What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's face it, we are fragile.

JDHD

Juniors
I think that we have to many players waiting for somebody else to do the hard yards
The only players that stant up and try to insert some grunt are vaughn fitz and jdb

I feel the rest just wait for thoes players to do something and than jump on the back of that
But when the players are off or buggered nobody else wants to stand up and give us the line speen like jdb
Or run off the back fence like fitz
Or fight for post contact metres like vaughn
Daugn can do it when he wants to
But its only when he wants not all the time

Garth is trying but is all alone when these players are off

Dufty has injected sone enthusiasm but it will take time
Ainkin dose some good things like runs hard but is still learning
Thomo and lam are all heart but lack that x factor
But tough as nails
And the others are good first graders but nothing special and do their job well
But still need leaders to help them out

Thats what i think

I think you keyed in to a really important part of the teams's dynamic. You said Dugan can do all these amazing things BUT ONLY WHEN HE WANTS TO. I will never forget Round 26 last year when Dugan got beaten for pace and footwork by Mitch Barnett. Mitch f**king Barnett. A middle forward for the worst NRL team in history.
Dugan knows how to tank a game, and if your Kangaroo-level fullback is tanking or taking the easy option, and you're a young 20s player like Host or Dufty, you will find an excuse to do the same. Look at the Warriors. The second Johnson goes down, they give up.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I honestly don't think they are fragile but more arrogant. They think that they can just play down the clock like they thought with Souths or just turn up against the weaker sides and win. Their early season form on the back of good work got to their heads big time. As soon as these weaker sides give them a bit of a challenge they panic, get to a lead then do this bull$hit one out stuff to run the clock down rather than continue to try and get more points. Souths and Raiders were good examples of clock watching. Dogs, Knights and Titans were good examples of them going in with this poor attitude where they think they are better than the opposition and just need to turn up and guarantee 2 pts. They are not only clock watchers but table watchers. It's like their attitude is we are top 8 most of the year and deserve to be there so no need to work hard anymore until Finals footy comes along. Guess what, Finals footy is not coming along because of their $hit attitude. They should be embarrassed with their form seriously. THey finaly got rid of the Chokers tag after 2010 and are now getting it back. Well done Dragons.

The comeback from the Knights also probably gave them this $hite attitude where they think they can just score whenever they want.

If they were fragile they would not be playing so well against the teams in the top 8. They dod not really get touched up by anyone (bar Melb) and have been in every other game.

I would not be suprised if they beat the Panthers and Bronco's and lose to the Dogs and Titans because of this bad attitude they have.

Team attitude mimics the persona of the coach and his goals.

Mary thinks scraping into the 8 is an achievement in a 15 team competition.

Whilst ever the club sets the performance bar at ankle level, we supporters can expect to watch a hot and cold side that feels near enough is good enough.

Fish rots from the head.

f**k off Doust and take that imposter of a coach with you

Gareth67

First Grade
The Kandos Psychiatric Center would have one hell of a time with some of our blokes . The silly beggars would end up in the nut house , making weird gurgling sounds along with the likes of our ex- mate Sigturd or Vailesky or whatever his name was .

Truely , they at times , wander around the park like a bunch of lost sheep , when the pressure is applied . However enough of this , we all know the real problem and it all starts at the front office and finally to the coach .

The reason that some of the players do not show that much needed ethic of ' giving it your all ' is twofold , imo . The coach cannot put that win , win at all costs attitude into his players and the Dragons do not have a REAL team leader , one who can lead by example and also inspire his teammates to greater efforts .

That particular player once made captain , will at the very least , ensure an 80 minute performance is given by all players , once he is given the role . He needs to be a forward , so he is in the thick of the action , not a back .

Last edited: