What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 42 - Dragons 8

chinorocks

Juniors
Knights we're bloody fantastic today. Everyone played well but here's my best.

1. Adam McDougall - back to his absolute best, unstoppable when he ran it.

2. Kurt Gidley - seems to get better every week at the moment, kicked well, always the first player down in kick chase, threw some good passes, defended well, good solo try...great game.

3. Ben Kennedy - Inspirational effort in the first 60 minutes, spirited runs good offloads, hard hitting defence.

4. Timana Tahu - 3 tries and a big hit on Cooper. Bad defensive mistake did lead to their try though.

5. Danny Buderus - anyone who says Craig Wing is the games best hooker obviously doesnt watch many Newcastle games, brilliant as always, great pass to put Mad Dog away in the first couple of minutes and a great solo try.

bronnie34

Juniors
The boys played well today, the defence was fantastic just what we needed coming in to the finals, not letting in lots of points like they have done in the past.
The boys were able to put lots of points on the board today as well granted that the dragons were hopeless but very promising indeed.

IanG

Coach
Yay what a great win today.
So much for not being able to win without Joey.
Our Differencial is now -11 so hopefull next week we can put it in the black.

Dragons are gooooooooooooonnnnnnnneeeeeee

rourkster

Juniors
Great win by the guys. 2 from 3 without Joey eh? And they weren't disgraced in the Canberra game. Thankfully they've got it through their heads that without Joey they shouldn't be throwing the ball around willy nilly. They've been playing a very simple style of no mistakes in your own half and get whatever kick away you can. Usually it means the opposition working it out from inside their 20 and making it easier for our defence. Kidley's kick-chase has been superb in that regard. Today they waited till they were on top before they started throwing the ball around and it paid dividends. If they can keep that level of enthusiasm and intensity for the next couple of weeks then they'll go okay.

knightsgal85

Juniors
I'm extremely pleased with the effort our boys put in this afternoon. Our attack was typical Newcastle, even without the maestro of Andrew "Joey" Johns stimulating & creating opportunities. Every single player contributed to our success. Each stood up to be counted. A 28-point demolition in the second half was much to the delight of all Knights fans. The highlight was that we managed not to concede any points in the second half, & have significantly enhanced our for & against record in just one game.

All the forwards did a magnificent job. Another man of the match performance by Kurt Gidley, who has been a fine talent for us, & has done us all proud in filling in Joey's shoes. He will only get better in years to come, & is a huge asset to the Knights success, so I must congratulate Kidley once again on his performance, especially in recent weeks. Timana Tahu, Adam MacDougall & Robbie O'Davis also played exceptionally well. Watch out Robbie, you won't be holding onto that club record for very long ... lol ;-) Timana Tahu actually equalled the try-scoring club record today with 74 tries. However, Robbie O'Davis managed to score in the dying minutes of the game to claim an outright lead again. So the record still remains with Robbie (75 tries) for the time being.

The Dragons played terribly & there was hardly any commitment. I thought they would of come out on fire, due to the importance of this game for them especially. I was most pleased to see the Knights players play with that kind of enthusiasm, I hope they continue to impress next week, so we can secure 7th position. I honestly do not care where we stand, 7th or 8th. No matter what the scenario will be, it will be sudden death for us, & if we continue to play like we did this afternoon, we may very well manage to cause an upset in the first week of the finals. In a way I hope we rest a few of our troops, just to make sure they will be injury-free for the first week of finals. It would also be a good opportunity to see a few of our young talent get more taste of first grade.

I'm not sure what Hages has got in mind, but if he does name our stars in next week's team, I'm sure they will not play the full 80 minutes.

To not concede a single point in the second half of football action was absolutely wonderful. It was great to witness the Knights muscle up in defence. Congratulations on the fantastic win boys :D

Doctor

Bench
It is disappointing the Knights are likely to come up against the Roosters in the first week - a shame given the form they showed yesterday.

I'd be very disappointed if the Knights didn't win next week, which would confirm their spot as 7th placeholders. It is almost a case of trying to drop down to 8th so you can play the Panthers.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Original_Chook said:
It is disappointing the Knights are likely to come up against the Roosters in the first week - a shame given the form they showed yesterday.

I'd be very disappointed if the Knights didn't win next week, which would confirm their spot as 7th placeholders. It is almost a case of trying to drop down to 8th so you can play the Panthers.

If we won against the Cowboys next week, & the Raiders manage to come home with a win against the Roosters, the Raiders will be elevated to 2nd position, assuming the Panthers win. This would mean we would face the Raiders in the first week of the finals, which isn't too bad from my perspective (provided the conditions are not as bad as last week). I'm also hesitant in facing the Roosters in the first week of the finals, but if the boys put in the effort & play like they did yesterday, we may very well manage to defeat the Roosters. Whoever we are against, we will give them a run for their money.