What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kobe announces Retirement

nick87

Coach
Yeah the % wasnt bad (though his % was improved greatly by his late hot streak) but he took over 50% of his team shots. Like i get that it's his last game and no one really gives a shit. But as a NBA fan who doesnt really have a team and just watches it because i enjoy the game, the athleticism... i just have not enjoyed watching Kobe at all. I think it's been a really sad end to an otherwise outstanding career

I mean they are calling this a fairytale finish. His team went 17-65! A record only "bested" by a team actively trying to lose!

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
Yeah the % wasnt bad (though his % was improved greatly by his late hot streak) but he took over 50% of his team shots.

Like you said, it was his last game and the Lakers didn't really gain anything win or lose. Chuck in the fact that everyone in the building and watching the game on TV over watching the Warriors chase history were all there for Kobe it was always going to be a case of if Kobe is in a position to get the ball, he is going to get the ball. He did just that, and in the process put on one hell of a show in his final game. The Lakers may have had a terrible year, but as far as one last memory of Kobe Bryant playing basketball is concerned that game was a classic note to end on.

ByRd

First Grade
Like you said, it was his last game and the Lakers didn't really gain anything win or lose. Chuck in the fact that everyone in the building and watching the game on TV over watching the Warriors chase history were all there for Kobe it was always going to be a case of if Kobe is in a position to get the ball, he is going to get the ball. He did just that, and in the process put on one hell of a show in his final game. The Lakers may have had a terrible year, but as far as one last memory of Kobe Bryant playing basketball is concerned that game was a classic note to end on.

This.

Win or lose the game didn't mean anything, it was all about Kobe and the other players even said they wanted him to just go out there and shoot. I was jumping up like a little kid in those last few minutes, it was vintage Mamba and one hell of a way to go out.

Rod

Bench
I think if you separate today's game from everything else Kobe and the Lakers have done this season, today was pretty fantastic and 60 points on 50 FGA is so ridiculous and so Kobe that people will be talking about this game for a long time, it's crazy how much it seemed to overshadow the Warriors getting to 73 even. I guess part of that is because it was a shoe-in that the Warriors would knock off the Grizzlies I guess.

Today aside, I think this year has been a joke as far as the Lakers and Kobe are concerned and was basically cringeworthy most games. Just a waste of two seasons when they could have been legitimately rebuilding.

Latest posts