What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lack of Merchandise Celebrating our Great Heritage

1st & 10

Juniors
Hello All

As some may know, I am an avid collector of saints History. What I have noticed is the lack merchandise related to our past. Look at what happened to the so-called premiers lounge. I believe it is a untapped market for the club. It all started due to eagerness to locate the Frank Burge piece that was hanging in the club and now just gone. Also why hasn't the great sticks foyer pick been reproduced on canvas etc

I sent the club this email

-----------------
Hello I am a collector of dragons memorabilia

A couple of questions please

1 - I have an actual game used blood bandage jersey from 1962 when saints played England . A photo of the two teams exist, but all pixalated.
cid:FF86959A-CF7E-4B69-A464-85202F882D3B

Does the club have available, a good quality version of this team photo for printing. I would to preserve this rare item signed by the team on the day

2 some time ago a great framed piece was displayed in the premiers lounge, adjacent to the bistro . It was titled Saints first contract depicting the great Frank Burge . It consisted a copy of his contract a great pic of Burge leading saints side out. The piece has now gone. Where can you buy one? I network with a vast number of memorabilia stockist and they have never heard of it. This piece should be redistributed as no signatures were part of it. It was restricted to only 50 units

3 I have the only known hard board "return to kogarah" poster from 1989, depicting all the 80s greats in front of the old scoreboard. I would be willing to lend any items I have which will allow you to copy/distribute etc at no costs

As mentioned I network with a lot of distributors and they shake their heads about the lack of new pieces coming out celebrating the dragons history . Eg a large print of the Norm Provan foyer picture, the mysterious brilliant Frank Burge piece. Team photos of all premiership winning teams as was shown in the old premiers lounge, -------- studios and --------- only have sporadic years and zero product. High quality panoramic Poster of the old Kogarah oval, so many youngsters do not know the history of the ground, let alone how great it looked with the red v seats

A lot of interest and products can be produced.

Kindest regards

Frank Facer

First Grade
Did we even have a heritage jersey this year? That is one jersey that I always try to get, but I don't recall seeing us wear one this year.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Hello All

As some may know, I am an avid collector of saints History. What I have noticed is the lack merchandise related to our past. Look at what happened to the so-called premiers lounge. I believe it is a untapped market for the club. It all started due to eagerness to locate the Frank Burge piece that was hanging in the club and now just gone. Also why hasn't the great sticks foyer pick been reproduced on canvas etc

I sent the club this email

-----------------
Hello I am a collector of dragons memorabilia

A couple of questions please

1 - I have an actual game used blood bandage jersey from 1962 when saints played England . A photo of the two teams exist, but all pixalated.
cid:FF86959A-CF7E-4B69-A464-85202F882D3B

Does the club have available, a good quality version of this team photo for printing. I would to preserve this rare item signed by the team on the day

2 some time ago a great framed piece was displayed in the premiers lounge, adjacent to the bistro . It was titled Saints first contract depicting the great Frank Burge . It consisted a copy of his contract a great pic of Burge leading saints side out. The piece has now gone. Where can you buy one? I network with a vast number of memorabilia stockist and they have never heard of it. This piece should be redistributed as no signatures were part of it. It was restricted to only 50 units

3 I have the only known hard board "return to kogarah" poster from 1989, depicting all the 80s greats in front of the old scoreboard. I would be willing to lend any items I have which will allow you to copy/distribute etc at no costs

As mentioned I network with a lot of distributors and they shake their heads about the lack of new pieces coming out celebrating the dragons history . Eg a large print of the Norm Provan foyer picture, the mysterious brilliant Frank Burge piece. Team photos of all premiership winning teams as was shown in the old premiers lounge, -------- studios and --------- only have sporadic years and zero product. High quality panoramic Poster of the old Kogarah oval, so many youngsters do not know the history of the ground, let alone how great it looked with the red v seats

A lot of interest and products can be produced.

Kindest regards
Did Doust reply by saying "we will do a review of memorabilia at the end of the season and determine where performance improvement is needed".

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
they probably think we were established in 1999, i bet they do a 20year anniversary merchandise on that...

"Dear Sir,
We have some crappy hats and scarves left over from the 2014 season memberships packages.
We will happily send these to you at minimal cost.
Hope this helps"

Hey 1st and 10

My name is George. Life time Saints fan and regular reader of this forum but first time poster.

I feel the same a you. I'm an 80s child and was 16 when they merger happened and have some very fond pre (and post) merger memories. Mostly my Dad and I on the hill at Kogarah and him filling my head with stories of the 11 straight and the players like Raper, Lanaglands, Billy Smith and co who went on to be legend and even immortals.

When it comes to merger talk, I generally like to think of it as an extension of St.George and Illawarra's history as opposed to the death of two clubs and the birth of a new one. In my eyes I see it as St.George est 1921 and in 1998 Illawarra joined up and the St.George Illawarra dynasty began. A lot of people don't share my opinion but it works for me and doesn't hurt anyone. I feel it's a great way to see things too because that way we have the history of two great clubs to carry into the future without pretending it didn't exist.

I'm also a lover of all things old school and memorabilia related and have designed some of my own Footy merchandise which celebrates the foundations of all the clubs.

Love to hear you thoughts on these. They are simple but I often think simple is best.

Good luck with getting in touch with the club.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/ma...610-st-george-rugby-league-established-shield

https://www.redbubble.com/people/madebygeorge/works/24929553-dragons-est-1921

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm also extremely concerned by the club's apparent desire to empancipate one essential ingredient in relation to both identity and merchandise.

These is OUR colours, which have been red and white since the Dragons were founded in 1921. Nowadays, you'd be excused if you thought Saints were paying homage to the North Sydney Bears, with all the red, black (and grey!) that seems to have permeated its way through.

Then, of course, there's the Sydney Swans who hijacked red and white some 30-years ago. As s result, more Sydneysiders associate this essential core value with them, and not the footy club we all support in various ways.

The above wasn't always the case though.

Latest posts