What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai or Hopoate?

Lafai or Hopoate?

• Tim Lafai

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Will Hopoate

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters
I think its pretty telling that no player that I can recall that has come back from a mission has performed near their pre-mission form. Religion poisons everything I guess.

Jordan Rapana the only one I can think of and even that's debatable.
He was pretty good in the few games he played for the Titans and f**ked around doing nothing in Rugby union for a couple of years after he came back.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I think the issue with Hoppa is the transition to Centre. He was a winger for Manly. His finishing was pretty good. He was pretty safe under the high ball (unlike a couple of other wingers we have had since).

I think he is on overs for a centre, let alone a winger. I wouldn't pick him up on the $ the Eels offered him...

I'd have him in a heart beat over Hiku. I'm not that fussed on Lafai either though. Roberts surely would be better value. I don't think he is leaving QLD though.

aqua_duck

Coach
That was only for 2015.
He was better in 2014.

Actually according to fox sports stats he's only had 7 line break assists and 5 try assists over the past 2 years so you're argument is totally and utterly smashed out of the water champ

ek999

First Grade
I would take Hoppa as a right centre over Lafai. Lafai needs to play on the left to get anywhere near his potential and his defensive reads last year were ordinary

Wouldn't mind seeing Parra pick him up. A left edge of Foran, Ma'u, Lafai and Semi would be lethal

Noise

Coach
I would take Hoppa as a right centre over Lafai. Lafai needs to play on the left to get anywhere near his potential and his defensive reads last year were ordinary

Wouldn't mind seeing Parra pick him up. A left edge of Foran, Ma'u, Lafai and Semi would be lethal

Except Arthur has stated Foran will be playing on the right. And pre season training photos back that up.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Lafai was pretty meh last year, not that Hopoate was great. I think there's more of a potential payoff in Hopoate. In Des we trust.

JDSloane

Juniors
Lafai w'out a shadow of a doubt! Unless Hopoate found his pre-mission form for Lafai's value. Don't see it happening tho, & think Lafai will only improve when he gets ball from a more experienced/settled set of halves

Packy

Bench
Neither have any speed to mention. Hoppa is more versatile. Hoppa will be better for us.

I consider it an upgrade. I am concerned about that cap we may be spending on Hoppa though. but that is Des's issue I guess.

cleary89

Coach
Interesting to see if peoples opinions change now lafai has gone to saints which is one of the more hated clubs.

cleary89

Coach
If Lafai wasn't hated at Dogs then he'll be ok at Dragons

Yeh but with these types of polls people tend to over rate the bloke leaving because 1. It makes out that it was a bad decision for the club and 2. People arehoping to sign him

Heck, even i argued that souths were stupid for bringing in inglis got champion.

If you mad the poll now i reckon it would be closer to 60/40 compared to the 90/10 now.

Latest posts