What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lebanon to use players from their own comp in World cup

Pommy

Coach
How is it disrespectful?.. omg. England... Chris McQueen... do you think the 20 thousands that will come and see them play in Sydney are flying from Lebanon? They grew up in Sydney so why are they cheering for Lebanon?

It's a recent migration. Not 1770 you spastic .

Chris McQueen is 29 his dad is English and the first fleet arrived in 1788.

Because they are cheering Australian Lebanese just like themselves? Perhaps there would be more people coming from Lebanon if there were actual Lebanese people in the side?

You seem to be great at making yourself look like a total cretin.

Golden point

Juniors
Chris McQueen is 29 his dad is English and the first fleet arrived in 1788.

Because they are cheering Australian Lebanese just like themselves? Perhaps there would be more people coming from Lebanon if there were actual Lebanese people in the side?

You seem to be great at making yourself look like a total cretin.
O it's Australian Lebanese now...

Golden point

Juniors
Yeah not actual Lebanese like those you don't want to see playing for Lebanon.

Like I'm not a f**king African despite my ancestors having come from there.
This whole conversation is probably a waste of time. I think they will back away from the idea once reality sinks in that it is a safety concern.
Yeah not actual Lebanese like those you don't want to see playing for Lebanon.

Like I'm not a f**king African despite my ancestors having come from there.
I don't suppose you know how rugby league came to be in Lebanon?
Might have been started by some of these Australian Lebanese you think have no place in the Lebanese Team.

They might of beaten France a few times too.
Hmmm could the success of these Australian Lebanese be responsible the growth of the game there??
So they traveled back to Lebanon and started a comp?
But you said they don't care about Lebanon..
So could more success lead to more growth??

Pommy

Coach
This whole conversation is probably a waste of time. I think they will back away from the idea once reality sinks in that it is a safety concern.

I don't suppose you know how rugby league came to be in Lebanon?
Might have been started by some of these Australian Lebanese you think have no place in the Lebanese Team.

They might of beaten France a few times too.
Hmmm could the success of these Australian Lebanese be responsible the growth of the game there??
So they traveled back to Lebanon and started a comp?
But you said they don't care about Lebanon..
So could more success lead to more growth??

I don't think there's no place for Australian Lebanese in the side I just don't think it's outrageous to expect some actual Lebanese in the side also.
I know how and why the Lebanese side came about. Seen as the English introduced Australia to the game should we just stack the Ozzie side with B grade English players, would that be good for the game?
They don't care about Lebanon I could guarantee if RL had rules like FIFA you wouldn't get any young Aussie Lebanese playing for them. They wouldn't bother until they were guaranteed not to get a kangaroos call up I'm sure.

Golden point

Juniors
I don't think there's no place for Australian Lebanese in the side I just don't think it's outrageous to expect some actual Lebanese in the side also.
I know how and why the Lebanese side came about. Seen as the English introduced Australia to the game should we just stack the Ozzie side with B grade English players, would that be good for the game?
They don't care about Lebanon I could guarantee if RL had rules like FIFA you wouldn't get any young Aussie Lebanese playing for them. They wouldn't bother until they were guaranteed not to get a kangaroos call up I'm sure.
I think it would be fantastic to have some Lebanese from Lebanon. I think with a successful campaign we might get to that point naturally. It's just not there yet. This is trying to force evolution.

Pommy

Coach
I think it would be fantastic to have some Lebanese from Lebanon. I think with a successful campaign we might get to that point naturally. It's just not there yet. This is trying to force evolution.

I've got a friend who has an 18 year old second generation Aussie Lebanese kid, how long until there's a significant reduction in eligible Australians?

What about Mitchell mosses?

You are right. I forgot about him. Lebanon would have a very strong spine and potentially could have a good team if they can find a reasonable pack of forwards.

FB: Reece Robinson

CE:Josh Mansour, Travis Robinson

FE: Mitchell Moses
HB: Robbie Farah

PR: Tim Mannah,
HK: Michael Lichaa

Last edited:

Golden point

Juniors
You are right. I forgot about him. Lebanon would have a very strong spine and potentially could have a good team if they can find a reasonable pack of forwards.

FB: Reece Robinson

CE:Josh Mansour, Travis Robinson

FE: Mitchell Moses
HB: Robbie Farah

PR: Tim Mannah,
HK: Michael Lichaa
They will probably fill most of the rest with NSW cup. Those guys always stand up because its their big chance to impress going to be a great side. I think they will beat France but Brad fitler? Will he take it seriously?

___

Juniors
Isn't Reece Robinson playing union at the moment?
I don't know how accurate this is, but I heard he'll be returning to the NRL in time for the World Cup. Don't quote me on that, just saying. Probably a similar thing to what Sam Burgess did with the Rugby.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I heard he'll be returning to the NRL in time for the World Cup. Don't quote me on that, just saying. Probably a similar thing to what Sam Burgess did with the Rugby.

You are correct. I heard him say the same thing. He wants to come back to rugby league -- surely Newcastle would want him -- and to play for Lebanon in the World Cup.

Latest posts