What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Night's Loss - One of Our Top-Five Worst Ever?

Blair

Coach
We'd have heavy competition for the top-five, no doubt.

However, in the context of our season, last night's loss should make the list. We were favourites, at home, had great momentum going into the game, were playing a side that'd lost 11 straight, we knew how important the win was, we started well, took an early lead...

...yet by half-time it was over, with a good chance our season was as well.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
It would have been if Reynolds didn't come off, I'm quite certain they'd have put 60 on us.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Penrith, 2013. Absolutely no contest. Angriest I have ever been as a Warriors fan. Losing to a coach who should still have been in charge of us, on a wettish night from memory, and our players were smiling and high fiving after the game. I vividly remember my rage.

Having said that, last night was absolute shit. We went on to win the next 5-6 after that Penrith loss, so I would expect some sort of bounce back in NQ next week. If not, I am dead certain our season is R.I.P.

Big Marn

Juniors
the penrith game no doubt
there was a st george game where they were missing like 10 regulars, heaps of debutantes, we were raging hot favourites and they put 50 on us. (from memory)
pretty hard job to sift through all the bad games to find a top 5 though. too many to choose from.

ozbash

Referee
I can't understand last night's game.. we looked unbeatable first 20 odd minutes and then the heads went down.

Everytime I see our defensive line stationary and waiting, the writing is on the wall.

Bunnies had a big pack, yet we persisted in only having 2 forwards on the bench...

Inexcusable really..

spear tackle

Juniors
That Penrith game is definitely top five material , if you go back to the late 90's there were some pretty horrible drubbings as well, I cant remember the year but I do remember one against Norths where Taylor seemed to spend half the game converting tries, the other half was them scoring and us restarting the misery.
Last nights wasn't top five but it'll stick for it being probably the game that will possibly end this season.

We'd have heavy competition for the top-five, no doubt.

However, in the context of our season, last night's loss should make the list. We were favourites, at home, had great momentum going into the game, were playing a side that'd lost 11 straight, we knew how important the win was, we started well, took an early lead...

...yet by half-time it was over, with a good chance our season was as well.
Don't forget we also hadnt lost a game.in regular time since round 11, which was also last time Bunnies won!

This game is so much mentality now days, beat a team last week we had beaten 10/11 times, lost this week to a team we lost last 5 too.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah probably the fifth.

It's good to know that I wasn't alone in thinking there's no way we could lose to Souths. I'm sure there's many more that watched with hope, shock and eventually frusteration.

Penrith, 2013. Absolutely no contest. Angriest I have ever been as a Warriors fan. Losing to a coach who should still have been in charge of us, on a wettish night from memory, and our players were smiling and high fiving after the game. I vividly remember my rage.

Having said that, last night was absolute shit. We went on to win the next 5-6 after that Penrith loss, so I would expect some sort of bounce back in NQ next week. If not, I am dead certain our season is R.I.P.

agreed
drove 2 hours to see that rubbish and was so livid afterwards watching them laugh and joke with elijah and lewis after the game. was filthy
karma struck though with the main 2 culprits seen laughing. tupou was unloaded a few weeks later and benry went down with a season ending injury a few days later if i recall

vvvrulz

Coach
agreed
drove 2 hours to see that rubbish and was so livid afterwards watching them laugh and joke with elijah and lewis after the game. was filthy
karma struck though with the main 2 culprits seen laughing. tupou was unloaded a few weeks later and benry went down with a season ending injury a few days later if i recall

Ironically poor Billy T has his career best run in that very match, ripped past 4-5 Panthers (before losing the pill)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ironically poor Billy T has his career best run in that very match, ripped past 4-5 Panthers (before losing the pill)

Billy T, a poor man's Paddy ah Van. Awful.

What would be our top 5 worst losses? I have a hazy memory at best to the gory years of 04-05 as I was overseas, and before that it's going back too far.

In the last 5 years, certainly the loss to the Panthers. We lost to the Dogs during Origin without 10 guys out at Mt Smart around 08-09 I think, that was an insipid performance. Melbourne this year was pretty mud, as was STG last year.

vvvrulz

Coach
There was one in that horrid 2004 year against a bottom placed Northern Eagles, who pretty much ran rings around us at Mt Smart.

It was a weird day, Stacey was at 6 and I think Brent Webb at 7, Paul Dezolt debuted at 9. I think it was that same game where Tony Martin chased a shocker of a pass, caught it, but slipped over the sideline onto his backside.

Ugh.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah probably the fifth.

It's good to know that I wasn't alone in thinking there's no way we could lose to Souths. I'm sure there's many more that watched with hope, shock and eventually frusteration.

I had a vague suspicion it was coming. After their effort in Melbourne Souths were due. We weren't beaten by a bad side- we were beaten by a side who'd been out of form until the last fortnight who played good footy. Souffs deserve credit for the win, it wasn't solely us dropping the pill.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There was one in that horrid 2004 year against a bottom placed Northern Eagles, who pretty much ran rings around us at Mt Smart.

It was a weird day, Stacey was at 6 and I think Brent Webb at 7, Paul Dezolt debuted at 9. I think it was that same game where Tony Martin chased a shocker of a pass, caught it, but slipped over the sideline onto his backside.

Ugh.

I remember that game. Awful.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I had a vague suspicion it was coming. After their effort in Melbourne Souths were due. We weren't beaten by a bad side- we were beaten by a side who'd been out of form until the last fortnight who played good footy. Souffs deserve credit for the win, it wasn't solely us dropping the pill.
Ahh I didn't catch the Storm Rabbits game prior. I placed Rabbits right next to the Knights as cellar dwellers after watching them throughout the early part of the season.

Quite a few upsets in the weekend.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ahh I didn't catch the Storm Rabbits game prior. I placed Rabbits right next to the Knights as cellar dwellers after watching them throughout the early part of the season.

Quite a few upsets in the weekend.

They were up something like 20-10 at half time and only got run down at the death in golden point. Pretty good effort against the Storm at home, few get that close.

Meth

Staff member
Top 5? Not even close

Panthers a couple of years back was the worst in my opinion.

Melbourne this year was awful.