What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder position

A post in another thread got me thinking.

Where, realistically, do you expect us to finish this season?

To me it kind of feels like a rebuilding season. I know it isn't quite that in the same way other clubs are, but we are starting to see some new faces. Id like to think we could scrape into the eight, but i think we'll finish 9th.

Travitoh

First Grade
In the 6th-10th bracket i believe is achievable. Any worse than 12th will be a failure

ThingFish

Juniors
This season realistically, I think 10-11. The vibe I’m getting is our next premiership window will be 2019-2021. Our last window was 2012-2014 and we just scraped in.

However I’m an optimist at heart and a top 8 is a real chance.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m gonna say that Souths and Tigers will be fighting it out for a top 8 spot. 1-6 is pretty much set with the Storm, Cowboys, Roosters, Eels, Dragons and Sharks. 7-16 is fair game for every team in my opinion. Broncos will be amongst it and so will Penrith but there’s so much instability there that the place could implode at any second. Hopefully we slide into the top 8.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m gonna say that Souths and Tigers will be fighting it out for a top 8 spot. 1-6 is pretty much set with the Storm, Cowboys, Roosters, Eels, Dragons and Sharks. 7-16 is fair game for every team in my opinion. Broncos will be amongst it and so will Penrith but there’s so much instability there that the place could implode at any second. Hopefully we slide into the top 8.
I think you're on the money mate...

OVP

Coach
I’m gonna say that Souths and Tigers will be fighting it out for a top 8 spot.

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

Rabbitoad

Juniors
We lost 6 games by 8 points or less last season. (two against Brisbane, two against Parra, one each against Melbourne and Roosters)

If we had won those games, we'd have finished fourth.

Add G.I and Gagai to that team, plus a much, much better front row rotation (Tyrrell/Cherrington/Rudolf vs Nicholls/Leuluai/Tatola) and more depth in the outside backs.

I'm calling 8th at least, unless we have major injury problems.

Pommy

Coach

I think we can get 10th although we have a big unknown in the coach and a few injuries could totaly ruin our season again.
If tigers can get 8th who do you think gets the spoon? For me they seem nailed on 16th.

We lost 6 games by 8 points or less last season. (two against Brisbane, two against Parra, one each against Melbourne and Roosters)

If we had won those games, we'd have finished fourth.

Add G.I and Gagai to that team, plus a much, much better front row rotation (Tyrrell/Cherrington/Rudolf vs Nicholls/Leuluai/Tatola) and more depth in the outside backs.

I'm calling 8th at least, unless we have major injury problems.

If my aunt had a cock she would be my uncle.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think we can get 10th although we have a big unknown in the coach and a few injuries could totaly ruin our season again.
If tigers can get 8th who do you think gets the spoon? For me they seem nailed on 16th.

If my aunt had a c**k she would be my uncle.

I honestly think the warriors will collect the spoon. I see no reason for them to improve on last years results. Harris is a great player but the team just seems dysfunctional and unable to put consistent results together.

I think the tigers will do a lot better than most people give them credit for. I think Reynolds will completely change their culture and I can see them pulling off some tough upset wins. They won’t play flashy roosters type footy but I think they’ve got a pretty good forward pack and will be able to grind a lot of teams out. If Reynolds’ “never say die” attitude wears off on the rest of the team, then they are definitely going to be a tough team to beat. Lolohea has some freakish talent that was never unlocked at the warriors and I think he holds the key to their success.

It’s just a prediction though I could be totally wrong.

Pommy

Coach
I honestly think the warriors will collect the spoon. I see no reason for them to improve on last years results. Harris is a great player but the team just seems dysfunctional and unable to put consistent results together.

I think the tigers will do a lot better than most people give them credit for. I think Reynolds will completely change their culture and I can see them pulling off some tough upset wins. They won’t play flashy roosters type footy but I think they’ve got a pretty good forward pack and will be able to grind a lot of teams out. If Reynolds’ “never say die” attitude wears off on the rest of the team, then they are definitely going to be a tough team to beat. Lolohea has some freakish talent that was never unlocked at the warriors and I think he holds the key to their success.

It’s just a prediction though I could be totally wrong.

With warriors I just don’t see how a side with such talent can consistently fail. Even now I think this year they have to come good.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If my aunt had a c**k she would be my uncle.
:joy:

Wasn't making excuses for last year, just saying we weren't that far off the pace.

Now we've added Inglis and Gagai to that team.

You're welcome to be a Negative Nancy though mate. Each to their own

Last edited by a moderator:

Pommy

Coach
:joy:

Wasn't making excuses for last year, just saying we weren't that far off the pace.

Now we've added Inglis and Gagai to that team.

You're welcome to be a Negative Nancy though mate. Each to their own

I just don’t think it’s quite that simple. We were that shit I don’t think teams were even having to try hard, they knew they had it in the bag from kick off.
I do think a fit GI and Gagai will be very important though.
Also I was and still am very pro giving Madge the arse so I’m hoping for big improvements all around now.

Latest posts