What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

jaseg

Juniors
Good stuff. I remember being disappointed that we didn't get/go in for him (2 years ago?) when he signed his last contract - and he's continued to get better since then. Addresses a need.

sup42

Juniors
Good stuff. I remember being disappointed that we didn't get/go in for him (2 years ago?) when he signed his last contract - and he's continued to get better since then. Addresses a need.
We did chase him and got turned down.
My how it has changed since we became a top four NRL side.

He is a cheap pick up compared to what we have paid for (I want to say similar players...but top Props just dont come here in their prime) so yeah there is no comparison to this deal than at any other time for the Warriors.

Best deal we have ever pulled off.

So that ends our big signings we are at full Cap.

Very happy for Kearney....he has a formidable pack for next year which is when they will need it most.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Happy. Good quality prop. Definitely a Kearney player with his hard aggressive attitude.

I assume us being right up close to our cap includes money set aside for potential re-signings of Luke, Mannering, Maumalo?

Nobody else off contract who would command more than minimum wage I would say.

jaseg

Juniors
He is a cheap pick up compared to what we have paid for (I want to say similar players...but top Props just dont come here in their prime) so yeah there is no comparison to this deal than at any other time for the Warriors.

Best deal we have ever pulled off.

Wait... what? You're not serious, right? Or just forgetting that Steve Price bloke? Or only talking about value? (In which case I'd still argue Price... he was worth his weight in gold)

Anyway, that's all I wanted. He was the best prop on the market this year (experienced prop, anyway - Tevita Pangai looks pretty great, but more expensive, not a finished product - how many promising young props do we have already? - and likely not interested in us anyway), and anyone that might come on later is unlikely to be both as good/better and a real option for coming here over a Sydney based team (thinking mainly of Klemmer here). A nice case of needs, quality and available lining up.

Vete is contracted for next year. Mannering I'm expecting to retire. Luke I assume they have budgeted for - I doubt he's getting much of a pay rise after the past 2 years.

sup42

Juniors
Wait... what? You're not serious, right? Or just forgetting that Steve Price bloke? Or only talking about value? (In which case I'd still argue Price... he was worth his weight in gold)

Anyway, that's all I wanted. He was the best prop on the market this year (experienced prop, anyway - Tevita Pangai looks pretty great, but more expensive, not a sure thing - how many promising young props do we have already? - and likely not interested in us anyway), and anyone that might come on later is unlikely to be both as good/better and a real option for coming here over a Sydney based team (thinking mainly of Klemmer here). A nice case of needs, quality and available lining up.

Vete is contracted for next year. Mannering I'm expecting to retire. Luke I assume they have budgeted for - I doubt he's getting much of a pay rise after the past 2 years.
I am talking about the Deal.
Price and Wiki blew the Cap out.

Ah Mau is a top NRL forward though.

Actually Campion when I think about it was the best Value ever, I stand corrected.

sup42

Juniors
Good bye Vete and Mannering???
Certainly bye Simon unless he wants to play for a slice of his well speculated three quaters of a million dollar Salary bracket.

When you consider we need to keep Afoa and Paasi Simons retirement is a blessing.

Brian Smith pretty much said that they were in the market for this last good quality prop signing which the Cap allows with Simon coming off contract.

sup42

Juniors
wonder if Ah Mau would have signed if we were near the foot of the table as per usual..
Not for five hundred K.

This is the era of the Million dollar Top prop.

Props from top teams don't go to loser teams for the same money,

Meth

Staff member
I am talking about the Deal.
Price and Wiki blew the Cap out.

Ah Mau is a top NRL forward though.

Actually Campion when I think about it was the best Value ever, I stand corrected.

Or are you forgetting about Andy Platt? Dennis Betts?

Meth

Staff member
I feel like Ah Mau had some kinks in his game that weren’t going to be worked out over here. He needed to go to an Aussie club.

Rich102

Staff member
Plus I think getting them away from the comfort of home & mates plays a big part.

Latest posts