What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kurt gidley for reps

thuganomics

Coach
Lets settle this now fellas ok,

Im a knights fan meself, and i personally dont think Matt Gidleys a Great defender, although hes not a bad one. And when you mix that with his attacking he can be a great player. He just hasn't shined in the past few games.

Johns Magic

Referee
I am not saying that the stats indicate that Gidley is the greatest defensive centre, I am just pointing out that he is a sound defender, and no worse than any other centre( if not better). Those stats show that he tackles over 90% of the people that run at him, and that compared to other centres, this statistic is quite good. Also, if Gidley was such a poor defender, wouldn't the likes of Wiki and Morley run at him more often, to expose that weakness, thus meaning that he would have to tackle them regularly? If they do run at him, the statistics prove that he stops them, but if they don't run at him, it proves that they are aware that he is unlikely to mistackle them

Latest posts