What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's bring back the Rooster Man song

Bring back the Rooster Man song

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

adamkungl

Immortal

Not as our main club song of course, but playing it at half time would be a crack up.
Better than stolen nonsense like the Viking Clap and the awful Sweet Caroline.

Get the crowd singing Rooster Rooster Man :D:D Kids would love it.

adamkungl

Immortal
It was kind of gay but grew on me. Why not? Bring it back

It's a bit gay but what isn't.
Only a short walk up from Oxford St to the SFS... get our local community on board!

Imo it's a crack up.. was at the pub in a Roosters shirt a few weeks back and some absolutely munted merkin walks up to us and plonks his phone on the table playing Rooster Man. It was at that moment this fine idea occurred to me.

Headless Chook

Juniors
A BIT gay? Now that's an understatement! Still, didn't stop me from dropping the strides and dancing like a lunatic to it after the siren sounded in 2013. Thankfully the video has since long been deleted.

Would be fun though if it made a comeback.

H.H

Juniors
I did similar in 2000 after the prelim against Newcastle.

Sang it like a mother f**ker back at the club when the players arrived.

Valheru

Coach
A BIT gay? Now that's an understatement! Still, didn't stop me from dropping the strides and dancing like a lunatic to it after the siren sounded in 2013. Thankfully the video has since long been deleted.

Did they play it at the game or was it elsewhere?

I had a lot to drink that day but I am sure I would remember such an epic moment at the ground.

adamkungl

Immortal
I have purchased tickets to the game even though there has been no reply from the club about this important issue.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Did they play it at the game or was it elsewhere?

I had a lot to drink that day but I am sure I would remember such an epic moment at the ground.
Nah Val, I couldn't make the game. I was at a barbie and someone fired it up on YouTube.

The next year when the Filth were handed their premiership I refused to watch the game at all. I cooked a whole rabbit with red and green capsicums and hoped like hell that they'd lose. They didn't. But it was sure was a tasty dish.

StadiumXIII

Juniors

Not as our main club song of course, but playing it at half time would be a crack up.
Better than stolen nonsense like the Viking Clap and the awful Sweet Caroline.

Get the crowd singing Rooster Rooster Man :D:D Kids would love it.
I can see this working like in the Macho man music video the people punching their fists up into the air they could do the chicken wings, good way to get the crowd into the matches.

OVP

Coach
Alice in Chains' Rooster please. I mean those lyrics are absolutely perfect. It would rock having the players run out to that incredibly kickarse song.

ouryear

Juniors

Played like the song in the 2010 GF LOL......