What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann UK Bound?

Old Timer

Coach
Do you know that there is a school of thought that because Dougy was a "eye " player he actually followed the extra swing of the ball that bowlers were able to get in England , and thats what got him into trouble.Normal players either played and missed or left the ball alone, which made it a boring game. Just a theory ( or excuse ! )
Dad used to talk about that and said it was the reason England was so tuff for him to get runs.
Dougy was great to watch when he was in full flight but he certainly battled against the swinging ball in England and was able to get nicks that mere mortals could only dream about.
Against the Poms out here he often made them look like cannon fodder.
Interesting that he had a very high average if not the best average of any Aussie v WI so the pace was no issue although later on he did develop "the periscope" method of evasion.
Someone once said they thought Hooks was a similar "eye" player but I'm sure Walters had much better foot work all round and managed to get near the line of the ball but unfortunately just kept following it where Hooks was more stand and deliver and "trusted" his eye.
Your favourite batsmen and bowler of that era?

hazzbeen

Bench
Does anyone on here know what is happening with Mann heard nothing from management that we are in talks with him ...... ????

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Anyone know how much Mann is on? I am guessing around the 300k mark maybe? If so I would re-sign him for 5 years (at that bargain rate). Same with Milne if he is worth that much.

Gareth67

First Grade
Surely they are in the final stages of the negotiations (?) I myself , would like Milne and Lafai resigned for a further 2 years with an option for a 3rd , whilst giving Kurt Mann 3 years with an option on a 4th.

Two very promising players in Mann and Milne , who require mre minutes , if not a permanent starting position in the top grade . Where as Lafai is the experienced centre who could probably pass on a few tips to the youngsters .

Hopefully Recruitment gets their act together to ensure that the Dragons will possess a skilful set of backs that will stand the team in good stead for years to come .

Life's Good

Coach
Surely they are in the final stages of the negotiations (?) I myself , would like Milne and Lafai resigned for a further 2 years with an option for a 3rd , whilst giving Kurt Mann 3 years with an option on a 4th.

Two very promising players in Mann and Milne , who require mre minutes , if not a permanent starting position in the top grade . Where as Lafai is the experienced centre who could probably pass on a few tips to the youngsters .

Hopefully Recruitment gets their act together to ensure that the Dragons will possess a skilful set of backs that will stand the team in good stead for years to come .
Lafai has inked a new deal for 3 years mate

Frank Facer

First Grade
and I want mary to play widdop field that would give us another goal kicker as well.
I would be fine with Mary giving Field a crack in the halves beside Widdop. I will say, I do think that quite a few on this forum don't think Field is ready to defend in the front line in first grade. I don't know myself. I think a halves pairing of Field and Widdop could be pretty good.

Field has been earmarked for the fullback position. I would like to see him given a run there next game that Dugan is on origin duty. I would actually like to see Widdop and Mann in the halves and Field at fullback. Our attack could go to a complete new level.

possm

Coach
I would be fine with Mary giving Field a crack in the halves beside Widdop. I will say, I do think that quite a few on this forum don't think Field is ready to defend in the front line in first grade. I don't know myself. I think a halves pairing of Field and Widdop could be pretty good.

Field has been earmarked for the fullback position. I would like to see him given a run there next game that Dugan is on origin duty. I would actually like to see Widdop and Mann in the halves and Field at fullback. Our attack could go to a complete new level.
I would like to see Dufty given first go at fullback in first grade if the Club has already decided that Mann will not be given a go there. He seems to be that Dufty is playing really well against men right now and should be given his chance. In the off-season, he can work on any shortfalls such as defence on his line.

Next opportunity do the same with Field. I agree that Field/Mann/Dufty would surely be a better option than McCrone at 7 or 6. Many on here do not want to experiment because there is a good chance on making the top four however, there is no indication at all that the inclusion of Mann/Field/Dufty in the halves would be weakening the halves or fullback position. What it would do is settle things for later in the season or for next season. It would also give good info on what these players need to work on this year and throughout the off-season.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Does anyone on here know what is happening with Mann heard nothing from management that we are in talks with him ...... ????

Hazz
We have made an offer but not shure about details ect.
Haven't heard or read anything about Revival clubs.
Only thing I know is that Milne has been offered from tigers .
So you guess is as good as any

SEAT 1A

Bench
We have made an offer but not shure about details ect.
Haven't heard or read anything about Revival clubs.

Hope we keep him, to good for reggies.

I just don't get why other clubs are not interested in him for a pick and stick position. He belts people twice his size, quick and can play every backline position.

It would be a shame he had to ship himself off to England.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Hope we keep him, to good for reggies.

I just don't get why other clubs are not interested in him for a pick and stick position. He belts people twice his size, quick and can play every backline position.

It would be a shame he had to ship himself off to England.

Seat 1a
If we don't keep him as you say a nrl team will