What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Koukask in RFL coup attempt

langpark

First Grade
I think it's been blown out of proportion. Nothing will really come of it, just another trademark dummy spit of his.

roughyedspud

Coach
So...koukash has gone on a massive rant today..the nuts and bolts of it being the RFL are shite for not catching salfords salary cap breach soon er and hes gone off at catalan for not producing enough french players...its worth noting salford and catalan both have 10 "non-fed" (home grown) players

The guy is a f**king moron

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
...and I love how he claims he's got all the clubs on board yet not a single one has come out to publicly back him yet. I reckon by the end of the week, once everyone's cards are on the table, he's going to find himself all alone.

WireMan

Bench
He is right though. Time to do something about the way the game is ran.

No more selling TV rights for cheap to sky for a long period, no more second rate strategic vision which starts and ends with a magic weekend on Fa cup final weekend, no more scrapping the youth team because some failing clubs can't afford it.

Everything they do is wrong and a race to the bottom.

Time to stop pit villages constantly voting to block progress, and time for the leadership to act like it.

Can anyone name one good thing the leadership of rugby league in the UK has actually dome for the game?

langpark

First Grade
Can anyone name one good thing the leadership of rugby league in the UK has actually dome for the game?

Oh come on are you serious now? Ok I'll give you just three small examples:

1) Their introduction of the Catalans. Yes, this was RFL's decision (and arguably initiative), so you cannot take that off them.
2) Running a successful World Cup tournament in 2013.
3) and most importantly, their initiative to set up the RLEF in 2003. Yes, this was their doing and now look how RL has flourished across Europe ever since!

Sadly, so many League fans are lightning fast when it comes to criticism, yet absolutely refuse to give credit where it's due.

WireMan

Bench
Oh come on are you serious now? Ok I'll give you just three small examples:

1) Their introduction of the Catalans. Yes, this was RFL's decision (and arguably initiative), so you cannot take that off them.
2) Running a successful World Cup tournament in 2013.
3) and most importantly, their initiative to set up the RLEF in 2003. Yes, this was their doing and now look how RL has flourished across Europe ever since!

Sadly, so many League fans are lightning fast when it comes to criticism, yet absolutely refuse to give credit where it's due.

1)Catalans were a merging of French clubs to replace the previous disaster of Paris. To say this was a good thing the rfl did, when they did very little other than replace a team that had just disappeared is a stretch.
Still they have grown the game at the top level in France, other teams are in and not held back, the national team is going great and oh wait, nevermind.

2)How do you define successful? They had a chance to grow the game and nothing has been done. They hosted a world cup which was fun but the game has not grown since, there is no legacy, no extra coverage. In fact sky's coverage is a lot less and the less said about the BBC the better. Any other channels? Nope, the rfl but a stop to that nonsense.

3) RLEF making the game flourish? If that is your standard of flourish then I can see why you like the rfl so much.

They are a disaster, good things have happened despite the rfl but even when an opportunity has arisen they have done nothing but stuff it up.

langpark

First Grade
What so you're saying RL has not flourished in Europe? At the turn of the millenium, the game was only being played in UK and France. Now the RLEF has 28-member nations. This is exactly what I mean, constant complaining yet never acknowledging when good things happen. The fact is, the game is growing rapidly in Europe, and steadily in the UK. Anything positive though, belongs in the 'coincidence' basket, and the negatives in the 'RFL' basket it seems.

WireMan

Bench
What so you're saying RL has not flourished in Europe? At the turn of the millenium, the game was only being played in UK and France. Now the RLEF has 28-member nations. This is exactly what I mean, constant complaining yet never acknowledging when good things happen. The fact is, the game is growing rapidly in Europe, and steadily in the UK. Anything positive though, belongs in the 'coincidence' basket, and the negatives in the 'RFL' basket it seems.

Yes that is what I am saying. But my definition of flourished is different to yours so we should leave it there. Also this is about the rfl not the RLEF. Yes they set it up, but if they are so good they should focus solely on that and leave the UK game alone.

How is the game growing in the UK? TV and media coverage down, a decline in quality, the top players leaving.

It is not a coincidence.
The good things are club led despite the rfl.
Not everything clubs do is good of course, but EVERYTHING the rfl do is rubbish. They should all be kicked out.

bowes

Juniors
1)Catalans were a merging of French clubs to replace the previous disaster of Paris. To say this was a good thing the rfl did, when they did very little other than replace a team that had just disappeared is a stretch.
Catalans didn't replace Paris. There was a decade between the sides