What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Watch

Quigs

Immortal
Yes there are a few misguided Stains fools who frequent The Park. Noice people but you know, mentally challenged types.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Didn't see the game so cant really comment - but a few injuries for Saints should either galvanise them or divide them. Should be good to watch. Hope De Belin is okay for origin, love to see how he goes on the big stage

Dragons have had a golden run with injury. Origin will test them. Interesting to see how mentally tough they are.
Freddy just gave a very detailed analysis on this . Summary. Penrith played nobody this year(we smashed them) St gEorge played everybody. St george players fatigued from heavy start & carrying injuries for weeks. Penrith completely fresh all players injured out for long-mid term. Very interesting insight.

Freddy just gave a very detailed analysis on this . Summary. Penrith played nobody this year(we smashed them) St gEorge played everybody. St george players fatigued from heavy start & carrying injuries for weeks. Penrith completely fresh all players injured out for long-mid term. Very interesting insight.
He thinks we're nobodies in one text (Panthers) but somebody's in the other (Saints).
There's a NSW coach for ya.

Card Shark

Immortal
That’s good

Hope he picks 1/2 of them & the rest roosters & panthers, except Wade.

Edit: would love to see Prior rewarded.

Weaponhead

Coach
In recent years St George have started fast and faded badly. They look stronger this year so much less likely to fade before the finals.

The questions for them are can they cope with injuries to key players and can they win big games at the back end of the season. They have not had heavy rep loads. That will change this season.

Their squad does not have many players with experience of success in big games.

St George got Cronulla at great times for them this season. Sharks would be confident against them in a semi final.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Was at that Penrith/Stains game last night and the group of drags supporters were very quiet in the second half. Penrith were absolutely killing them, they are a very good team and I fully expect them, as well as the Dragons, to be there in September.

Origin will definitely test them and I hope they start their yearly decline.

We’re coming for them.

Up Up

Stake Removed

First Grade
Remember as well Drags have to supply Graham/Widdop for the Denver test on 23 rd June, be interesting to see if that travel has any effect as well

Card Shark

Immortal
Frenz, i recollect you saying the top 4 was out of reach.

How quickly things change eh

In there by the halfway mark.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Frenz, i recollect you saying the top 4 was out of reach.

How quickly things change eh

In there by the halfway mark.

Nope, I said 6 weeks ago,

Frenzy said:
Forget 4th. That’s already not achievable in current form. Will need another of those runs of 11 straight for that. Top 8 is very much in reach.

We’re not there yet and I still think we need a long run of wins to cement it. 6 is a good start and can now afford a few losses interspersed with the wins.

shadowboxer

First Grade
In recent years St George have started fast and faded badly. They look stronger this year so much less likely to fade before the finals.

The questions for them are can they cope with injuries to key players and can they win big games at the back end of the season. They have not had heavy rep loads. That will change this season.

Their squad does not have many players with experience of success in big games.

St George got Cronulla at great times for them this season. Sharks would be confident against them in a semi final.
Season not over yet - come the September is a new ball game and this far out you would have to predict both teams will be there and the league gods would predict we will play them in the semis and smoke em

wibble

Bench

We’re not there yet and I still think we need a long run of wins to cement it. 6 is a good start and can now afford a few losses interspersed with the wins.

Yep, we need to win about half from here to finish about 6th.

Top 4 still needs some good runs. Looking way ahead and really counting unhatched chickens, the last 3 games look relatively easy, and the other 9 pretty tough. If we can win 2 or 3 of the last 3 and 4 or 5 of the other 9 (7 or 8 from 12, giving us 32/34 points) that would be a top 4 effort.

Card Shark

Immortal

We aren’t there yet but the point I was making is how quickly things can turn around with a few wins in a row.

Where are the people that complained about the Titans & Eels games performances now??

A win is a win in my book...all worth 2 points & all contributed to our lofty position on the ladder.

Card Shark

Immortal
Another loss for Eagles = 4/13.

If ya need 12/24 to make the finals (if ya lucky), they need 8 from 11.

Same goes for Cowboys....realistically neither can make the finals.

bluefox68

Staff member
Another loss for Eagles = 4/13.

If ya need 12/24 to make the finals (if ya lucky), they need 8 from 11.

Same goes for Cowboys....realistically neither can make the finals.
Watched most of the game. Eagles had no real strike power - both tries were from close range individual efforts...

Cowboys played better JTaumalolo was great. The older JT better, but not the same player...
Tapau was Manly’s best.

There’s my 3-2-1

Card Shark

Immortal
Close wins by the Roosters, Panthers & Rabbits + Warriors whipping the Eagles, puts a lot of pressure on the ladder for us.

Must beat the Tigers or drop well back from 4th again.