What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lance Franklin 100 Goal Season Thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
expect him to go walk about again at some stage again

2012 could be the year of the Tommahawk

PaddyBoy

Juniors
expect him to go walk about again at some stage again

2012 could be the year of the Tommahawk

He's a talent, but I'm a Hawks fan (the Hawthorn variety ;-)) so I'm gunning for him to do it again this year, I wasn't a supporter when he did it the first time so I'm hoping he can get one.

andrew057

First Grade
Dont think he'll make 100. Injury and suspension will cost him a few games during the year.

CyberKev

Staff member
Snapping goals across your body, post high from the 50 metre arc... Freakish.

CyberKev

Staff member
Needs to improve his marking.

He's no Travis Cloke, but he still ranks in the top ten for marking, which is not shabby considering this is his "weakness".

The only player in the comp to be in the top ten for inside-50 ball to be won in the air and on the ground.

I also don't think he'll kick the ton FWI.

Hawthorn has worked to diversify its forward holdings over the last couple of years and has good laternative scoring options. The amount of time Franklin spends down the ground will also not be conducive to kicking big and regular bags throughout the year.

Last edited:

spritzer

He's no Travis Cloke, but he still ranks in the top ten for marking, which is not shabby considering this is his "weakness".

The only player in the comp to be in the top ten for inside-50 ball to be won in the air and on the ground.

Hawthorn has worked to diversify its forward holdings over the last couple of years and has good laternative scoring options. The amount of time Franklin spends down the ground will also not be conducive to kicking big and regular bags throughout the year.

I was probably a bit harsh, i actually reckln he will go close to the ton, Hawthorn has a very good, long, strong, deep midfield, he will get the chances, can see him kicking skinfulls against GWS, GC, Melbourne etc.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
I was probably a bit harsh, i actually reckln he will go close to the ton, Hawthorn has a very good, long, strong, deep midfield, he will get the chances, can see him kicking skinfulls against GWS, GC, Melbourne etc.

Would you honestly risk him?

Geez, I figured I'd get trolled less than a "Benny Barba 24 tries" thread but everyones jumping on board. :eek:

I was a bit doubtful myself, but will work myself into state of blind optimism over the next few days, Buddy FTW.

hawker

Juniors

He never does though. Always seems to save the big bagsfor the mid range clubs

meltiger

First Grade

Tend to agree. Spend 100% of time inside attacking 50 and he tons every season but he has done it once pretty much for one of the reasons above - When Tassie are struggling Franklin goes up the ground.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
didn't he play on the wing last season for a few short periods ?

meltiger

First Grade
Plays all over the shop. Has the athleticism to be a decent mid for periods which makes him almost unplayable given height.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he earned one and broke a nail so the umpire gave him another one, although the ump has tried to give him 3 so far