What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

letter from Hindy

Redback71

First Grade
Not in our wildest dreams could we have imagined that result against the Cowboys on Sunday, but it does show that anything is possible in this competition.

sorry if already posted had a quick look and could not see any where.

Obviously it was a match I enjoyed playing in, and enjoyed the way the crowd supported the guys given their shot in the top grade. It was an absolute master stroke from Smithy in picking the guys who he did to play, because their enthusiasm and desire to prove they have what it takes in the top grade is absolutely infectious and rubbed off on the whole team.

Probably a great example of the sort of enthusiasm I am talking about is when we were able to push Matt Bowen into he in goal area when he was on about the 10 metre line from a kick return - I think 2 of the 3 guys involved in the tackle were Luke O'Dwyer and Ben Smith, both having a crack at first grade after a time in Premier League.

We are not getting ahead of ourselves in thinking that all he hard work is done because of one win against the competition leaders, but it will certainly make the bye weekend a lot easier. Before the match we were all thinking that it was a 4 point game because of the bye and turned out great.

Dean Widders was named Players Player and rightly so - he is just playing great footy at the moment - he has worked really hard on his fitness and his footy is showing that. We worked out a bit of a combination on the left side there and hopefully we can keep working on that.

It was a great day at Parramatta Stadium on Sunday - and I think there are more to come this year.