What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

possm

Coach
Ah Mau has found his role and performing it perfectly; he is a very import part of our squad this year. It's amazing how some players can lift in the seasns prior to contract extension decisions. Just the same, it would be a real shame if he left the Dragons at season's end.

Gareth67

First Grade
I must mention Leeson's " don't argue with me , and while your at it get out of my bluudy way ! " on Tohu Harris . A classic case of an old dog showing a pup some new tricks - oooooch , did that hurt Tohu ? ?

No wonder clubs are vying for his signature , hard as teak , a good old fashioned front row forward , let's hope that we can find the money to resign the man .

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
700K a season for Ah Mau sound like overs to me.

Paulo just signed a 4 year contract with Parra for 700K a season.

I am of the firm belief that we do need 4 good props on our roster, so that when our starting ones are replaced mid game, we don't lose anything. I think we need at least another decent prop on our roster after the 4 good ones, to cover in case of injuries or suspensions.

Good props are a vital commodity these days.

I still say we should sign Pangai.
It's way overs sorry, Packer was let go for similar wasn't he and he is a genuine starter.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
This is inaccurate. He has built on his form every season since he got past price f**king him around on the edge.
No it is not inaccurate, he is playing 3 times better this year than last. I have never in past years had the thought ' I wish Leeson would come on, we need something' as I have this year. Have you?

watatank

Coach
Ah Mau is basically averaging the same amount of runs and run metres as he did last year, with less tackles. He just seems more impressive this year because of a couple of 'don't argues'

SBD82

Coach
Ah Mau is basically averaging the same amount of runs and run metres as he did last year, with less tackles. He just seems more impressive this year because of a couple of 'don't argues'
He's also averaging those run metres in less game time.

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that coming off the bench instead of playing big minutes and then having a break and finally thrown back into the fray again is what the difference has been .
Before Packer and Vaughan came along Ah Mau was in the game for almost the full 80 minutes , but now with Graham and Vaughan as the starting props , young Leeson charges off the bench like a freight train that had gone off the tracks ( more or less ) .
The most important point is that it is the Dragons who are finally pushing other packs around the park .

SEAT 1A

Bench
I believe that coming off the bench instead of playing big minutes and then having a break and finally thrown back into the fray again is what the difference has been .
Before Packer and Vaughan came along Ah Mau was in the game for almost the full 80 minutes , but now with Graham and Vaughan as the starting props , young Leeson charges off the bench like a freight train that had gone off the tracks ( more or less ) .
The most important point is that it is the Dragons who are finally pushing other packs around the park .

It's a great luxury to have. If another club offers him a run on spot, he is gone and good luck to him to be fair.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ah Mau has found his role and performing it perfectly; he is a very import part of our squad this year. It's amazing how some players can lift in the seasns prior to contract extension decisions. Just the same, it would be a real shame if he left the Dragons at season's end.

Yeah..... hope he doesn’t do a ‘Packer’!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If we lose Leeson Ah Mau we are doomed as our forward stocks are low.
Ian Millward needs to get off his backside and recruit solid forwards to replace Packer, Thompson, Hind and probably Ah Mau. Graham is probably a year off retirement and Dufty needs to be retained. We also need some pacey centres/wingers as the stocks are low. The ISP backs are unimpressive apart from Lomax.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
If we lose Leeson Ah Mau we are doomed as our forward stocks are low.
Ian Millward needs to get off his backside and recruit solid forwards to replace Packer, Thompson, Hind and probably Ah Mau. Graham is probably a year off retirement and Dufty needs to be retained. We also need some pacey centres/wingers as the stocks are low. The ISP backs are unimpressive apart from Lomax.
that's why a premiership this year is massive

Dragonscales

Juniors
Ah Mau has been outstanding since 2015.

It''s just taken a dominant pack around him that has made everyone realise how good he is.

2015 Dragons player of the year.

Latest posts