What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

La Liga

That's just who he is. They're a dime a dozen in football. Precious egos who have been told from a young age that they are the best and that they're all that. It's not surprising some lose all humility whatsoever.

Did he f**k your missus or something Sam? This obsession you have with him is unhealthy.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This game is woeful and almost unwatchable.

Two teams just trying to out cheat the other. Special mention to Masc who is a disgrace.

Unwatchable to say the least.

On the other side of the picture, so glad Barca won, we needed that specifically against Real.

Mong

Post Whore
Unwatchable to say the least.

On the other side of the picture, so glad Barca won, we needed that specifically against Real.

Watched this last night, It wasn't too bad, Suarez and Masc deserve special mention for being absolute dickheads though.

Disappointed with Athletic in the last few rounds, only snagged 4 points out of 12 on offer. They could have been pushing for 6th spot by now.

Still have the Copa del Rey final to look forward to, even if we're 100-1 to win it.

t-ba

Post Whore
So...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32619740

Sounds like the Spanish Government is sick of the preferential treatment being dished out two Spain's two own Ugly sisters. Seems like those juicy tax regimes that attract so much talent might be next on the chopping block. Be interesting to see how these two would fair without 50% of the TV revenue to share amongst themselves and a more strongly policed tax policy.

Last edited:
f**k Barca and Real. merkins think they run La Liga.

For years I've heard f**kwit Barca and Real supporters whine about how they feed the league. What they forget about is that they run rather loose interpretations of the Cantera policy. Teams like Bilbao field entirely Basque players and still manage to remain competitive with such a tiny talent pool.

f**k them off and let them play a two team league week in week out and see who gives a shit. Most Spanish watch to see which nuffy can actually take them all the way to 90 mins and knock them off.

aqua_duck

Coach
Please explain what you mean by loose interpretation of a cantera policy. Of the current Barca squad, we have 12 players who were brought up through La Masia, of those 12, 8 are Catalans, Iniesta joined the club as a 12 year old, Messi and Rafinha as 13 year olds.

Please explain what you mean by loose interpretation of a cantera policy. Of the current Barca squad, we have 12 players who were brought up through La Masia, of those 12, 8 are Catalans, Iniesta joined the club as a 12 year old, Messi and Rafinha as 13 year olds.

They still sign outside the club don't they? So do Real.

Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic, Alves, Vermaelen, ter Stegen. Quite a bit of talent there that contribute to the success of the team.

Real are worse.

I'll concede Messi and Rafinha because they were identified at a young age. Pet hate of mine is a club who picks up a 17 year old and puts them through a year or two of youth and then claim them as a junior.

aqua_duck

Coach
We signed outside players sure but so does every other club, and let's not forget the players who were brought through the system and are now playing elsewhere, guys like Fabregas, Hector Bellarin, Iago Falque all poached at 17 because English clubs can offer kids professional contracts where as we can't.

aqua_duck

Coach
If you can name me another top European side with as many players brought through the youth system as Barcelona I'll gladly eat my words

We signed outside players sure but so does every other club, and let's not forget the players who were brought through the system and are now playing elsewhere, guys like Fabregas, Hector Bellarin, Iago Falque all poached at 17 because English clubs can offer kids professional contracts where as we can't.

Bilbao's players are all Basque, and have only ever played Basque players since their foundation and are one of the most successful teams in the La Liga.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bilbao's players are all Basque, and have only ever played Basque players since their foundation and are one of the most successful teams in the La Liga.

Bilbao are a good La Liga team but they're irrelevant in Europe. The expectations on a team like Bilbao is vastly different to what is expected of Barcelona

Bulldog Force

Referee

Let's not forget Xavi - he was 11.

Bilbao are a good La Liga team but they're irrelevant in Europe. The expectations on a team like Bilbao is vastly different to what is expected of Barcelona

Yeah fair enough. I thought we were just talking about La Liga here though as that was the topic in discussion (Real and Barca trying to control the Liga.)

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah fair enough. I thought we were just talking about La Liga here though as that was the topic in discussion (Real and Barca trying to control the Liga.)

For teams like Real and Barca, La Liga is only half the equation though, it's why both teams need far deeper squads. A team like Bilbao if they finish top 5-6 then that's seen as a successful season, if Real finished 5th or 6th that would result in about a dozen sackings.