What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Landmark international rights deal with Fox Sports

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/first-nrl-games-live-sky-sports-revealed/

So sky sports will be showing 2 games per week apparently. No pricing or live date for the fox streaming service as yet though. I am torn, want sky as it can give me SL and NRL even if it's only select nrl games but it's a bit steep considering I would watch very little of the other sport on there.

With Foxtel and Disney combining and more of a emphasis on fox sports it would make sense that sky sports would be consumed by fox sports in time. It would be great for both countries to have both SL and Nrl on a single dedicated rl channel with each others spin off shows as well. I think this deal would be quite cheap but hoping to gain momentum in the lead up to the next rlwc where the Nrl and SL should cash in. Both continents should have full access to the others game.

English Rose

Juniors
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/first-nrl-games-live-sky-sports-revealed/

So sky sports will be showing 2 games per week apparently. No pricing or live date for the fox streaming service as yet though. I am torn, want sky as it can give me SL and NRL even if it's only select nrl games but it's a bit steep considering I would watch very little of the other sport on there.

I'm a bit scepticle about this fox steaming service for us in the UK as it is launching on Wednesday in only 3 days time and we still don't have a clue of what the prices are going to be etc! Also can you watch it through a games console like a PS4 because if I have to watch it on my phone I will not be getting it! And if you don't watch it live and you watch the game later it's not going to show the score beforehand is it? All these questions need answering before I sign up!

WellsNZ

Juniors
I'm a bit scepticle about this fox steaming service for us in the UK as it is launching on Wednesday in only 3 days time and we still don't have a clue of what the prices are going to be etc! Also can you watch it through a games console like a PS4 because if I have to watch it on my phone I will not be getting it! And if you don't watch it live and you watch the game later it's not going to show the score beforehand is it? All these questions need answering before I sign up!

You can sign up now and all these things are answered.

You can also trial it for two weeks.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Great value at £125 a year. I don't know.what chromecast is but is there anything to stop me using browser on laptop and running hdmi from it to tv or indeed screen mirror?

WellsNZ

Juniors
Great value at £125 a year. I don't know.what chromecast is but is there anything to stop me using browser on laptop and running hdmi from it to tv or indeed screen mirror?

Chromecast is something that you plug into the hdmi port on your TV to let you stream from a phone/tablet/computer. Pretty cheap and basically let's you do away with the whole run the hdmi cord bit.

But no, nothing to stop you just doing what you mentioned.

App seems good so far but doesn't seem to have new releases of shows like NRL 360 yet?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Ok I am in Singapore and signed up to watchnrl.com today.

Been on watchnrl 1 day and it kills any content that has ever been legally available in the Asian market and it ran like a dream so I am stoked!

It is basically Foxrl channel and replays so the content is above and beyond anything ever offered here...

The previous model here was a thing called Rugbypass which was great as it had all the NRL games plus all the union under 1 price banner. It was an Asian based start up that was trying to do more globally in the streaming market. But more yawnion focused, run by kiwis and poms and rugby is the bigger game here.

They did nrl every game every week incl. the finals and origin. It started very well but the quality degraded over time presumably due to number of subscribers, across the total platform incl ru.

I knew something was funny when the WC was not available but figured that was just down to international rights.

Saw the free subscription offer for a few weeks of watchnrl. Went to rugbypass and asked about what rl they were showing this year as the WCC was on today and they were not showing it. They came back and said they had no nrl this year. I cancelled my subscription.

So f**k rugbypass and get watchnrl is my call...

Latest posts