What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League in the USA

Funny how I keep getting called a troll because I speak the truth.

You yanks are very sensitive. All I originally done was point out some very liberal crowd counting over there. Other people agree and said it happened at the World Cup games.

I predict that Wollongong vs Jacksonville will get about 200 people, about the same as it would get over here actually, so I suppose that it isn't that bad!

Like I said before, The US would get alot more credability if it spoke the truth. Dont say its Australia vs Jacksonville when its not, and dont say there is 2500 when there wasn't.

Then people may start believing some of the stuff that goes on over there.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

You yanks are very sensitive. All I originally done was point out some very liberal crowd counting over there. Other people agree and said it happened at the World Cup games.

I predict that Wollongong vs Jacksonville will get about 200 people, about the same as it would get over here actually, so I suppose that it isn't that bad!

Like I said before, The US would get alot more credability if it spoke the truth. Dont say its Australia vs Jacksonville when its not, and dont say there is 2500 when there wasn't.

You know what was funniest, it took you 10 minutes to post that :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

The troof eh?

We are not all yanks, this site just happens to be Australian.

Btw, when people post pics and videos plus live streams where you can see people, usually that means they are speaking the truth.

Helensburgh is not Wollongong, walk into a pub there and tell them they are and see what happens ;-)

200 is still 150 more than club rugby union gets out here.

Hmmm, I've looked at the axemen site and it clearly mentions Australia, but it also mentions Helensburgh, I guess to some one with brains, it's a club side, I'd also think when the UK mob has Police mentioned, it doesn't mean GBI does it?

You are a troll, and as far as I'm concerned, you'll be treated as one because it's funny, and the more you post, the more hits LU's North American forum receives :D

Keep up the good work troof.

I was confused when I saw the USA was playing Australia and England (as they are currently in the Four Nations)
Had a good laugh when I found out that Australia was a team from Wollongong and England was the cops!
Watch for more fake crowds from the USA as well!

Where are you from bro, You dont have any Signature. I want to start a fundraiser to buy you a plane ticket to Jax so you can see the crowd for yourself. It seems you cant count past your fingers and toes, as evidence from your constant non-sense when parra posts up photos of the 2k plus crowd.

Also something that is also very logical. Do you think that the Axemen would have the funds to play in the USARL if they were not able to attract 2K plus fans a game?
It costs them at least 8K for travel to there away games, not including the cost of food or transport. They wouldnt be able to get money from sponsors if they only had 200 ppl in there crowd. Thats how teams work, you get fans to a game then sponsors give you money. If sponsors give you money and fans dont come to your games then you dont exist next season.

Very simple concepts here.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Ignore ISTT. He is another union loving wankstain troll. Shits me no end that the mods don't flame these pricks and leave this section free of the scum that can be found in most of the other forums here.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Can someone please post 2 maps with the USA.

One with the USARL teams locations on it and one with the AMNRL teams locations on it.

I would be interested in seeing it as someone with a very poor grasp on USA geography.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Can someone please post 2 maps with the USA.

One with the USARL teams locations on it and one with the AMNRL teams locations on it.

I would be interested in seeing it as someone with a very poor grasp on USA geography.
Pretty difficult really given that we don't know the make-up of the leagues, or even if the AMNRL will exist at all next year.

U are an inchworm

spinnerhowland

Juniors
All is good guys - we have made it pretty clear to everyone that the teams are the British Police and the Helensburg Tigers and anyone with half a brain in the game globally gets it. The local USA fans here in Jacksonville love the fact that teams from AUSTRALIA and the UK are coming to play again. They are also very aware of the economic impact the game has in our city now. About 30 hotels rooms for about 10 days, plus players and visiting fans eating, drinking, renting cars, buying gas, seeing local attractions, it all adds up to a few bucks here into the local businesses.
AND AS ALWAYS - we will stream all three games LIVE on the internet, post photos of the game AND THE CROWD for all to see.
And for those who are interested, the split on crowds in JAX is usually about 20% pre-purchase and 80% will walk up and pay at the gate. Here are the numbers to date
- I have sold and mailed out 270 tickets for the Atlantic Cup
- We have given away about 200 with contests, on the Radio Show I co-host, at various promotional events, etc
- We will give out about 100 to each team so they can invite people they meet along to the games
Based on that we expect about
- 1500 to game one
- maybe only 350 to game 2 as it is the game the Axemen do not play and it is the eve of Thanksgiving in the USA (Of course we are pushing the fact that everyone has the next day off and we have REALLY CHEAP BEER
- About 1500 at game three - we would get more but the Florida Gator play the Uni of Florida (Seminoles) in the annual College Football game that day and that will draw about 80,000 fans in Gainesville and quite a few will be from JAX.

You could almost get the impressing that we put a bit of time into understanding our region and our local marketing to do the best we can with it huh? We are aware of all the events going on around us, we are aware of the challenges and we also understand how to get the best out of what we have to promote these games in the budget we have.
Over all we are hoping for a minimum of 3500 fans thru the gate between all three games. Once the teams arrive they are HUGE in handing our flyers to everyone they meet.
Thank you to everyone who supports the Axemen and the USA Rugby League in the events we host to try and progress Rugby League. Even you "Speaks the Troof" by talking about us you are keeping us very much in the topic. (I have my suspisions that you may not live as far away as you claim too either - funny how people use certain grammatical terms that become somewhat of a giveaway as to who they really are)
GO THE RUGBY LEAGUE ATLANTIC CUP!!!!

