What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latimore re-signs

He knows when he’s onto a good thing, Mary’s coaching has seen him soar from a below mediocre reserve grader to a JUST below mediocre reserve grader.
At this rate next year he will be just a mediocre reserve grader.

dannyt

Coach
Unequivocal evidence of the job Millward is really doing
Time to rejoice and hail the master recruiter
FMD our club reminds me of the old Moretein add
“When you’re on a good thing stick to it”
Shame they didn’t use the product on the blow flies & cockroaches running the joint.
Latimore 1 more year just laughable.

Depends on his role. I think he could be useful in a squad, but it really depends on the coach.

1. F@#$ing joke if some coach puts him on the bench for firsts while blocking the development of younger players.
2. OK if he plays reserves and the very occasional firsts in time of need- injury, SOO.

Unfortunately, we have option 1.

I know that we need to have a squad of 30 players, but f**k me, Lats is ordinary at best and mediocre at worst.

ISP signing, yes.

First 17 signing, not on your life.

Would have preferred to have kept Sele for another 12 months.And yes, I know Sele is not a front rower.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeh bit of a plodder player with ordinary lateral movement. Runs OK in a straight line with a bit of punch. Fits right in with our tiring team at the back half of each season. Should be playing ISP if we are fed dinkum

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The only positive I can glean from this announcement is that young Sele is still being spoken of as being part of the squad, even for next year, along with Lawrie, Host and Luciano. No mention of the marshmallow man which is good.

getsmarty

Immortal

Latimore re-signs with Dragons
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 16 Aug 2018, 12:00 PM

St George Illawarra front-rower Jeremy Latimore has re-signed with the Dragons for a further season.

The off-contract Latimore has committed to the club until the completion of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The 31-year-old journeyman has played all but one of the Dragons' first grade games in 2018 and has provided valuable influence for the wider squad's younger forwards.

The Port Macquarie Sharks junior has played 159 NRL games to date, with the Parramatta Eels, New Zealand Warriors, Penrith Panthers and Cronulla Sharks among his previous clubs.

"I'm lucky enough to get another year after what's been a pretty good season for myself. I've been pretty happy with my form," Latimore said.

"The body has been good for me this year. I've been lucky to have only missed one game this season. There's plenty of teammates vying for my spot so I can't rest on my laurels.

"Young Blake Lawrie is banging down the door by playing good footy then there's Hame Sele, Jacob Host and even Luciano Leilua who of late has been one of our form players.

"Youth is the future so I'm happy to have and continue to help with their development."

Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward said Latimore's leadership – among a squad with an average age of 24 – was vital in the long run.

"We have been delighted by Jeremy's performances in 2018. He's had a massive influence not only on the field but off it too," Millward said.

"His leadership off the field has helped greatly, and we feel for the next 12 months he'll continue to help with the younger players' development. He's a player who is very much admired by not only the players but the staff and the organisation.

"The fans don't often get to see the influence players like Jeremy have on possessing good habits.

"He's been at different organisations and played many first grade games, so he understands how to get ready for games but also how to influence others to be at their best."

Latimore joins the likes of Cameron McInnes, Matt Dufty, Zac Lomax, Luciano Leilua, Joe Lovodua and Josh Kerr to extend their stay at the Dragons this season.

They will be joined by Brisbane Broncos prop Korbin Sims who signed a three-year deal with the Dragons in July.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/16/latimore-re-signs-with-dragons2/

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons 2018: Latimore earns extension
Dragons Den
r0_0_5184_3456_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

GOING AROUND AGAIN: Jeremy Latimore has earned a one-year contract extension with the Dragons. Picture: Robert Peet

St George Illawarra front-rower Jeremy Latimore has re-signed with the Dragons for a further season, keeping him at his fifth NRL club until the end of 2019.

The 31-year-old journeyman has proven a more than handy bench weapon this season, playing in all but one of his side’s games and said he’s happy to play a role in developing the club’s generation fo forwards.

"I'm lucky enough to get another year after what's been a pretty good season for myself. I've been pretty happy with my form," Latimore said.

"The body has been good for me this year. I've been lucky to have only missed one game this season. There's plenty of teammates vying for my spot so I can't rest on my laurels.

"Young Blake Lawrie is banging down the door by playing good footy then there's Hame Sele, Jacob Host and even Luciano Leilua who of late has been one of our form players.

“Youth is the future so I'm happy to have and continue to help with their development."

Dragons head of recruitment Ian Millward said Latimore's efforts off the park played as big a part as his on-field performances in earning the extension.

"We have been delighted by Jeremy's performances in 2018. He's had a massive influence not only on the field but off it too," Millward said.

"The fans don't often get to see the influence players like Jeremy have in possessing good habits.

“His leadership off the field has helped greatly, and we feel for the next 12 months he'll continue to help with the younger players' development.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5589717/latimore-earns-extension/?cs=3713

Latest posts