What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann kicked McGregor's dog

Red V for life

Juniors
It's important to remember that Mann doesn't play the type of "Dragons footy" Mary desires. He scores too many points which detracts from the grind Mary is so fond of. What's Mary to do?:rolling_eyes:

Seriously, and somewhat sadly, Mary not rating the guy is pretty much the best endorsement that he can get that he actually goes alright.

I am a huge Mann fan and I hope he is not lost to the big Red V.

Como Connection

First Grade
It's important to remember that Mann doesn't play the type of "Dragons footy" Mary desires. He scores too many points which detracts from the grind Mary is so fond of. What's Mary to do?:rolling_eyes:

Seriously, and somewhat sadly, Mary not rating the guy is pretty much the best endorsement that he can get that he actually goes alright.

I am a huge Mann fan and I hope he is not lost to the big Red V.
Me also, cannot believe this is happening.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I agree that Mann shouldn't be selected until he improves his consistency. He only had one really ordinary game for us back in Round 2 last year and then was very good in all his first grade appearances after that.

Once he learns to consistently dish up nothing week in, week out like regulars Lafai and captain Widdop he will demonstrate he's ready to play Dragons footy and will never be dropped again.

JDHD

Juniors
Jesus f**k. Mann is a gun. He was dropped for half the season and still managed to be our top try scorer. Who does he have to root to get on the field?

nontime111

Juniors
If MANN isnt in the team Im not even going to watch.... hes our top try scorer from last year if not picked it will show total insanity
MANN MUST be in the 17!!!!!

Dragsters

First Grade
MANN and MILNE MUST be in there........

I will cheer the team on regardless of who is picked but if these 2 don't get picked and we get smashed by the chocolate soldiers, which is highly likely, let's face it, then maybe Mary will see the light, though I won't hold my breath.

Mary has during pre-season talked up selection based on merit.

Unfortunately Mann, Havili and Milne don't appear to be seriously in the running for inclusion in the FG 17.

Lets hope he shocks us and actually picks the 17 on merit rather than purely "experience".

Dragsters

First Grade

Unfortunately Mann, Havili and Milne don't appear to be seriously in the running for inclusion in the FG 17.

Lets hope he shocks us and actually picks the 17 on merit rather than purely "experience".

I was hoping that actually meant something when Mary said "all positions are up for grabs" but clearly that was bullshit after his selections in the trials.

I hope he does too but i just can't see it happening SF.

Hawkins

Juniors
I have never been in a position where I want injuries to my own team. But i'd love Widdop to do an ACL (although he'd probs still get picked as the 'safe' option) and/or McCrone to get an ESL offer too good to pass up.

Are you about to go all Tonya Harding on him?

ALSGI

Bench

Yeah nah, McAnchor and Widdiot both reckon the CS was a good hit out, so Lafai, McCrone, to spark our fire...pfft

Old Timer

Coach
If people think Mann should be selected and he is not, then they really should reconsider going to the game or any game until he is selected
Or if they do go they should have a banner something like
"Mann's our Man and we need to Mann Up Now"
Anything else is just rubber stamping further idiocy and endorsing McGregor's stupidity as being acceptable
The fans have a real chance from game 1 to show the club its disappointment and should IMO not miss the opportunity
Let's hope he is selected and we have a full house
How crazy if Mann is not selected and we are subjected to more weeks of sub standard football until the obvious is implemented
it is all just beyond belief

Uplifting

Juniors

Exactly. He talks it up every pre-season, positions up for grabs. Let's hope that these statements do more than provide content for sports journos this time.

Old Timer

Coach
if the team is announced as predicted these are some questions for a journalIst to ask instead of writing all the dumb articles
1. You said positions were up for grabs but very little time was given to Mann and Nona during the trials what was the reason for that?
2. Lots of press about Mann being looked at for the halves was that all bull shit as he didn't have any quality time there during the trials?
3. Mann was your leading try scorer last year and some of those were his individual brilliance but you cannot find a spot for him what did he do wrong in the offseason?
4. Lafai had a terrible season last year and the year before and was ultimately sent packing by the Dogs and dropped by you what did he do during the offseason that warrants selection?
5. You said it would be different this year and we got Mc Crone for Benji which pretty much happened when Benji was out anyway and we got Lafai again so what did actually change?
6. As you now have the running of the team and in your own words focused on coaching if you are 2 wins & 4 losses after 6 games or worse than that would you consider stepping down as in fact nothing has changed and the fans will be mighty pissed off?