What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann kicked McGregor's dog

chewbacca

Juniors
Or farted in an elevator or voted for Trump. Maybe he hates drinking and driving, called him 'Elma Fudd' behind his back? Maybe he likes Justin Bieber and watches the Bachelorette.
Or maybe he likes to play whats in front of him and can't fathom the robot playbook.
What else could explain why the worst attacking team in the comp didnt trial our most natural attacker in the halves?
If Mann is playing Cutters next week then im hoping its for one of the reasons stated above. At least that would make sense.

obviously you need vision to see that mann could be the answer but unfortunately mc anchor wouldnt know a good half if it came up and bit him oh for some leadership from the oval office and a new coach with some vision something this wonderful club has not had for a long long long time

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I have never been in a position where I want injuries to my own team. But i'd love Widdop to do an ACL (although he'd probs still get picked as the 'safe' option) and/or McCrone to get an ESL offer too good to pass up.

That would at least force experimentation with the halves rather than going back to what is, the carbonara of halves pairings. I want Beef Vindaloo!!!

Western red

Juniors
I hear Mann could be on the move limited opportunities at the club. He is not in the round one team for next week so u will see dragons leading try scorer from last year line up for the cutters. Just wat we need as fans

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I hear Mann could be on the move limited opportunities at the club. He is not in the round one team for next week so u will see dragons leading try scorer from last year line up for the cutters. Just wat we need as fans

And who could blame him. He deserves to be in the 13. I would even consider playing him as a sub off the bench, he is quick, deceptively strong and can cover 1 - 7 and probably 9 in short stints.

Como Connection

First Grade
Hi all, just back from three weeks cruising around Asia.
I cannot believe the treatment Mann has received under McGregor, disgrace.
He will depart for sure and certain I feel.
CC

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
How do you know hes not in next weeks team..has it been announced already

Lewish33

Juniors
I can't understand what so many of us see that McGregor can't. I think the OP must be onto something because it makes no sense at all.

We must be a world beating team to have the luxury to leave the likes of Mann out.

But then again Lafai trained well :oops:

RPG437

Juniors
Mann has never been given an opportunity to settle in the team anywhere. I remember him having a shocker early on last year, dropped a bunch of high balls and got hauled off. He looks like a guy who could really shine in an attacking structure which created space for guys with pace to exploit. Aint gonna happen under this poor excuse for a coach.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
For me this is one of the travesties of McGregor's tenure as HC of the Dragons.
His track record in destroying careers is disgraceful.
I will start with Shannon Wakeman. As a contracted first grade player, he wasn't even considered for a game even though he was probably the best player in NSW Cup at that time. We needed a prop so instead of giving Wakeman a go, he immediately threw in 2 nuffies we had just signed. Page was useless and was on "reputation" only from a You-tube video. Played one game if I remember rightly. Funny enough Wakeman absolutely owned him in the Interstate Championship last year. Ioane (sorry can't remember his spelling) played a few games but nothing spectacular.
Next there's Havili, how many times was he stranded on the bench last year sometimes playing ten minutes sometimes zero. Jacob Host was another who sat idly for a whole game (debut game if I remember).
Now it's Mann's turn.
Wouldn't be surprised if Field or Milne are the next in the queue.

McGregor is always going to select reputation and safety before anything else. Trying to protect his butt and using pathetic excuses to cover his ineptness.
We all know what team will be selected next week:
Dugan
Nighty & McDonald
Aitken & Lafai
McCrone
Widdop

As our backline
But expect Marketo to be named in the squad (probably at the expense of Host).

McGregor will hope that the "reputations" fire and he can say told you so. If they don't and we are getting towelled each week, how long before he starts the blame game?

IMO Mann should be one of the first names placed on the team sheet, either at fullback or as our half. For McGregor to ignore his talent is just a travesty that we should all make plenty of waves at our club management.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Mann is our best Back.He should be first back picked.If McGregor does not pick him he will only confirm our estimation that he is a complete fool.In any case he is a short term proposition going forward and post Penrith hiding they will start looking at ways to get rid of him.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Other than Dugan Mann was our best back last year and he gets treated like crap from our so called coach. He should be in our side as 5/8 and Milne Atkin our centers for round 1. McCrone Lafai should not be in first grade at all . I cant believe that Coyne is going to stand by and let Mc Gregor ruin our club if so I will place him in the same category as the rest of the board.

Dragsters

First Grade
Mann has proven himself to be a very good player in a very badly performing team...so to loose him would be very disheartening.

Mary is getting away with too much...

What is most disappointing for me is that it seems that Mary's decisions just don't seem to be made in the best interest of the team and the clubs future.

I really thought that this year his approach would change as it seemed to be his best chance of survival, but his pre-season selections were very disappointing.

The selection of our workhorse props, packer and ah mau on the bench, instead of laying the platform early was curious and the halves selections were mismanaged to the point that the only thing we learned is that mccrone and widdop are still not capable of igniting the backline.

Talent going to waste in favour of the proven failures.

Just not good enough Mary.

Last edited:

Latest posts