What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai v Mann

j0nesy

Bench
Lafai has been impressive of late. I'm hoping the last two years of poor form were a result of his knee, and he has now recovered.

While I'm a fan of Mann, I don't think he's been great this year - just average. I personally don't think centre is Mann's position, my view is he's a 5/8th or fullback. So I don't think its a case of Mann vs Lafai.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
In top form Lafai is a genuine game breaker, however I'm also a massive fan of Mann.....a hard choice if I had to pick just one.....

Belta

Juniors
Hopefully both as I can't see either attracting big $ by rival clubs, so you'd think we'd be able to table reasonable offers and both are very good players. What may throw a spanner in the works is if the club is looking at others ie Gagai, Bmoz (but those type of signings won't come cheap, especially Gagai, so unlikely to happen anyway so hopefully both will stay

FlameThrower

Bench
Hopefully both as I can't see either attracting big $ by rival clubs, so you'd think we'd be able to table reasonable offers and both are very good players. What may throw a spanner in the works is if the club is looking at others ie Gagai, Bmoz (but those type of signings won't come cheap, especially Gagai, so unlikely to happen anyway so hopefully both will stay
Forget those Morris boys.. I think their best is behind them. Rather stick with Mann and Lafai

Crush

Coach
I think Mann is a natural winger. I would be trying to hang on to him next year but only if he will be a regular starter. They cannot keep dicking Mann around and using him as a utility that only gets limited minutes.
I'd be happy if he had a permanent wing spot next year.

No need to pick one Milne will move on he won't stick around to play reserve grade.

KFFL will be moved on along with Glymin and probably Dodd to.

Bench
It's hard to judge Mann this year because he has not had any real gametime. Lafai on the other hand has been showing us how good he can really be.
At this stage I would rather have Lafai if one has to go.
But I would hope that both can be retained

rasaint

Juniors
I am one of the forum that has stuck up for Lafai even last year.

This year fitter and injury free he is slicing them up like a knife through hot butter. He is one of the top 5 centres in the game.

He should be at the top of the list to sign up.

possm

Coach
Millward has signed Aitken and wants Dugan at right centre with Field at fullback. If we keep Dugan, there will be less opportunity to keep Packer, Lafai and Mann. And although it has been rumoured that Milne has signed with the Tigers, there has been no announcement from our Club.

I think a decision on Dugan has to come soon otherwise we may lose players like Lafai, Mann, Packer and Milne for no good reason.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Mann is a natural winger. I would be trying to hang on to him next year but only if he will be a regular starter. They cannot keep dicking Mann around and using him as a utility that only gets limited minutes.

They dicked Nighty around when The Dell was on 1 wing and that worked out OK. Nighty even played in the forwards for crying out loud. If he likes where he is and wants to fight for a spot which he will eventually get (like NIghty did) he should stay. He is the best of the cheapie utility backs in the market. The longer they take to re-sign him, they higher his price tag will go. If Bellamy saw him as a future half before he left then I would not be surprised if they go in for him.