What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lay of the land

Vozzy

Juniors
I think it's essential that we sign 2-3 more forwards and a half that can kick goals have a crack at widdop/Johnson. Johnson has played under Cleary may be able to lure him.

Tiger05

First Grade
But when it's less than his previous contract, that's a step in the right direction. That's what I meant. Previous management were probably offering Brooks 800k+ would you have rathered that?

The salary cap goes up next year too, so realistically that 550k might b worth a 400k in the current ones. Think

I'm okay with Brooks contract. It might work out however let's be honest Brooks has gotten a very good deal here.

Put it this way it's a step in the right direction and he at least made the right decision quickly.

BrotherJim05

Bench
This is why we need to pay overs for Tedesco:

If Cleary can get Brooks back to his best then 550k will be unders

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I think we will only end up with Brooks of the four we were chasing and I can live with that if he wants to be with us. If the others don't we can use their money on other players.

When I watched the Dragons game I thought to myself the Dragon are a pretty average team but they played hard and for each other. On paper we were as good as them but played like pussies. I think if Cleary is given the chance to use the money we save on the other three we can build a pretty strong team of committed players who will go hard and not be princesses.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This is why we need to pay overs for Tedesco:

If Cleary can get Brooks back to his best then 550k will be unders
Cleary must b very confident he can improve him.I expect him to assemble a team/squad that will give Brooks every opportunity to finally realise his potential.

The one trait Brooks does seem to have that the other 3 parrots of the grub Isaac don't have is humility.He has been very ordinary for us as a player but geez I hope Ivan can miraculously turn his form around.

I'm hoping that if Ivan allows the lowlife wanka who parra have signed to b released after we play them over Easter that it's conditional on them giving us Gutherson who can competently play anywhere in the backs & is a goal kicker.

The only problem is that while we are still beholden to the NRL for the loan we took they get to choose the chair of the board. They are more interested in placing someone in this position who ticks off a diversity box than someone who can lead a divided board away from self interest and 17 year old grudges into a group of people with the singular goal of achieving success. We must somehow come together and pay back the NRL and get them away from making decisions for the club. We need someone like Gould to re-organise our finances as he did at Penrith when they were just about broke. Until this happens I think we will continue to have the same problems we always seem to have however with generational animosity on the board even if the finances are improved we'll more likely resemble Parra than Penrith. Hopefully we can vote in people who realise the Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies are gone the way of the dodo and we all now support the Wests Tigers.

I'm glad Moses is gone. I wouldn't have wanted to keep him for $1 let alone a million. If he put as much time into his game as he does trying to milk penalties, berating his team mates, and niggling the refs and opposition players he'd be a very good first grader and possibly something even more. The last couple of weeks have shown he can only play one side of the field and on that side nothing above ordinary. He is not an organiser. His whole brief career he has shown no signs of being a competent defender. The tigers in their statement about Moses did not contradict media reports of the $1mil per year deal. I can only assume they made this offer or are being 'the bigger man' by not commenting on it. Past history would lead me towards thinking they made this ridiculous offer to him.

I'll give Woods and Tedesco a pass on what they said for the time being. They have had this player manager around them since they were about 16. He has ingratiated himself into their lives telling them time and again he is looking after their best interests when everyone else can see that he's only interested in skimming his 10% or whatever off their hard labour. The flip side is if player managers were banned we would be talking 'grubby' clubs who see players not as employees but as tools to be used. Damned if you do damned if you don't. That's not to say as a supporter I haven't taken offence at what they've said in the media this week. I have. If they re-sign with us I can move forward with no hard feelings. At the end of the day they haven't asked for immediate releases. I would like to see them take accountability though.

I have all the faith in the world in Cleary. Anyone who can take the Warriors to a GF and have them playing finals more often than not is a very good coach. He's also proven at mentoring young players and getting them to perform and make finals while the club was struggling financially. Winning starts at the front office as Vince Lombardi once said and this will be our greatest challenge. Please Wests Tigers board, give Cleary everything he wants and stay out of his way!

Tiger Ted

Bench
The only problem is that while we are still beholden to the NRL for the loan we took they get to choose the chair of the board. They are more interested in placing someone in this position who ticks off a diversity box than someone who can lead a divided board away from self interest and 17 year old grudges into a group of people with the singular goal of achieving success. We must somehow come together and pay back the NRL and get them away from making decisions for the club. We need someone like Gould to re-organise our finances as he did at Penrith when they were just about broke. Until this happens I think we will continue to have the same problems we always seem to have however with generational animosity on the board even if the finances are improved we'll more likely resemble Parra than Penrith. Hopefully we can vote in people who realise the Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies are gone the way of the dodo and we all now support the Wests Tigers.

