What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kougari Oval Brawl

Chris_Brissie

Juniors
After the events that happened in the Chook Pen at Kougari Oval today, I think the Redcliffe Football Club should be ashamed of themselves. In the events of last years Grand Final at Dolphin Oval there was a brawl including some of the lower grade Dolphin players, and once again today, the lower grade dolphins were involved in a fight between Seagulls and Dolphins fans. I know alot of people will say that they were just trying to stop it, but that does not matter, the players, in my opinion, should stay out of it.....The brawl put a down point on the game as it was an absolute thriller of a game in the Queensland Cup, and I think there would have been a large crowd if it wasn't raining all day in Wynnum, but i braved the weater as it was sunny many times towards the end of the day.

Go the Seagulls, and the Broncos! and we'll throw the cowboys in there too.

mud n blood

Juniors
A bit harsh saying the Redcliffe club "should be ashamed of themselves" ..... :roll: Thats drawing a bit of a long bow, me thinks.

Yes - colts were involved. yes - one or two ex-Dolphins were involved. yes - it so happens that Redcliffe was involved last year. But the main instigator of the fight was not a current Redcliffe player. And plenty of dropkicks full of p!ss and bad manners in the pen, will no doubt reply in kind.

It was simply stupidity on the part of the colts firstly for being in the pen, and secondly for what one of those colts allegedly did, especially on a big day like today. It was trouble waiting to happen, irrespective if one of them did or said anything, or not.

The stink itself was as much to blame on the pen p!ss heads as one foolish colts player. Once punches are thrown, for whatever the reason, you have to be joking if you think teammates aren't going to stand up for one of their own !!!

It's just a shame now that if Westlake or Ricketts (in particular) read this on this forum, that this is all they'll report on. Great journalism.

After the way the press crapped on last year, it's a shame a few of them weren't in the pen copping it today ......

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Bullshit Chris.

And Mud players are allowed to have a drink after the game......Not their fault the gulls pissheads cant hack losing......

mud n blood

Juniors
Yes they are. I don't have a problem with that. They aren't faultless though, as are the w@nkers in the pen. I just think it was a fuse looking to be lit. What one colts player supposedly did was stupid. From there, it was p!ss taking over, and the colts were there as an "army".

I don't believe it was a simple case of 'sour grapes'.

Don't fall into the trap of blindly assuming your mob's involvement was of no blame .... both lots were as bad as each other. I just think the colts put themselves in a situation they didn't need to be in.

Latest posts