What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin sims

Gareth67

First Grade
Prefer the 30th registered player to be a flying back that can score 50m+ tries, however, I do remember a lot of negativity around his brother (self excluded )when the rumours were circulating about his arrival & I think he was one of our best of the bench last year. They may just lift each other to a new level if they were given a chance to go to war together.

It's a big ' if ' though slippery5 . They could , but I don't believe we will ever know . I have a feeling that a bit of sanity has finally come to our recruitment department and that they will wait until a class player is available .

getsmarty

Immortal
Korbin Sims leads Fiji to comprehensive win
Author
Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 22 Jun 2019, 07:33 PM
newtonalicia-head.png

Maika Sivo and Suliasi Vunivalu scored entertaining doubles as Fiji Bati cruised to a 58-14 thrashing of Lebanon in the the Ox & Palm Pacific Test at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday night.

After a week of turmoil between the playing group and the Lebanese Rugby League Federation, the Cedars had no answers for a dominant Fijian side that produced six first half tries in a 24-minute blitz.

Two tries to Vunivalu and a four-pointer to rampaging forward Viliame Kikau set up the win with a 34-4 lead at halftime.

Melbourne Storm prop Tui Kamikamica took just seven minutes to charge his way over the line leaving three Cedars defenders in his wake.

Match: Fiji v Lebanon

Round 1 - Saturday 22nd June

Full Time

Home Team

Fiji

Scored 58 points

Away Team

Lebanon

Scored 14 points

Venue: Leichhardt Oval

Match broadcasters:

• GEM
  • Foxtel
The Bati side were over for their second of the night nine minutes later when Brandon Wakeham delivered a crisp pass for Vunivalu to dive over in the corner.

Sivo had a night to remember in his maiden Test appearance with the Fijian flyer acrobatically collecting a Siti Moceidreke cross-field kick to plant the ball down for the first international try of his career.

Fiji Bati were over again four minutes later with Viliame Kikau tippy-toeing his way to avoid the sideline down one end to then using some late footwork to dive over untouched.

The scoreboard continued to keep up with the clock when Joe Lovodua split through the middle to find Wakeham in support for a dominant 28-0 lead.

Sivo monsters his way over

Points continued to flow as Vunivalu dived over for a double despite a hint of double movement.

Lebanon finally crossed in the 38th minute with Canterbury hooker Michael Lichaa burrowing his way over the line from close range to get the Cedars on the board.

Our start won it for us. We were on right from that opening kick-off,” said Fiji back-rower Jayson Bukuya.

“It was a great effort from the boys and hopefully we can build on this. The goal is to eventually become a tier one nation and I think we’re moving in the right direction.”

Lebanon's start in the second half started just as shaky as the first with Robbie Farah shanking a long-range kick to send it into the stands.

A hard-running Sivo grabbed a double in the ensuing set with the Fijian winger bulldozing Ahmad Ellaz to charge over the line.

The Cedars jagged a try back in the 54th minute with Manly winger Abbas Miski finishing off a well-placed Farah grubber to leap high and wrestle Marcelo Montoya to plant the ball down.

Kamikamica scores first for Fiji

Lebanon enjoyed plenty of possession midway through the second half as Fiji lost their way with ball control and St George Illawarra junior Jacob Kiraz sent Miski over for a double just two minutes after taking the field in his first international.

Fiji quickly responded to the Cedars' swing of momentum with Lovodua wrestling his way past Elie El-Zakhem for the side's eighth of the evening.

Fiji were in on the action again shortly after to reach the 50 mark with newly-appointed captain Korbin Sims sending Bukuya over for a try with a deft short pass, before the Sharks back-rower finished off a long-range break on full-time for a late double.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/06/22/sivo-and-suli-fire-as-fijians-outclass-cedars/

Crush

Coach
Will K. Sims get a run for QLD origin 3?
Make it 6 dragons players in Origin squad?
FFS.

j0nesy

Bench
Jeez I hope he doesn’t get a run, he’s just starting to hit his straps for us. I think he and Norman were excellent signings.

Old Timer

Coach
Qld must be awefully short of players as K Sims is nowhere near the form he was in at the Broncos and he couldn’t get a SOO gig then

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Qld must be awefully short of players as K Sims is nowhere near the form he was in at the Broncos and he couldn’t get a SOO gig then

Don’t forget that any perceived dip in Korbin’s form is intertwined by: 1. the team playing atrociously and 2. McGregor. He has also had to contend with a serious arm injury. Personally, I feel KS has been playing well considering the circumstances he has found himself in.

BLM01

First Grade
Your are kiddin OT.harsh...his form has been as good as for us. Had about 6-7 weeks out with an arm injury. He did not light it up there in Brisbane from the bench either. Outside our oirigin players when played he has been one of our better forwards with good leg speed and hits the line hard in both attack and defence

Old Timer

Coach
Your are kiddin OT.harsh...his form has been as good as for us. Had about 6-7 weeks out with an arm injury. He did not light it up there in Brisbane from the bench either. Outside our oirigin players when played he has been one of our better forwards with good leg speed and hits the line hard in both attack and defence
As I said I think they must be very short of players to contemplate picking him
As you correctly say he didn’t exactly light it up at the Broncos however was very effective at times as a wrecking ball at club level.
Since being here he has had 7 weeks out and reasonable but not match winning or wrecking ball form
How that equates to warranting SOO selection mystifies me.
We certainly do love talking up our players.

BLM01

First Grade
As you correctly say he didn’t exactly light it up at the Broncos however was very effective at times as a wrecking ball at club level.
Since being here he has had 7 weeks out and reasonable but not match winning or wrecking ball form

No... my gripe has nothing to do with whether he is worthy of SOO which I dont think he is.
It was against your point he is no where near his form with us than he was at the Broncos. What I seen and saw of him past 2 years his form and efforts are on par.

Old Timer

Coach
No... my gripe has nothing to do with whether he is worthy of SOO which I dont think he is.
It was against your point he is no where near his form with us than he was at the Broncos. What I seen and saw of him past 2 years his form and efforts are on par.
Agree to disagree re his form with us V his time at the Bronco's.
I thought he was more ferocious and intimidating when in the Bronco's colours and that he has toned that down a fair bit since being here (no doubt he was a penalty magnet previously.)
Fair to say he hasn't had that many games for us thus far and has had a bad injury so hopefully a lot more to come.

slippery5

Juniors
But do you still think he is a like for like after waving good bye to LAM?

possm

Coach
But do you still think he is a like for like after waving good bye to LAM?
I think K Sims has the talent to be like for like with LAM. I really don't regret the recruitment of him but he needs to stay injury free so we can see him at his best.