I'm glad Moses is gone. I wouldn't have wanted to keep him for $1 let alone a million. If he put as much time into his game as he does trying to milk penalties, berating his team mates, and niggling the refs and opposition players he'd be a very good first grader and possibly something even more. The last couple of weeks have shown he can only play one side of the field and on that side nothing above ordinary. He is not an organiser. His whole brief career he has shown no signs of being a competent defender. The tigers in their statement about Moses did not contradict media reports of the $1mil per year deal. I can only assume they made this offer or are being 'the bigger man' by not commenting on it. Past history would lead me towards thinking they made this ridiculous offer to him.

I'll give Woods and Tedesco a pass on what they said for the time being. They have had this player manager around them since they were about 16. He has ingratiated himself into their lives telling them time and again he is looking after their best interests when everyone else can see that he's only interested in skimming his 10% or whatever off their hard labour. The flip side is if player managers were banned we would be talking 'grubby' clubs who see players not as employees but as tools to be used. Damned if you do damned if you don't. That's not to say as a supporter I haven't taken offence at what they've said in the media this week. I have. If they re-sign with us I can move forward with no hard feelings. At the end of the day they haven't asked for immediate releases. I would like to see them take accountability though.

I have all the faith in the world in Cleary. Anyone who can take the Warriors to a GF and have them playing finals more often than not is a very good coach. He's also proven at mentoring young players and getting them to perform and make finals while the club was struggling financially. Winning starts at the front office as Vince Lombardi once said and this will be our greatest challenge. Please Wests Tigers board, give Cleary everything he wants and stay out of his way!
Hear Hear def of madness.U summed up our situation perfectly.

Clifferd

Coach
Cleary must b very confident he can improve him.I expect him to assemble a team/squad that will give Brooks every opportunity to finally realise his potential.

The one trait Brooks does seem to have that the other 3 parrots of the grub Isaac don't have is humility.He has been very ordinary for us as a player but geez I hope Ivan can miraculously turn his form around.

I'm hoping that if Ivan allows the lowlife wanka who parra have signed to b released after we play them over Easter that it's conditional on them giving us Gutherson who can competently play anywhere in the backs & is a goal kicker.

You'll also be pleased to know grace jones aka turn style in defense kevvy Naiqama is already being shopped around in super league in England. He's not in Ivans plans for next year

Ivan really does not rate him and it's a shame it's taken us as a club 3 years to realise that. He may even be dropped to reserves after 2 games with him as head coach

Just keeps ticking the boxes

Tiger Ted

Bench
You'll also be pleased to know grace jones aka turn style in defense kevvy Naiqama is already being shopped around in super league in England. He's not in Ivans plans for next year

Ivan really does not rate him and it's a shame it's taken us as a club 3 years to realise that. He may even be dropped to reserves after 2 games with him as head coach

Finally we have someone with delegator powers who has a huge rugby league IQ.

What I'm loving is how the arrival of Ivan has emasculated the grub Isaac re any future dealings with our club !!

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Yes Clifferd.
Wasnt Grace being shopped around last year though?
But this year his contract is up,so bye bye Gracey.
This should have happened 2 years ago though......worst defender in comp ,and include Maloney and Moses with him as turnstiles....PS.......didnt take you long to join the "Grace Jones" club i see.

I cant believe Kev still gets picked each week,the sooner him and Moses high tail it out of the WT the better our defence will be.
Regarding Ivan its looks like he is putting a stop to the club being held to ransom by players and managers which is a smart move.

Clifferd

Coach
Yes Clifferd.
Wasnt Grace being shopped around last year though?
But this year his contract is up,so bye bye Gracey.
This should have happened 2 years ago though......worst defender in comp ,and include Maloney and Moses with him as turnstiles....PS.......didnt take you long to join the "Grace Jones" club i see.

If he was bein shopped around I doubt he would've kept being picked in grade tbh

But for next year he "apparently" wants to play in ESL with his brother..which imo is just a cover up with Cleary wanting him gone

Hahah I looked up who it was last night and couldn't deal. Good stuff

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be surprised if Naiqama gets snared by a Superleague side. He's been shopped over there for two years now with zero bites.

We'll just have to let his contract wind down and then don't sign him.

He'll get a gig in Union though.

simmo05

Bench
Ha was wondering what all this grace jones stuff was, first image comes up on google just about wet myself:joy::joy: