Klemmer?

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Frank Facer, May 17, 2018.

1. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

When we get a new coach.

Straight Shooter

2. Crush

Crush Bench

Do you like techno music OV?

3. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

Don't listen to much music at all, only when the family is in the car. I otherwise tend to listen to talk back radio - my favourite being Alan Jones.

I was 12 years old when I first called talk back radio. Discussed politics with John Laws.

Straight Shooter

4. SBD82

SBD82 First Grade

I think it's fantastic that you've taken the first step. Admitting that you have a problem is always the hardest part.

5. Crush

Crush Bench

Techno music, alan jones, both as repetitive as each other.

6. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

O.V. would you believe that many , many years ago i was with a friend who's brother worked at the studio , cannot recall which , and i actually sat in the great mans chair !

Back to the subject at hand - Klemner has already said that he will not be going anywhere , he is more than happy in the dog-pit .

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  7. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

Golden tonsils.

Straight Shooter

WoyD4LWoy, Life's Good and Gareth67 like this.
  8. Objective View

Objective View Juniors

What problem?

Straight Shooter

9. O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan Juniors

No chance!

10. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

With the golden microphone !

11. SBD82

SBD82 First Grade

Oh dear.

saintzrule and Crush like this.
  12. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

Back on topic. Klemmer would be a great signing but I just can’t see it happening when you have clubs like the Roosters keen to bolster their forward stocks.

13. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

Mary's had plenty of opportunities to get things right - he's just impaired by his own shortcomings, which no longer need to be restated as I sense most are now painfully aware of them, despite many on here giving him the honourable benefit of the doubt. I just can't imagine any other coach butchering Nighty like that, but in a way it's Nighty probably who needed to fall on his sword?
    As for Frank's comments about our centres - well I agree that Lomax & Herbert would give us a better shot in attack & defence. Hunt & Widdop make our current inconsistent pair look better than they are IMO. Trouble is it's almost too late now for 2018. Lomax & Herbert should've been rotated during the season (what other team has essentially no reserve backs ready to go?). Aitken should've been the guy doing some forward rotation, giving a younger centre some experience. Lafai should've been 'rested' occasionally.
    Field (who's bigger & faster than Dufty or Damien Cook and was in even Mary's selection mix 2 weeks ago) could've been given 20minutes here & there.
    We should have the fastest & most potent backline in the NRL - FMD it was Dufty, Field, Lomax , Herbert & Garrick who carved up the reggies & Qld 2 yrs ago was it? Nothing came of that potential because no one was given a chance. Dufty was a forced change because of Dugan's stupidity. Millward originally had Field pencilled in there long term if I remember back that far? Yet journeymen & plodders predominate because they seem to fit Mary's psychological template more safely?
    I'd pay good money to watch Dufty & Field on the end of Hunt & Widdop grubbers, as well as Nene & Mann on the end of Lomax's silky hands.
    There's a lot of knowledge & goodwill on this Forum & if Mary'd listened to half of it our flag would come much sooner than I suspect.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  14. Crush

Crush Bench

I hope I am wrong but I don't think Jai Field will ever make it at NRL level. He is too small and not tough enough.
    He's a myth. Unfortunately.

dragonssamy61 and hewi like this.
  15. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Some of what you say makes great sense, but I look at our Reggie’s team with those players in it and they do not even get over the top of other Reggie players.

Field, Herbert and Garrick often come off second best against their own grade let alone stepping up. They get points put on them every week by Reggie players.

WoyD4LWoy and SGMax like this.
  16. West coast dragon

West coast dragon Juniors

Lol

17. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

18. Belta

Belta Juniors

As far as a starting position goes, I think it came down to either Field or Dufty not both. It would be hard to fit both in. Field on the wing may be a risk of being rag dolled over the side line and be steam rolled in defence. Alot of sets coming from our goal line require tough yards, which again may see him picked up and carried backwards. The halves are taken.

I would love it if he could be in some way incorporated into our structure, but can’t see where he’d fit at present. I’m wondering if a reduction in interchange players opens the door a little for a smaller player like Field to come off the bench and play ad lib against tiring forwards. (Look what that young Penrith half done)

Not that I’ve watched a lot of ISP but in those few I Don’t agree that he is ineffective in ISP, he’s looked the most dangerous attacking player on the field by a fair margin.

WoyD4LWoy and ouryears like this.
  19. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Tired of their coach, not genuinely tired.
    Other clubs forward packs do as much work as ours,
    Anyone saying we will fall away because our pack is tired is just making excuses for Mary and his hopeless coaching skills and strategies.

Winning 2 from the last 5 and those two wins were fortunate shows we are in decline while rabbits, storm, broncos, rorters and panthers are on their way up.

The next 3 weeks will tell, hold on so you don’t fall off on the way down.

WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  20. Tripper

Tripper Juniors

Field will be out for 3-4 weeks.
    Fractured eye socket.

dragonssamy61 likes this.