What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

So Latrell has been left out of the NSW U18's side which could mean only 3 things:

1. He's injured? Someone please confirm?
2. He banged the coaches daughter.

or

3. He's set for his NRL debut!

Exciting times for the next big thing!

The latter is certainly being discussed.

We are trying to get the NRL to let him play but with Toops apparently not in the SOO side we might not need to.

The latter is certainly being discussed.

We are trying to get the NRL to let him play but with Toops apparently not in the SOO side we might not need to.

Well that sucked asss, he pulled out of the nsw u18 side for a possible 1st grade debut and this happens. Terrible management.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
He's still a chance.

Might get the call up for Elliot.

I don't think he will for 2 reasons...

I am aware the Roosters applied for permission as he is 3 days shy of his 18th Birthday when we play the Warriors, however, if the NRL give permission it would set a dangerous precedent. Where would you draw the line?

Secondly Latrell hasn't even played against men in the NSW cup yet and by all reports he is playing well in the 20s but not setting the comp alight.

I think we won't see him until next year unless there is an injury crisis.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
As much as we want to see him, I'd prefer the safer option and let him get some time in NSW cup first. Robbo knows what he's doing with him. Keep him training around the first grade squad and allow a slow measured integration into the first grade line up.

I'm sure he could handle first grade. Sione Mata'utia was able to do it at the same age and went onto play for Australia - doing good for them as well.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I'm sure he could handle first grade. Sione Mata'utia was able to do it at the same age and went onto play for Australia - doing good for them as well.

He may however, he may not either. Been too many examples of kids having their careers burnt by being brought on too quickly. Especially there would be a lot of pressure on Latrell as there has been a lot of hype about him. He hasn't been exactly killing it in the 20s either. I would love to see him in firsts, don't get me wrong about that but I am not sure he is ready yet.

A lot of good judges who watch the 20s think he is still off the pace based on his performances in the 20s. I'd rather see how he goes for Wyong against men before he plays NRL.

He may however, he may not either. Been too many examples of kids having their careers burnt by being brought on too quickly. Especially there would be a lot of pressure on Latrell as there has been a lot of hype about him. He hasn't been exactly killing it in the 20s either. I would love to see him in firsts, don't get me wrong about that but I am not sure he is ready yet.

A lot of good judges who watch the 20s think he is still off the pace based on his performances in the 20s. I'd rather see how he goes for Wyong against men before he plays NRL.

Sione had how much hype prior to his 1st grade debut. I mean Wayne Bennet, a guy who doesn't usually praise youngsters labelled him as a future great of the game at only 18!

I can't really judge them though, I've never watched Latrell in the 20's and the only time I saw Sione play there was for NSW U20's where he destroyed the QLD right edge. I don't know, Sione cut it pretty easy but maybe he was just a one off.

Latest posts