What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

BennyV

Referee
At the expense of??
Starting Ah Mau in place of Graham is not the worst idea. We don’t lose anything from our big starts but we’d likely gain further drive, linespeed and leadership at the back of the first half and when JDB has a break.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Could LAM be just like Lafai, plays like a champion when the contracts are up. I appreciate he has been good and will wait and see how he goes once the ink is dry on his new deal if at happens.

Old Timer

Coach
Could LAM be just like Lafai, plays like a champion when the contracts are up. I appreciate he has been good and will wait and see how he goes once the ink is dry on his new deal if at happens.
Haven you been watching for the last 2 years?
LAM has been playing very well for at least that amount of time so the suggestion his good form is contract driven is absurd.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
Fair call. I think there is a fair bit of life left in Graham before that becomes an option though.
It’s not a knock on Graham at all. It’s 2018 and you have a Top 17 these days, not a Top 13 + 4 reserves and the coaches who recognise this have an immediate advantage over those who don’t, and there’s plenty of cases of this over the years - Graham himself started off the bench for a long portion of 2012-2015 in order to save an interchange and maintain intensity through the game.

SEAT 1A

Bench
If we don’t sign him the the roosters will come running with an opened cheque book. They desperately need someone like him up front

Ditto BNE.

Did he come from Nth QLD?

Big thumps up to the recruitment team back then.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Starting Ah Mau in place of Graham is not the worst idea. We don’t lose anything from our big starts but we’d likely gain further drive, linespeed and leadership at the back of the first half and when JDB has a break.
IMO with Sims starting it just limits us and we will be found out if it continues.
If Sims is on the bench and comes on around the time JDB and / or Graham go off we get far better balance.
If Sims is to continue starting then Graham to bench and LAM starting is a highly plausible option and does address some of that imbalance.

mobels

Juniors
Considering he was excellent all last year, player of the year in 2015 and didn't let the team down what so ever in 2016.

I'd say he's not like that what so ever.

BennyV

Referee
IMO with Sims starting it just limits us and we will be found out if it continues.
If Sims is on the bench and comes on around the time JDB and / or Graham go off we get far better balance.
If Sims is to continue starting then Graham to bench and LAM starting is a highly plausible option and does address some of that imbalance.
Indeed - Sims as our impact prop off the bench, with Host starting on the edge, is the best fit for our team.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Haven you been watching for the last 2 years?
LAM has been playing very well for at least that amount of time so the suggestion his good form is contract driven is absurd.
Are you trying to tell me that he hasn't played shitloads better this year so far?? Go back and watch some videos!

Life's Good

Coach
It’s not a knock on Graham at all. It’s 2018 and you have a Top 17 these days, not a Top 13 + 4 reserves and the coaches who recognise this have an immediate advantage over those who don’t, and there’s plenty of cases of this over the years - Graham himself started off the bench for a long portion of 2012-2015 in order to save an interchange and maintain intensity through the game.
Definitely didn’t see it as a knock. It’s probably a way of maintaining the impact we get out of Graham over the next 18 months.
Just gotta hope the coach uses the bench to manage it accordingly.

Old Timer

Coach
Are you trying to tell me that he hasn't played shitloads better this year so far?? Go back and watch some videos!
No that's not what I am saying nor was it your original question.
I suggested that the notion that he is playing well because of his contract being due (as per your Lafai reference) is incorrect.
I said he has played well for at least the last 2 years and on that basis is already worth a contract extension.
If you are now asking do I think he has gone to a higher level so far this year, then the answer to that is yes, but I deemed him already worthy of a contract extension so this year is just icing on the cake.