What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 42 - Dragons 8

Doctor

Bench
This is my second attempt at this topic - first time it froze up, so I'll keep it breif.

Very impressed with the Knights - some worrying signs early, especially an alleged Rudder knock-on which proved fallacious on replay - but they hung in there and finished strong.

28 point romp in the second half, and importantly keeping the Dragons scoreless in the second half was a highlight.

Kennedy, Abraham, Buderus, Perry were all wonderful - all forwards did a good job.

Tahu and Doogs both very good (very good signs for Newcastle next year with Doogs playing on match-payments - Go-Lo deal for us if it works out).

But Kurt Gidley was sensational. I don't use the word very often, but he proved a real talent today, comfirming his status as next best playmaker behind Johns.

If I've missed any players I'm sorry, but overall the Knights were very good - very very very happy Newcastle Knights fan right here. :D

Terminator

First Grade
ALRIGHT! GO THE KNIGHTS! I'm happy too! So much for our bogie team, the Dragqueens are sunk and we sunk them!
Goodbye Dragqueens, see you in 04!
Tremble Roosters and Warriors and the rest, the Knights are coming and your next!

Terminator

First Grade
Yes, and who wants to come on here and say we can't win without Joey!
42 to 8 Melonhead, in your face!

Anonymous

Juniors
terminator007 said:
Yes, and who wants to come on here and say we can't win without Joey!
42 to 8 Melonhead, in your face!
Great Win Knights - Good to see US knock the Dragons out like they did to us last year.. and we didnt even ned to use our knees!
:)

antonius

Coach
Great win wasn't it? The first half had me concerned with the penalty count roaring along in the dragons favour, but the boys got thru that and really put the cleaner thru them. Your correct Termy it's almost a done deal we play the Goosters first week of the semis, and on that form they will be worried. Kidley had a fantastic game I agree chook, good grubbers well weighted, good passing game, and a nice try to boot. The one man team tag is getting smaller every game. Gotta say I'm feeling very very happy right now. Great go forward from our big men too.

misty

Juniors
:lol:

The meloness one posts on here as well, SO WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW MELON still think we don't have a chance without JJ???
Eat your fould words and hang your head in shame :p

astrogirl

First Grade
I was at the game today, and was quite impressed :D I was thinking that the Knights-without-Joey of old may have run out of steam in the second half - I'm happy to be wrong!!!

Good to see McDougall put in some damaging runs on the left wing, and also good to see that Little Gids stayed composed.

Anonymous

Juniors
Doogs was the standout for mine, thats the doogs we saw in origin and australia, he is now the best winger in the comp again, hes f**kin unstoppable. And i though bedsey was awesome today as well, the dragons didnt have a clue what bedsey was going to do.

kingkerry

Juniors
Yeah it was a good effort and precisly what the knights were capable of, the side they fielded today is a dam good side. Finally we get to see a near full strength side from the knights for the 1st time this year.
Very impressed with the Knights - some worrying signs early, especially an alleged Rudder knock-on which proved fallacious on replay - but they hung in there and finished strong.
Yeah the thought crossed my mind about what happened last week in the raiders game when the video ref steped in to correct the call. Why didnt the vid ref step in this week for the blatant wrong call he had plenty of time ? I was reading an article somewere last year i think that stated the obvious that the knights are number 1 when it comes to the refs making incorrect calls against them.I know we won easily but if that was in a semi or the GF ? I think the knights should file complaint about the inconsitant calls against them :idea:

~bedsy~

First Grade
I only got to see the end of the game as I was driving home from Port... but it was a great effort in the second half.... I was wishing Tahu would break the record, but hopefully next week :D
Buderus, Kennedy, Perry and Gids all had great games... I think the whole team did wich is great for the team it will give them more comfidence that they can win these big games.

Anonymous

Juniors
plj said:
i am so proud of the boys, i was havign a bit of a bad weekend and seeing them win made things a bit better :D

Knights2003... Couldnt agree with you more.. gee they did a job on the Saints in the 2nd half and wasnt it great to see.. after what Bailey did to Joey last year!..

bye bye dRAGONS - mAYBE 2004.. bUT THE WAY THE dRAGONS SURRENDERED TODAY.. i DONT THINK SO!

aqua_duck

Coach
I think the run that summed up Doogs' re-emergence was the run he made in the 2nd half where he went straight up the middle through about 4 draons and got a ball away to RObbie O who should've scored, that was the Doogs we've come to love.

Anonymous

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
I think the run that summed up Doogs' re-emergence was the run he made in the 2nd half where he went straight up the middle through about 4 draons and got a ball away to RObbie O who should've scored, that was the Doogs we've come to love.

You are rght AQUA DUCK..... We nneed to keep Doogs and why cant we if we only pay match payments which dont cound until the 2005 Salary Cap..

HOW could they be so determined to chase Russell Richardson (who doesnt even want to play) and then they dont look after loyal blokes likes Robbie O and Doogs WHO Want to play with the Knighst.. How stupid are these clowns running our Great Club?

northey

First Grade
the boys did great who said we can not win with out joey????
did anyone see mark (with is neck brace on), cath and joey ( with his neck brace on)...they looed so funny...look out who ever we have to play in the semis!