What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lEGENDS OF lEAGUE

K

Kiwi

Ok Peoples.

I am very pleased to announce that League Unlimited will be creating a Legends of League section on the site.

The best thing about this is, you the fans get to have your say on who is nominated and get to vote the players into the Legends of League.

What needs to be done first is for you all to nominate players under the following catergories. Note all players MUST be retired.

Players from Australia 1908 - 1950
Players from Australia 1951 - 1980
Players from Australia 1981 - 2002
Players from England 1908 - 1950
Players from England 1951 - 1980
Players from England 1981 - 2002
Players from NZ 1908 - 1940
Players from NZ 1941 - 1980
Players from NZ 1981 - 2002
Players from other countries 1908 - 2002

Some of these will no doubt end up being merged depending on the response and players nominated.

Once we have full player lists of as close to full as we are going to get, polls will be created on www.leagueunlimted.com where everyone can vote.

At a set date after the polls have been created the First members of League Unlimited's Legends of League will be announced. Detailed profiles will be created to honor these great men of our game. So get involved people.

Cheers
Kiwi

K

Kiwi

Ok Peoples.

I am very pleased to announce that League Unlimited will be creating a Legends of League section on the site.

The best thing about this is, you the fans get to have your say on who is nominated and get to vote the players into the Legends of League.

What needs to be done first is for you all to nominate players under the following catergories. Note all players MUST be retired.

Players from Australia 1908 - 1950
Players from Australia 1951 - 1980
Players from England 1908 - 1950
Players from England 1951 - 1980
Players from NZ 1908 - 1940
Players from NZ 1941 - 1980

Some of these will no doubt end up being merged depending on the response and players nominated.

Once we have full player lists of as close to full as we are going to get, polls will be created on www.leagueunlimted.com where everyone can vote.

At a set date after the polls have been created the First members of League Unlimited's Legends of League will be announced. Detailed profiles will be created to honor these great men of our game. So get involved people.

Cheers
Kiwi

K

Kiwi

To get the ball rolling these are some of my nominations.

Laurie Daley
Wally Lewis
Mal Meninga
Gene Miles
Glenn Lazarus
Peter Sterling
Peter Jackson

Ellery Hanley

Garry Freeman
Brent Todd

K

Kiwi

To get the ball rolling these are some of my nominations.

Laurie Daley
Wally Lewis
Mal Meninga
Gene Miles
Glenn Lazarus
Peter Sterling
Peter Jackson

Ellery Hanley

Garry Freeman
Brent Todd

imported_Hazy

Juniors

Tas Batieri (spl?)
and the really famous french fullback whose name I cant recall

imported_Hazy

Juniors

Tas Batieri (spl?)
and the really famous french fullback whose name I cant recall

K

Kiwi

A few more Kiwi's who came to mind are

1981 - 2002
Darryll Halligan
Mathew Ridge

and not sure what years to put these guys in Ozbash if you could help me out or anyone else that knows

Hugh McGahan ( sp? )
Mark Graham

K

Kiwi

A few more Kiwi's who came to mind are

1981 - 2002
Darryll Halligan
Mathew Ridge

and not sure what years to put these guys in Ozbash if you could help me out or anyone else that knows

Hugh McGahan ( sp? )
Mark Graham

O

ozbash

Players from Australia 1908 - 1950--- Dally Messenger,Albert Rosenfeld,W Hardcastle,Vic Armbruster,Albert Asher,Clive Churchill,Pat Walsh,Ray Stehr,Harold Horder
Players from Australia 1951 - 1980---Langlands,Cronin,Fulton,Beetson,Reg Gasnier,
Players from Australia 1981 - 2002---Wally Lewis, Steve Roach,Laurie Daly,Rod Wishart,ET,Renouf,Andrew Johns,Brad Fittler,Ian Roberts,Tim Brasher
Players from England 1908 --- 1950-Albert Goldthorpe,Bert Jenkins,James Leytham,James Lomas,Gus Risman,Martin Hodgson
Players from England 1951 --- 1980-Alex Murphy,Mick Sullivan,Kenny Gee,
Players from England 1981 --- 2002,Ellery Hanly,Dennis Betts, Martain Offiah,Bobby Goulding,Garry Schofeild,Joe Lydon
Players from NZ 1908 --- 1940,Dally Messenger,A.H.Baskerville,G.W.Smith,H.S.Turtil,J.C.Gleeson,Lance Todd,JR &WT Wynyard,Geo Smith,Opai Asher,Steve Watene,Bert Avery
Players from NZ 1941 --- 1980Ces& Bill Mountford,Cyril Eastlake,Frank Mulcare,George Menzies,Mel Cooke,Maunga Emery,Tony Krilitich,Kenny Stirling,Murray Eade,John Greengrass,Roy Christianson,Henry Tatana
Players from NZ 1981 --- 2002,Denis Williams,Olsen Filipaina,Mark Graham,Dane O'hara,Kevin Tamati,Mark Broadhurst,Garry Prohm,Gary Freeman,Henry&Rob Paul,Steve Kearney,Darryl Halligan,Stacey Jones, Ali Lauititi,Jerry Seuseu
Players from other countries 1908 --- 2002-Adriam Lam,Jonathon Davies,Marcus Bai,

