What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann UK Bound?

Old Timer

Coach
agree we must keep mann and i would give him a shot at fullback letting duffty and field come thru reserves so they dont get blown out of the water in firsts . BUT does anyone really know why he seems to be so out of favour with mary ?? admittedly he had a shocker at fullback last year and then was banished to reserve grade . remind me if im wrong but didnt our entire squad have shockers most games but hardly any changes . Any other team and Mann would be first grade playing to his ability Hes got a passing game can tackle and elusive and seems to have a football brain sign him as our number 1 NOW
Hung out to dry on 1 lousy game whilst others were persisted with week in week out.
If our club could not see his real value by the end of the 2016 season and extend him then, well unfortunately they have very little understanding as to who is a good player.
As to the posts re the issue now being Mann's manager that's a load of bunkum as Mann when asked where he was going to be playing said Mary had not really discussed it with him or conveyed and thoughts on the subject.
This bloke is a quality footballer and should have already been re-signed long ago.
If he goes our people f**ked up plain and simple.

possm

Coach
According to zero tackle Dugan was on $800k a year, don't tell me we can't split that to cost to sign up Kurt and Tim ?
I'd be more worried loosing Kurt when you factor in his Utility value.
This is ideal time to get this done during the bye and solidify the squad for next year..
In 2017 we have Dugan, Mann, Milne and Lafai in our squad and part of the cap. I believe Dugan was on 750k. We already have cap for the above, all we need is upgrade money if warranted.

Saintsified

Bench
Just face it guys, when something like this goes to media, our club usually loses the battles, 33% success rate so far when it comes to Widdop, Packer and Dugan. Unacceptable win loss ratio...some coaches get sacked for that, whats the recruitment managers average?

possm

Coach
Hung out to dry on 1 lousy game whilst others were persisted with week in week out.
If our club could not see his real value by the end of the 2016 season and extend him then, well unfortunately they have very little understanding as to who is a good player.
As to the posts re the issue now being Mann's manager that's a load of bunkum as Mann when asked where he was going to be playing said Mary had not really discussed it with him or conveyed and thoughts on the subject.
This bloke is a quality footballer and should have already been re-signed long ago.
Mary has a significant part of his duties stripped out and given to Millward, and he still can't manage selections or bench rotation.

qld redvee

Juniors
Mary has a significant part of his duties stripped out and given to Millward, and he still can't manage selections or bench rotation.
possm you are so right. mann banished for a bad game last year but marketo on bench all year !! its just like he has blinkers on and wont look outside - Im surprised sele got a call up at jakes expense mary definitely has to look at better rotation and selections to suit opposition

Mann has been royally screwed around. We could hardly blame the guy if he signed elsewhere.

He is currently a much better defender than Dufty or Field. He has all the creative skills in attack to playa variety of positions.

Life is all about choices. Mary/Millward appear to rank him well down the pecking order when it comes to playing in the halves or centre. I can only conclude that Mary/Millward rank Dufty/Field ahead of Mann or propose to recruit a full back.

If so they should draw straws as to who should resign first.

possm

Coach
Mann has been royally screwed around. We could hardly blame the guy if he signed elsewhere.

He is currently a much better defender than Dufty or Field. He has all the creative skills in attack to playa variety of positions.

Life is all about choices. Mary/Millward appear to rank him well down the pecking order when it comes to playing in the halves or centre. I can only conclude that Mary/Millward rank Dufty/Field ahead of Mann or propose to recruit a full back.

If so they should draw straws as to who should resign first.
Field and Dufty are already signed for 2018. Mann has to have is contract extended. My understanding is that there is cap available to sign him but at what cost. Millward again should have signed from top down and if that happened we may be talking about a decision on a young junior or marginal first grade players rather than any of our key first grade players.

SBD82

Coach
I've always thought that Mann was on the outer with Mary because it wasn't Mary that wanted him signed in the first place. I thought Mary reluctantly put him at fullback at the start of last year and scrapped him at the first opportunity.

With Dugan (Mary's 1st choice fullback) now gone, hopefully Mary can see past the history and see what a valuable player Mann has the potential to be.

ALSGI

Bench
Field and Dufty are already signed for 2018. Mann has to have is contract extended. My understanding is that there is cap available to sign him but at what cost. Millward again should have signed from top down and if that happened we may be talking about a decision on a young junior or marginal first grade players rather than any of our key first grade players.
Yep, I think most agree Possm. Let's see what happens in the next month or so before we all get our knickers in a twist.

Drag Queen

Bench

qld redvee

Juniors
I've always thought that Mann was on the outer with Mary because it wasn't Mary that wanted him signed in the first place. I thought Mary reluctantly put him at fullback at the start of last year and scrapped him at the first opportunity.

With Dugan (Mary's 1st choice fullback) now gone, hopefully Mary can see past the history and see what a valuable player Mann has the potential to be.
agree 100% seems like if mary signed you your in ( i got the team i wanted what a great quote ) and only reluctantly putting him back on the wing last year as a token change to the team...... definitely deserves fullback next year while the youngsters get much needed time in the reggies

Old Timer

Coach
It was two lousy games and I feel guilty as hell for paying him out at the time.
One game wasn't that bad the Sharks game was a horror but we also had 16 other horribles as well that day just like the game against the Warriors reserve grade team.
Just cant understand our stubbornness on the issue.

Minh

First Grade
If our management are fair dinkum they should lock up both Mann and Lafai ASAP before it becomes a circus again about will he stay or will he go.....

qld redvee

Juniors
It was two lousy games and I feel guilty as hell for paying him out at the time.
2 games but only one that was punted. Yet we were all shouting from the rooftops to drop lafai benji marketo mathewa and co but apparantly there was no one better in reserves !!!!!!!!! You couldnt blame him going if he gets a top 17 gig BUT i am over fringe first graders being signed as replacements keep the good let the average go

ALSGI

Bench
No need to feel guilty mate, he was shit, as were many others. I don't get why calling a spade a spade is frowned upon. He's proven he's a high quality player and will reap the rewards with a contract (with us hopefully) very soon.

possm

Coach
2 games but only one that was punted. Yet we were all shouting from the rooftops to drop lafai benji marketo mathewa and co but apparantly there was no one better in reserves !!!!!!!!! You couldnt blame him going if he gets a top 17 gig BUT i am over fringe first graders being signed as replacements keep the good let the average go
I'd rather Mann to Walker anyday.