Lone Ranger

Juniors
3,500 - That's more than the USA vs Ireland, all 3 World Cup qualifier games and attendance for all 2011 AMNRL games. This coupled with the fact that Axemen players weren't flown in from around the world to ensure a victory!

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Pretty difficult really given that we don't know the make-up of the leagues, or even if the AMNRL will exist at all next year.

The year is still 2011.

If anyone can do this using 2011 structures, that would help out a lot.

Rampart66

Juniors
Here are maps of active clubs in the two main leagues. This includes only clubs that were included in the main standings and does not include clubs that did not participate in a full schedule (i.e. development teams).

USARL-Map-1.jpg

AMNRL-map.jpg

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
I thought the Raiders were more upstate NY. Anyway, all the teams except Jacksonville are in the Bos-wash area.

What the map doesn't show is the comparitive weakness of AMNRL clubs compared to the USARL (with the exception of Oneida which is really "reserve grade" Boston 13s). And that within the Bos-wash the USARL has a better spread of clubs in the main markets. And that the USARL clubs have stronger depth, like the community/junior structures at Jacksonville.

If there is to be a growing comp in the US, there won't be room for Bucks County, Aston, Philladelphia and Delaware. Better if there was one really strong team there than 4 comparatively weak ones.

I hope that next year they can add Pittsburgh to the USARL in place of Oneida, and that the AMNRL evolves into a "reserve" or "development" grade comp.

Last edited:

DINGb@T

Juniors
I thought the Raiders were more upstate NY. Anyway, all the teams except Jacksonville are in the Bos-wash area.

What the map doesn't show is the comparitive weakness of AMNRL clubs compared to the USARL (with the exception of Oneida which is really "reserve grade" Boston 13s). And that within the Bos-wash the USARL has a better spread of clubs in the main markets. And that the USARL clubs have stronger depth, like the community/junior structures at Jacksonville.

If there is to be a growing comp in the US, there won't be room for Bucks County, Aston, Philladelphia and Delaware. Better if there was one really strong team there than 4 comparatively weak ones.

I hope that next year they can add Pittsburgh to the USARL in place of Oneida, and that the AMNRL evolves into a "reserve" or "development" grade comp.

I dunno if we can judge either comp after one year. The split happened pretty late the year before so with a season under their belts both comps could be very different going into next year.

Also, I find the Bucks/Aston/Fight/Delaware proximity to be a good thing. Ideally you'd want that sort of density in every major League area. Especially in high population centres like New York city. You could fit a dozen teams in there and barely scratch the surface.

Going by the current map the Bucks/Fight/Aston/Delaware area would have to be the League hotbed of the US.

PS great map Rampart. Thanks.

You can make those claims all you want but there is a reason the AMNRL is played during the summer. If it tried playing during the winter, it would cease to exist.

The Fight Club has no appeal to me. Rather than having a discussion/debate, you simply get called a turd and "gay". Sorry, but that doesn't cut it.

Rebellion AYRLA and USAR Making an Impact On Providence Schools http://bit.ly/rBexFg

Skip to content
Home
Clubs
News
Schedule
Results
Sponsors
About
NEWS

Youth Rugby League making an impact in New England schools
November 15, 2011
With 56 middle schools kids playing Flag rugby league for the first time, the USARL’s American Youth Rugby League Association (AYRLA) has already captured the interest of local officials and other community groups.

While only midway through the 10 week program, initial feedback has seen groups like the Providence After School Alliance’s HUB and the Institute for Non- Violence discuss co-partnerships with AYRLA to involve work with programs that expand beyond Flag Rugby League. Plans are in the works to include local youths in coaching programs with the AYRLA via the USA Rugby League and also match officiating programs with NAMOA.

AYRLA kids will also participate in a current raiser to the British Royal Marines vs New England Immortals hosted by the Rhode Island Rebellion (comprised of USARL New England teams) on April 27th.

Lawrence Almagno, Director of USA Rugby League’s Club & Youth Development program AYRLA , CEO of the RI Rebellion and Current Roger Williams University Law Student commented, “What we have accomplished in the past 6 weeks has been incredible. With 100% enrollment from the middle schools we now have waiting list for new kids to join through word of mouth.” He continued, “The Rebellion brand is celebrating tremendous support in the local community and as a result we are now part of discussions for making Rugby League part of the culture for local high school aged youth.”

The Rhode Island Sports commission, which is tied into the Tourism Council of Rhode Island is also backing the Rebellion to host the 2012 British Royal Marines and the USARL Grand Final by offering access to stadiums, facilities, PR and hotels.

Special thanks go out to Rugby Imports who donated team t-shirts and Chris Palombo who has generously donated a ball for each kid playing. If you are interested in supporting or sponsoring a local school, please contact Lawrence Almagno

To learm more about the AYRLA program, please visit the AYRLA Blog / Website

TO VISIT THE SITE CLICK HERE