What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann didn't play last weekend!!!!!!!!

ALSGI

Bench
In a rare and wonderful weekend for our long suffering fans, Mann didn't get a run anywhere.

Why?

And where to from here for our leading try scorer from last year?

Makes no sense at all to me.

Red V for life

Juniors
Unless Nighty is dropped or we are hit with injuries, he is unlikely to see much NRL game time till rep season as Milne would replace Lafai and McDonald is more than safe for a while.

If the forwards are as fit as they appear, Mary says and the minutes they got through suggest, we may be able to afford a utility on the bench and he would come into contention then.

However, I fear the writing is on the wall. NSW Cup!

watatank

Coach
He would have been 18th man. Looks like he will be competing with field for a spot in the 17 and first cab off the ranks if theres an injury wherever. Hope it is not for too much longer. He deserves to play

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
If Mann was our leading try scorer last year and is not getting a run so far this season, it can only mean ......

1 - Our current first grade squad are scoring plenty of tries.
2 - We currently have no injuries to squeeze him in.

Time will tell.

ALSGI

Bench
Ok, thanks guys.

I now understand why he warmed the bench for the bench and didn't play anywhere. $$$ well spent. Talent well spent.

Brilliant.

possm

Coach
I think things will sort themselves out very shortly. Once the Club has made decisions on the contract extensions of Dugan, Widdop, Mann and Lafai we will see players getting picked on merit; maybe one or two even leaving prior to June 30.

In my mind Mann and Milne are keepers. Dugan and Widdop could be kept at the right price. Lafai is not a keeper and Aitken should be groomed to be a utility player.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Why wouldn't he be played for cutters then?!

Just can't fathom it. Are players still allowed to back up from NSW cup into FG if there's any injury? Worst case, he can play NSW cup and if there happens to be some freak injury in warm up someone can backup for firsts? It's not like the 4th sub is getting much game time.

ALSGI

Bench

Just can't fathom it. Are players still allowed to back up from NSW cup into FG if there's any injury? Worst case, he can play NSW cup and if there happens to be some freak injury in warm up someone can backup for firsts? It's not like the 4th sub is getting much game time.
That's exactly right MD.
Why did Mann not play anywhere for anyone?
I'll say it again - brilliant.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
It doesn't matter what Mann did in 2016, Mary only remembers 2015 where we made the finals. In the presser Mary said he doesn't want to talk about 2016. I fear we have lost Mann, Mary certainly has.

ALSGI

Bench
That's exactly right MD.
Why did Mann not play anywhere for anyone last week?
I'll say it again - brilliant.
By next week he wouldn't have played for a month! Am I missing sonething here?
Just don't get it.

ALSGI

Bench
Yep, the Tallis of 2017 without the contract issues, and we all know what Tallis did the year after.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Nighty love the bloke but cant just give him a jersey for what he did a few years ago swap for mann and lafai for milne we would have scored 60+ with them in the team

Simon

Juniors

If you're named in the 19 24 hours before kickoff then play NSW cup before the NRL game you're ineligible to play firsts. There was a good read in the NRL ap that explained the new naming of team regulations last week.

If the NRL team plays before the NSW cup game I think you'll see the 18th man play NSW cup. I'd also suspect if we find ourselves in situations like on Saturday for the 18th man to be rotated across a few players so as not to have players not match fit.

MilanDragon

Juniors
If you're named in the 19 24 hours before kickoff then play NSW cup before the NRL game you're ineligible to play firsts. There was a good read in the NRL ap that explained the new naming of team regulations last week.

If the NRL team plays before the NSW cup game I think you'll see the 18th man play NSW cup. I'd also suspect if we find ourselves in situations like on Saturday for the 18th man to be rotated across a few players so as not to have players not match fit.

So every week we could have someone missing a game? Did anyone else notice if other teams had the same issue?

I read those rules early last week, but I remember reading it said you can also apply for an exemption or special circumstance case? Would that apply if there was an injury to a first grader in the warm up?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think things will sort themselves out very shortly. Once the Club has made decisions on the contract extensions of Dugan, Widdop, Mann and Lafai we will see players getting picked on merit; maybe one or two even leaving prior to June 30.

In my mind Mann and Milne are keepers. Dugan and Widdop could be kept at the right price. Lafai is not a keeper and Aitken should be groomed to be a utility player.
I know we defied the odds last weekend but for mine to top off a well balanced side Milne should be in for Lafai and dare I say it but for the future of our team Mann should come in for Nighty.....with our no nonsense go forward pack I think Milne would add some starch and agression out wide and Mann has youth and speed....just my thoughts at the moment