What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Re-Signs for 2 Years

Very happy this kid has signed a new contract.

Shows he has an excellent attitude to competition and is mature enough to accept he needed to increase his fitness level and improve his tackling technique and physicality.

He is a must in the 17 if his fitness reaches NRL standard.

Pure skill, true game breaker.

Most importantly he wants to play for his junior club. Says a lot about the kind of person he is.

Best of luck big fella, am looking forward to you setting up lots of tries for Dufty and Field (Super sub).

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think this year is a big year for luc.
Hopefully he can get plenty of time in the 17.
We need him and sele to be ready to take over from tommo.
I think tommo will go to the highest bidder in 2019 as it will be his last contrat.

Crush

Coach
I think this year is a big year for luc.
Hopefully he can get plenty of time in the 17.
We need him and sele to be ready to take over from tommo.
I think tommo will go to the highest bidder in 2019 as it will be his last contrat.
With Thompson off contract he will probably play his best footy this year. Thats a great thing!

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
In this off-season I have been quickly browsing the Forum as my last website for the day, not wanting to miss any possible good news such as Mary and Doust announcing their long awaited retirements. I am refusing to be led into fairytale land again by reports of "toughest pre-season ever". But I have to admit to receiving a very pleasant surprise this evening to read of Luc's re-signing. There are several good pieces of news contained in this one re-signing. To me the most significant is despite the coach's shortcomings the club is getting some things right. If I remember correctly Luc wanted 3 years last year but only got two but with a more mature attitude he has now gained a year more than his original goal. A win for Luc, a win for the club and a win for the long- suffering fans.

What I like about Millward when he comments is that there appears to be a rationality to what he does, a logic that seems sadly lacking in the actions of the coach. Bit by bit, year by year the talent in the squad is improving. Soon Mary must galvanise this talent into a winning team or allow someone better equipped to do so.

getsmarty

Immortal
Leilua extends Dragons contract until 2020
Local Sport
r0_31_3454_1981_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Extension: Dragons forward Luciano Leilua will remain with the side until the end of 2020 after extending his contract for a further two years. Picture: Georgia Matts.

Emerging St George Illawarra junior Luciano Leilua is looking forward to securing a spot in the club’s NRL side after signing a two-year contract extension.

The Dragons 2016 Holden Cup Player of the Year made his NRL debut in 2016 but was unable to add to his four caps in 2017. Despite this, he was named Illawarra Player of the Year after an exceptional NSW Premiership season.

“I’m excited to stay at the club until 2020,” Leilua said. “I’m grateful the club re-signed me, I’m enjoying my time here and looking forward to getting stuck into 2018.

“I’ve had a good preseason at the moment, I’ve come back in good shape and just got to try to stay in shape and give myself the best opportunity to play the full 80 minutes.”

Dragons recruitment manager Ian Millward said the 21-year-old has a promising future ahead of him.

"His training this preseason has been outstanding,” Millward said. “There's been a complete physical and mental change about the way he goes about his business. We really believe 2018 is going to be a super year for Luciano."

Luciano hopes to one day follow in brother Joey Leilua’s footsteps and represent Samoa, however he is keeping his focus on playing for the Dragons in 2018.

“Playing for Samoa is probably next year’s goal,” Leilua said. “My goal for now is preseason and getting myself into the best shape to get 2018 rolling. Through the offseason we’ve been working together, I’ve been trying to get some skills off Joey, trying to learn off him.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5136113/leilua-extends-dragons-stint/?cs=302