What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin out?

Johns Magic

Referee
I am not PC-literate enough to send the screenshot, but Barry Toohey today is saying Korbin wants out to the Broncos and it could happen in the next few days.

He is on $400K this year with us. Has never performed as more than a 250K player. Wants to take a pay cut to go to a strong team.

Brown apparently happy for him to go as long as it doesn't cost us.

Article also says we are considering Grevshmuhl.

Spot On

Coach
Well the Broncos have missed out on Ryan James so makes some sense.

400K is good money for Korbin.

He's a similar player to Jarrod Wallace so they replace him as there's not a lot else around - like for like.

Rumours about Korbin moving on have been around for quite a while. Sure is taking some time for it to happen.

Spot On

Coach
Geez, there sure are some very different views of this club and its players on the Marathon Stadium site.

Polar opposites some of them.

steven p white

Juniors
Let Sims go immediately, obviously his mind is not on the job at hand & neither is his heart. He seldom puts in much effort in games & goes missing when the hard stuff is required. Like his departed brother is big on tough talk & cheap shots but lacking heart & fighting spirit, takes the easy way out & hides from the action just like he is taking the easy way out to follow the super coach who seems to feel no remorse for the state he left the club in. Nathan Brown looks like a decent judge of players, not only as footballers but as people as well so its good to read he is willing to wave Sims goodbye. We need people who take pride in themselves, their team & their town & will fight tooth & nail to the final siren for the points & not meekly surrender like some of the teams that we've trotted out in recent times. All I ask of Brown now is to coach some skill, positional sense & decision making nouse into his players that was sadly lacking last season. The backs in particular seem to have learned nothing in their careers so far.It seems that they are products of the cookie cutter coaching systems in place today with lots of drills, that are of little value other than improved reflexes & agility & bugger all one on one face to face coaching to impart some actually useful knowledge & encouragement from someone who should know a bit about about the game. Size, strength & physicality will get you so far, but the best players are the thinkers who put themselves in the right place at the right time to do damage in attack & defence.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I like him as a player but he has never put in consistently enough for me to be sad if he did leave. If he wants out let him go. No way in the world should it cost us money. How could it?

Spot On

Coach
If it looks like costing us then he stays doesn't he? If he is indeed on 400K then he'll be taking a big pay cut at the Broncs if Brown sticks to his guns.

Whats Doing

Bench
Whilst I don't have a problem with letting players go if they want out, it should not result in weakening the team whilst potentially strengthening a rival and particularly the Broncos and that old fart Bennett.

There were rumours up here that the Broncos were willing to trade Ofengaurie for Korbin so that would be the only circumstance I would allow Korbin to leave. Otherwise I would let the pea heart rot in reserve grade

Swarzey

Bench
What a shame.

When his heart was in it, I wouldn't have traded him for anyone. 400k is just far too much for someone who isn't going to put in every week and I absolutely back moving him on. Joe O would be an excellent choice in return. He wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg, won't get a start at Brisbane and would fit in with what we're building.

Spot On

Coach
Would we really get a player from Brisbane as a swap for Korbin?????

I dont think Brisbane would want to let any of their props go

I'm fine with Korbin leaving. It would be his last year anyway and he's not likely to put in any effort for us.
Brisbane can arrange a swap with the Cows for Ponga if they want him.

Knight76

Juniors
As much as he does not put in, releasing him does put us in a weaker position depth wise. We have a bit of a habit of wracking up an injury toll pretty much all season long.

Not sure how he can be released to the Bronco's without them paying some of his fee to us, or is it just us that seems to do that to other clubs?

Brown shouldn't let him go unless we gain something for it.

betcats

Referee
As much as he does not put in, releasing him does put us in a weaker position depth wise. We have a bit of a habit of wracking up an injury toll pretty much all season long.

Not sure how he can be released to the Bronco's without them paying some of his fee to us, or is it just us that seems to do that to other clubs?

Brown shouldn't let him go unless we gain something for it.

Its up to Newcastle whether they ask for a fee to release him or not.

Alex28

Coach
Aparently the gap between what he is prepared to go for, and what the Broncos think he is actually worth is too great and he'll be hanging around.

As long as we don't subsidise any of his salary for him to go I don't care whether he stays or goes. It's his last year none the less.

As long as we don't subsidise any of his salary for him to go I don't care whether he stays or goes.
I'd rather be paying the same total amount to pay someone who is prepared to commit to the team with a possibility of an upgrade in 2018.
We've added a bit more experience.

Spot On

Coach
Aparently the gap between what he is prepared to go for, and what the Broncos think he is actually worth is too great and he'll be hanging around.

Wonder how that makes him feel about the Broncs, knowing that they don't rate him highly enough to make him a decent offer??? (Decent in his and his manager's eyes).

Knight76

Juniors
I still say he should stick around. We need the depth. He has shown in the past he can be a good player, being the last year of his contract, and if he is not accepting an offer from the broncos due to them not thinking he is worth the money, it gives him good incentive to hook in and have a good season.

That can work to our benefit.

Latest posts