What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

POPEYE

Coach
Who Hayne and Inglis? Two of the most successful and highly paid fullbacks in the game? Not nimble enough as a fullback is required to be? Lol
You need to visit Budget Specs. Hayne is a lousy 80 minute defender because he can't position himself well enough at Fullback and Inglis turns like the Titanic. Hayne is far too f**king lazy to do what is required and Inglis takes far too long to re-energise

If you think Hayne is a success you're deranged and Bellamy knows Inglis is not a fullback no matter how much you pay him . . . that'll do me

betcats

Referee
Inglis was relatively injury free till moving to fullback for Souths, then he started falling apart. To his toughness he has managed to not actually miss many games through his injuries, although tbh strapping him together and needling him up has undoubtedly caused even more damage.

Yep look at a picture of GI his last year at storm compared to year 1 and 2 at souths, he blew up like a balloon.

Agree what popeye has said about Hayne, the guy peaked at 21, his attitude really held him back.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't think Roberts has ever bested Croker and Croker isn't exactly famous for his defence.

As far as hooking them goes what the heck would robbo hooking Ferguson or SKD do ? Would they suddenly grow a brain next week.

Hawkins

Juniors
I like the bunny ears, he should do them even when he's not scoring.

latrell-mitchell-of-the-roosters-celebrates-scoring-a-try-during-the-picture-id543763960

kbw

Bench
He isn't a fullback. He is a centre, Same as Ingli$, he is a shit fullback but was a great centre.
But Mitchell is still 19 and has a lot of growing to do physically and emotionally.

Wayne's World

First Grade
He has been a lazy piece of shit all year in defence, and 2 weeks in a row now he has shown a complete lack of interest in taking any runs out of our own end.

I'm glad Robbo hooked him. Kid needs a firm kick up the ass

Well why don't they play him at fullback if his defence is so bad.

Charlie124

First Grade
The only thing hard to defend about James Roberts is his spot in the donkey's backline. Fast garbage is still garbage.

Danish

Referee
Well why don't they play him at fullback if his defence is so bad.

Fullback is the post important defensive position on the field. Teams that try to "hide" a shitty defender - especially a lazy one - back there get found out regularly.

You can't have a bloke who doesn't even know where he should position himself running the entire defensive line.

He'll make a terrific centre once he pulls his finger out and ups his workload. Hopefully the benching on the weekend helps to speed up that process.

POPEYE

Coach
Fullback is the post important defensive position on the field. Teams that try to "hide" a shitty defender - especially a lazy one - back there get found out regularly.

You can't have a bloke who doesn't even know where he should position himself running the entire defensive line.

He'll make a terrific centre once he pulls his finger out and ups his workload. Hopefully the benching on the weekend helps to speed up that process.
Be careful Danish, WW could've only been taking the piss . . . don't let your desire to explain be thwarted by evil satirists pretending to be f**kwits

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Hooking latrell was a great move, it offers him a lesdon and he was pissed so the reaction was on point.

There was no point in robbo hooking SKD, Fergo or any of the other plodders. The lesson wouldn't be the same as effort wasn't their issue (geniusation was) and would probably make them go worse next week.

As for positioning, he is a centre and that's where he will be staying for at least the next 5 years

I like the bunny ears, he should do them even when he's not scoring.

latrell-mitchell-of-the-roosters-celebrates-scoring-a-try-during-the-picture-id543763960

He's king of the kids at my sons' school. Every time they score a try, they're all doing bunny earring.

And who says footy players don't influence kids. Thanks to Mick Cronin, I still use my heel to kick divets in the oval and toe poke the ball for goal giving me f*!*ed up ankles and toes LOL!

hardbaby

Coach
Hard to believe with SKD trying to make a trademark of 'SKD Moment' and Fergo channelling the ghost of Shannon Hegarty that it was Latrell to be the one hooked
Agree it was inept from many players but Mitchell was lazy and stupid all game. I think he was hooked for his attitude.