very difficult.
i could do the kiwis again and probably get more.

my top 4 all time,greats-kiwis
1,S,Jones
2,George Menzies
3,Ali Lauititi
4,Mark Graham

O

ozbash

Players from Australia 1908 - 1950--- Dally Messenger,Albert Rosenfeld,W Hardcastle,Vic Armbruster,Albert Asher,Clive Churchill,Pat Walsh,Ray Stehr,Harold Horder
Players from Australia 1951 - 1980---Langlands,Cronin,Fulton,Beetson,Reg Gasnier,
Players from Australia 1981 - 2002---Wally Lewis, Steve Roach,Laurie Daly,Rod Wishart,ET,Renouf,Andrew Johns,Brad Fittler,Ian Roberts,Tim Brasher
Players from England 1908 --- 1950-Albert Goldthorpe,Bert Jenkins,James Leytham,James Lomas,Gus Risman,Martin Hodgson
Players from England 1951 --- 1980-Alex Murphy,Mick Sullivan,Kenny Gee,
Players from England 1981 --- 2002,Ellery Hanly,Dennis Betts, Martain Offiah,Bobby Goulding,Garry Schofeild,Joe Lydon
Players from NZ 1908 --- 1940,Dally Messenger,A.H.Baskerville,G.W.Smith,H.S.Turtil,J.C.Gleeson,Lance Todd,JR &WT Wynyard,Geo Smith,Opai Asher,Steve Watene,Bert Avery
Players from NZ 1941 --- 1980Ces& Bill Mountford,Cyril Eastlake,Frank Mulcare,George Menzies,Mel Cooke,Maunga Emery,Tony Krilitich,Kenny Stirling,Murray Eade,John Greengrass,Roy Christianson,Henry Tatana
Players from NZ 1981 --- 2002,Denis Williams,Olsen Filipaina,Mark Graham,Dane O'hara,Kevin Tamati,Mark Broadhurst,Garry Prohm,Gary Freeman,Henry&Rob Paul,Steve Kearney,Darryl Halligan,Stacey Jones, Ali Lauititi,Jerry Seuseu
Players from other countries 1908 --- 2002-Adriam Lam,Jonathon Davies,Marcus Bai,

very difficult.
i could do the kiwis again and probably get more.

my top 4 all time,greats-kiwis
1,S,Jones
2,George Menzies
3,Ali Lauititi
4,Mark Graham

O

ozbash

sorry, just re read it, some are still playing.
massive thread tho kiwi, well done

O

ozbash

sorry, just re read it, some are still playing.
massive thread tho kiwi, well done

K

Kiwi

Thanks Oz.

I just hope people nominate alot of players that way we can get some really good polls going, and finish up with an unbelievable Legends of League section with players from all over the world.

K

Kiwi

Thanks Oz.

I just hope people nominate alot of players that way we can get some really good polls going, and finish up with an unbelievable Legends of League section with players from all over the world.

L

legend

I'll throw in a few. Dave Brown and Brian Bevan for Australia, 1908-1950.

Chook Raper, Bob McCarthy, Ron Coote, Norm Provan, Ken ThornettandKeith Barnesfor Australia 1951,1980.

I think we may need to call in the heavyweights here for some expert assistance. Willow and Retread, front and centre please. You guys would probably have more of an idea regarding the Australian players prior to 1980 than I would.

L

legend

I'll throw in a few. Dave Brown and Brian Bevan for Australia, 1908-1950.

Chook Raper, Bob McCarthy, Ron Coote, Norm Provan, Ken ThornettandKeith Barnesfor Australia 1951,1980.

I think we may need to call in the heavyweights here for some expert assistance. Willow and Retread, front and centre please. You guys would probably have more of an idea regarding the Australian players prior to 1980 than I would.