What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua

Drag Queen

Bench
In all fairness his development has been stifled by our inept coaching staff demonstrating an unwillingness to blood him via the bench and investing in has beens like latimore for next season..
I agree but this kid needs to show some urgency. Who picked him and whose training him ? Nobody.

qld redvee

Juniors
dont forget he was playing for a pretty mixed up cutters this year . As we all know there were some strange selections so it wasnt the perfect learning curve BUT he has kept going and improved his weight should be our 4th interchange to come on late first half as previously mentioned . All comes down to that dreaded bench management !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

possm

Coach
he has more attacking ability in his little finger than the rest of the forward back combined.

when was the last time you saw a saints forward pop up a soft pass to put a back through a hole ?

Yes he needs to work on his fitness and tackling technique

His skill set is what we need, give the kid time. He will be a gem if they support him.
Leilua will step up in 2018 because his contract is up at the end of the season. Both he and his brother will be looking to unite at a new club. Hopefully Millward has a handle on this and is arranging for both to be at the Dragons long term.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Leilua will step up in 2018 because his contract is up at the end of the season. Both he and his brother will be looking to unite at a new club. Hopefully Millward has a handle on this and is arranging for both to be at the Dragons long term.
A Joey Leilua and Lomax centre pairing in 2019 would be pretty good, as long as Joey could recapture his 2016 form. Joey was one of the form centres in 2016, but he form dropped this year.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I agree but this kid needs to show some urgency. Who picked him and whose training him ? Nobody.
Really DRAG you get selected as PLAYER OF THE YEAR ,and you lose 10 KILOS and you claim nobody's behind that really mate .WHERE DO YOU GET THESE GEMS FROM.

Frank Facer

First Grade
A Joey Leilua and Lomax centre pairing in 2019 would be pretty good, as long as Joey could recapture his 2016 form. Joey was one of the form centres in 2016, but he form dropped this year.
I corrected my last post. I meant to say that Joey Leilua's 2016 form was very good, but his 2017 form was not good.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not a fan of Joey, he does come across as a very selfish footballer. I rarely (if ever) see him do any 1%'s off the ball. he has a dummy spit all too often, I've noticed him throw an average pass, blow up at the receiver when a defender has taken possession and started running, BJ hasn't given chase and still blowing up at his team mate.

It's a massive pass on Joey for me.

Redhoopz

Juniors
I'm hopeful that Leilua will get some game time in 2018. There was quite a few games this season, where they could've used someone with his ability. Leilua had a good combination going with Dufty in the 20's last season (2016)

possm

Coach
I'm hopeful that Leilua will get some game time in 2018. There was quite a few games this season, where they could've used someone with his ability. Leilua had a good combination going with Dufty in the 20's last season (2016)
When you have a player like Leilua in your squad, an assistant coach needs to take responsibility for his fitness, attitude and form. Get him fit and teach him to push through the pain and we will have a real winner. Give Hornby or Young the job of getting him ready for next season and hold the assistant coach accountable if he falls short of the task.

Last edited:

RPG437

Juniors
I wonder if he has the same mentality as his big brother? Mad as a cut snake, devastating on a good day but prone to brain explosions...

Latest posts