, so we have the roster to maintain dominance while some key players are resting?
I don't buy the fatigue theory. If our forwards have been playing with more intensity, speed and strength, then they should now be fitter than the other clubs.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Id throw $900K a year at Klemmer for 4 years he's that good and at an age where he will be at top of his game come 28yo-29yo..
Vaughan and Klemmer for next 4 years starting w Graham off the bench over next 1-2 years with some young ones ready to roll in....
LAM is gone imo .....the word is very strong around the club he may just move on...dont dismiss Newcastle here either as one of his suitors...the longer it drags on the less chance we have w LAM
If we were going to throw 900K a year at a prop, then I would rather it be Pangai. He has a more complete game than Klemmer, he has better offload, he is a better ball player and I think he plays with more intensity. He moves better than Klemmer and looks to have a big motor. I think Pangai will be more suited to the reduced interchange than Klemmer. Klemmer is just a bash and barge tough meter eater.

I would take Taupau over Klemmer too. I would even target Haas before Klemmer.

In saying all of that, I would happily take Klemmer. I just think 900K a year is overs. I would rather we tried to get Fifita for 900K a year.

BennyV

Referee
11 straight games same 13 doesn't demonstrate to me burn out - it actually demonstrates supreme fitness - its obvious that any sportsmen suffers fatigue at some stage and that goes for all teams - at this point of the season we are by far and i mean faaaaarrrrr. the fittest team in the NRL...least penalties conceded and most points scored w 2nd most metres gained...please stop the negative assumptions w no basis for arguments..
It wasn’t an assumption, it quite clearly said ‘unlikely, but it’s a possibility’. Do you even read?

I’ve got no doubt we are super fit, that doesn’t mean we are immune to burnout. If our training load was higher than other teams, supreme fitness would be diminished. If we are playing players injured, supreme fitness is ineffective. You’re creating straw men for an argument against nothing! The only fact is that we have a habit of fading throughout the season from 2015-2017 and we need to be wary of it.

possm

Coach
I don't buy the fatigue theory. If our forwards have been playing with more intensity, speed and strength, then they should now be fitter than the other clubs.

If I ran flat out at the beginning of a marathon, I'm pretty sure I'd soon be fatigued before the finish line.

Crush

Coach
If I ran flat out at the beginning of a marathon, I'm pretty sure I'd soon be fatigued before the finish line.
So you think that we should slow down a bit in the early rounds? Not hit so hard? Not pick our best starting pack every week?
How would you manage it?

I think its a 100 per cent mental. Its clearly hard to win week in week out without suffering mental fatigue. But the good teams find a way to bounce back and be playing their best footy in September.
Sharks 2016. They won an incredible amount of games in a row then dropped 4 in a row late in the season.
I think we can win this comp. As I've said before, having multiple players selected for origin will help with mental toughness later in the year.

blacksafake

First Grade
If the reports are true re junior paulo signing with Parra for 4 years @750k. 800 or so for klemmer is probably ok

blacksafake

First Grade
So you think that we should slow down a bit in the early rounds? Not hit so hard? Not pick our best starting pack every week?
How would you manage it?

I think its a 100 per cent mental. Its clearly hard to win week in week out without suffering mental fatigue. But the good teams find a way to bounce back and be playing their best footy in September.
Sharks 2016. They won an incredible amount of games in a row then dropped 4 in a row late in the season.
I think we can win this comp. As I've said before, having multiple players selected for origin will help with mental toughness later in the year.
The onus is on the coach to have the players mentally ready for the run through the finals. The question is do we have the right coach. For me the jury is still out.

possm

Coach
The onus is on the coach to have the players mentally ready for the run through the finals. The question is do we have the right coach. For me the jury is still out.
Rotation of the forwards is the key, Fatigue can be avoided with a good rotation plan; that is selections each week and bench management. And yes the coaching staff need to have the boys up for the game each week.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Klemmer looks a though he would prefer to be doing anything but playing football.

The Dogs are in a mess and he may not be "feeling the love" and he may on to something ala Graham and they won't be winning much.

If he doesn't stay, whoever picks him up big smile on their face. It's working for Graham so, Dragons may be an option.

Frank Facer

First Grade

JDHD

Juniors
There is an article on Foxsports with Klemmer saying that if asked he would leave Canterbury to free up some cap space for them. We should see if Canterbury are interested in letting him go and sign him. Here is a link to the article.

www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/david-klemmer-says-he-would-be-willing-to-leave-the-bulldogs-to-help-with-salary-cap-crisis/news-story/60634397372b4875b49076e399718f42

If only we had some kind of in with him...maybe in the form of his former captain and front row partner.

Alec's-saints

Juniors

possm

Coach
He'll end up at the Roosters.
Time to appoint a management team that is capable of working with TPA sponsors in the same way as the Storm, Broncos, Panthers, Roosters ……….. We should also limit our number of 'players with potential' in our roster and instead strengthen our debth with proven first grade players.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Time to appoint a management team that is capable of working with TPA sponsors in the same way as the Storm, Broncos, Panthers, Roosters ……….. We should also limit our number of 'players with potential' in our roster and instead strengthen our debth with proven first grade players.
Correct me if im wrong TPA's have nothing to do with the club, its the players manager's roll to acquire them for he's client, but again the NRL turns a blind eye because they don't want to upset Politis, Gould and the other's....